Sign in to follow this  
Sael_

Update 0.6.3 - General Feedback

23 comments in this topic

[AIM]
WG Staff
202 posts

Captains,

Please share all feedback regarding Update 0.6.3 in general below in this topic.

For feedback, suggestions and bug reports on specific features, please access the following links:

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Stability

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Bug Reports

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Carrier control improvement

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Balance changes

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Key binding changes

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Chat changes

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Other Changes

Thank you :)

Beta Tester
128 posts
5,721 battles

No stealthfire feedback... isnt that a Little convenient? The removal of stealthfire along with Radio Location makes this game less skillbased. Thats a shame.

• Cool 5

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

General feedback: Another half baked patch that caters to a group of players that wants a point and click adventure and not a balanced and challenging experience. 

Suggestion: Make a spin-off and call it Sailing Simulator use the same ships as in WoWs but remove the guns and profit. 

Edited by Niibler

Players
1,071 posts
8,176 battles

I don't know if this belong to bugs or elsewhere, because i am not able to reproduce it reliably.

Randomly, when i zoom in (artillery camera), i have to press the hotkey a couple of time until the camera really zooms in. Same thing happen when i try to zoom out. Sometimes it works just fine, then i had it a few times in a row that the camera does not what i want it to do. It feels like the camera zoom has lag or something like this, really weird and dangerous while in a knifefight with another DD.

I have read from people on PTS that they had a similar effect when they pressed other keys (e.g. WASD) and tried to zoom in. But as i said, i tried to reproduce it but i came to no reliable conclusion what this cam behavior triggers. I never had this prior to 0.6.3 and i also did not have this on PTS when i tested 0.6.3.

[LTMA]
Beta Tester
18 posts

i have more than 100 ship in my port, and you give me ONLY ENOUGH CAPTAIN XP TO RESET 3X19 POINTS CAPTAIN ARE YOU FOR REAL??? AND EVEN THAT I HAVE TO EARN??? FOR WHAT? YOU MADE DELIBERATE CHANGES TO THE GAME, THE SHIP PERFORMANCES, AND CAPTAIN SKILLS.

WHAT IS WORSE THAN TO REDISTRIBUTE ALL YOUR CAPTAINS?? HAVING TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER MONEY GRAB????

AND DON'T GIVE ME IT IS REDUCED COST [edited].  I PAID FOR PREMIUM SHIPS WITH REAL MONEY, REAL MONEY!!! AND NOW I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN TO RESPEC MY CAPTAINS??? WTF WG

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,295 battles

The single most buggy patch that i have ever seen in 6 years of playing 3 different WG games. This patch pretty much completely broke the game. Crosshair missing, port bugged till no end, chat window completely bugged, cant press tab in game anymore, hud is messed up .. This is a very bad April 1st joke guys ..

• Cool 1

Players
665 posts
9,396 battles

WG has shot itself in the foot with the changes to destroyers. The game, post 0.6.3, just doesn't feel right. You can no longer fire at targets opportunity in case you start getting fired at by 6 or more ships. WG has taken away the only advantage destroyers had. How many games have there been where any of the destroyers make it to the end? This proves that even with stealth fire destroyers were easily destroyed.

Also, 0.6.3 is the worse update in my memory (playing 2 years). So many problems, even after an extra patch.

Please WG, get it together, you have a lot of support among the player bases, don't screw with them.

• Cool 1

[MIRKO]
[MIRKO]
Players
53 posts
7,507 battles

What gets on my nerves very badly, except of the worst update ever implemented, is that the issues are known (like the one with the sub and divisions), but there is NO FREAKING INFORMATION about what WG is going to do about it on the website (just like there was no info on the update earlier this morning) - like nothing happened. But of course the "weekend special" in the premium shop is announced and running. Are you serious, WG?

I get, that there were some hints on the official forum, but do I really need to start searching for "what the hell is going on" on my own, browsing a forum?

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,706 battles

Though much bugs (which are being discussed elsewhere) so far I really like the update! Finally gotten rid of that POS invisifire at open sea! Those people playing "hide and seek" being useless to their team untill they finally positioned themselves on a spot to harras enemies which can't shoot back and calling themselved "skilled players." So glad this problem is solved once and for all. Now you can still harrass people on long range but expect return fire.

I sure hope the ROFLStomp problem is getting attention in the future.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles

I dont know where to start, the game have gone down hill skill wise for a long time, ever sine IJN torps got a super nerf. Sure I dont mind 20km torps being removed but spotting the darn things at like 2.5Km, more with vigilance and module is retarded.

Ever since then Cry Babies have been buffed like no other class.

DD's are useless now, BB's border surf and shoot HE like the idiots they are and just lets the team down, DD's dont dare use guns other then RU DD's but even they are punished in the regard that support is all but gone since everyone is now camping.

Yea Im glad I bought a bunch of other games and got Mass Effect the day this patch hit because I got bored to death after playing WOWS for a few hours.

BB's worst enemy now is another BB. Its the easiest class to play, turn your brain off and sail. I mean most experienced players that I spoken with don not fear DD's or Cruisers, only the occasional CV, the biggest threat to a BB is another BB nowadays and been ever since the DD/CC nerfing began. The good old days where you actually had to fear other classes in a BB have been gone for at least 6 months.

Its very clear that WG has no vision of what the game is suppose to be and therefore no direction where to take it that the player base can identify with. The game is losing its identity more and more and is now a Battleship point and click arcade game.

WG you realy screwed the game up and I  cant realy see how this game can be saved any more with the main developer you have that has NO idea what the gamers want, whit the leadership you have and all we heard from them in interviews is clear you hired the wrong people and they will kill this game, its dying, its on respirator and everyone is just waiting for the game to die.

So my tip WG, dont burn all your profits on Lamborghini and party's because you are gonna need it to save your company.

I have not spent a dime on this game since 0.6.0 because the game has been slow and broken to a degrade unacceptable for a paying consumer.

And the last thing I want to do is pay money for another Premium BB that is totally OP with ridiculous torpedo belt, citadels low in the water and super AA.

OP BB's are already overpopulating the server, the last thing we need is another BB that breaks the game.

What sold the game for me was the IJN DD line and DD's in general. Sure I play 50% BB and 50% DD if we lock at those classes, DD's is just getting harder and harder, BB's is just getting so easy, you have ALL the toys the other classes have and then some. Just retarded to a level that cant be told with words.

And I liked DD's in open beta and the early stable game, now  they are just nerfed so badly the games feels boring and punishing to play.

So why dont you just create World Of Battleships, make the other classes BOTS and remove Random battle and just have CO-OP WG? I mean that sound like the game you want right?

My 44% WR 60+ year old father would love that crap, he points and clicks in BB's all day long tough he loved DD's to until you nerfed his Minikaze then he stopped playing them.

He never reeds the forum or patch notices not even the info on the game launcher, never learns the games mechanics, add more achievements, they make him feel SO DAM GOOD about him self!

Problem with him tough for you is that he dont pay you a penny, I did. So yea fun when the skilled player leaves and your stuck with the non paying gamers with crap WR. They just want there point and click achievement fix.

The real problem with WG is that they have no idea what players want or how people work, your in a downward spiral, your "fixes" is making the problems worse so you make new fixes that make it even worse.

GG WG, GG!

Edited by G3Virus
  • Cool 2

[WULF]
Players
18 posts
3,403 battles

The latest patch that came out a couple of days after 0.6.3 appears to have killed my ability to run WoWS on my (admittedly old) PC. The PC can't unpack the launcher update, it fails repeatedly. I contacted WG support and got repeated advice to add the WOWSLauncher and WorldofWarships to firewall and antivirus. Unfortunately, asking somebody to do this three times, when they already did it before contacting support the first time, is (a) not guaranteed to fix the issue, and (b) guaranteed to get a premium account player pretty irritated, placing your continuing revenue form this source at risk.

So - Windows 10, running on a 2007-era motherboard with 2xQuad-core 6600 Intel CPU, 4GB DDR2 400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeGorce 8800 GTS. It was a good setup 7 years ago...

I've searched repeatedly for a minimum specification to run WoWS, to no avail. It's time to publish one, as without it your support team can't actually provide support effectively once you get past antivirus and firewall settings.

What I'd like to know is - has the latest patch caused an increase in support mails, is there an issue with it on certain machines, or did my luck just finally run out?

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

A very good touch is the possibility to transfer Captain XP from a top ranked one to another, it allows nursing them way faster than previously without having to transfer them from ship to ship, at the moment i nurse my Kagero Captain using my Akatsuki Captain points.

Not only i learn how to use the tVIII, but i can beneficiate from the XP points from the previous, it makes the transition easier.

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

Though much bugs (which are being discussed elsewhere) so far I really like the update! Finally gotten rid of that POS invisifire at open sea! Those people playing "hide and seek" being useless to their team untill they finally positioned themselves on a spot to harras enemies which can't shoot back and calling themselved "skilled players." So glad this problem is solved once and for all. Now you can still harrass people on long range but expect return fire.

LOL! I'm not alone after all.

Yeah, invisifiring anyway requiers a lot less skills, in particular due to the fact that those guys more often than not also spam H.E on their target and "melt it", meaning they do not need to put as many shells on it to cause damages, all you need is rate of fire and high chances of fire on top, you wont get many citadels camping but fires, oh boy...

They will come back at you saying that Fire Prevention reduces that and that it was the faut of BB and Russian players complaining about it, but BBs are NOT the main victims of this spaming, lower HP Cruisers with no access to Repair Party would die real fast under HE spamming, even so it doesn't show in any chart, fire might not being the main cause for the kills, H.E is the most used and cause of those kills due to spamming of this amunition after melting of a target by fire.

As for myself i have my best results with a ship that never had invisifiring capabilities, don't camp on my smoke 99.99% of the time and still manage to get gun kills with a ship which guns aren't the forte, so all this noise about the "skills" needed to invisifire is looking as much bean wind and i think it is a good thing W.G finaly decided to reduce the opportunities to use this play style, it was imposed on everyone else by a minority and promoted camping. No less.

Players
12 posts

here is one of those responsible for this mess ...

if you cross his path, sink him...even if it makes you pink ...

i know i will ...

Edited by Wismerhill_l
  • Cool 1

Players
5 posts
1,133 battles

The latest patch that came out a couple of days after 0.6.3 appears to have killed my ability to run WoWS on my (admittedly old) PC. The PC can't unpack the launcher update, it fails repeatedly. I contacted WG support and got repeated advice to add the WOWSLauncher and WorldofWarships to firewall and antivirus. Unfortunately, asking somebody to do this three times, when they already did it before contacting support the first time, is (a) not guaranteed to fix the issue, and (b) guaranteed to get a premium account player pretty irritated, placing your continuing revenue form this source at risk.

So - Windows 10, running on a 2007-era motherboard with 2xQuad-core 6600 Intel CPU, 4GB DDR2 400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeGorce 8800 GTS. It was a good setup 7 years ago...

I've searched repeatedly for a minimum specification to run WoWS, to no avail. It's time to publish one, as without it your support team can't actually provide support effectively once you get past antivirus and firewall settings.

What I'd like to know is - has the latest patch caused an increase in support mails, is there an issue with it on certain machines, or did my luck just finally run out?

I would try a completely new install ..without touching the old one.

[WULF]
Players
18 posts
3,403 battles

I would try a completely new install ..without touching the old one.

Tried that. I think I've tracked down the issue, no thanks to WoWS support, who have repeated the same advice for the third or fourth time. However, it requires cash to be spent, and so will take time to prove.

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,706 battles

here is one of those responsible for this mess ...

if you cross his path, sink him...even if it makes you pink ...

i know i will ...

Ah, concluding by the way you're writing I presume you're 1 of those "invisi f@gs" Oh I am so looking forward to you giving me your "best shot." Please, girl. Bring it to me. Tell you what: I'll give you 3 salvo's without return fire to make it slightly more even! Deal? :teethhappy:

[PARAZ]
Alpha Tester
10 posts
15,678 battles

Will there be a range upgrade for the Iwaki Alpha? Compared to other tier 4 CAs it has now a really bad range...

Update range of Kuma (tier IV) from 11.7 to 12.8 km. The Iwaki alpha still have 10.2. Perhaps you just missed this ship to upgrade too?

Sign in to follow this