Sign in to follow this  
Sael_

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Other Changes

6 comments in this topic

[AIM]
WG Staff
202 posts

Captains,

Please share all feedback regarding any other changes in Update 0.6.3 below in this topic.

Thank you :)

[SCRUB]
Players
1,987 posts

Windows transparency.

Guys, do something about transparency of the ingame pop-up descriptions. Whenever you hover your mouse above ship picture in tech tree, or ship's technical detail in port view - window opens with transparent background...

I mean, seriously, what I'm interested is text in the text field, not underlying picture... Cut transparency 50 percent or add option to set background transparency.

And #MakeTextReadableAgain...

Thank you in advance...

[BEXF]
[BEXF]
Players
18 posts
4,425 battles

May be me!

Containers:- after selecting the Top Left field to collect one of the daily containers, I notice that it "delivers" a container (for type selection), which then drops into the ships hatch and another one is then delivered for you to OPEN.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
450 posts
5,505 battles

Good work at looking to bring popular mods in the game, at least something has been done towards showing smoke circles and now a counter. It's nice to think the game isn't dead yet. May I suggest some more:

• default ship icons are still "50 shades of grey" for no reason, any color differences to tell just by color, which class of ship you're looking at would remove the need for some mods
  • default pictures for consumables are still almost similar you can't easily tell for sure you're equipping the premium version, just paint the premium ones in gold like the mods do, it's not as cheesy as it sounds
  • Shell Tracers can never be clear enough to tell which type of shells are incoming - I prefer AP's are blue and HE's orange/yellow
  • there are still roster and lineup screens where for every players' name, only like 8 characters are shown (including the clan tag), making you guess and doing cross-checks to find out the full names of players, I guess 1920 pixels wide is the standard screen width nowadays, maybe we could stop using only 800 pixels and make the name fields wide enough
  • Fog Remover has always been mandatory for me; I hate blurring my vision for no reason and adding extra load on the GPU - would you consider it as standard
  • if I understand correctly, you have already added option to "Show ship names in minimap", but it works badly for those not using the Alternative Battle Interface, so the names from minimap are gone if not holding down Alt key - this should be permanently toggled to show names at all time imo (Alt battle interface brings too much info on the actual game UI imo, so I rather check with Alt clicks) - this goes hand in hand with "Last known enemy positions" in minimap, brings so much ease that it should be mandatory for everyone
  • Standard Battle game mode never worked - it just encourages camping - it made some difference you disabled the Draw outcomes but still - Standard Battles make the game seem worse than it is and it should be gone ages ago - on the other hand, I think all attempts towards other game modes where you have to sail to control objectives have been either good or interesting with ofc Bastardion being silly (maybe there is a way for it to work so Forts aren't brutally strong, it was a nice idea for extra flavor but overkill execution) but still I appreciate looking for alternatives for the Standard camping mode which should just go imo
  • we could talk about Show Target Direction Lines in Minimap   and Navigator  which are really useful, helpful and good mods but I don't want to start WW3 so I'll leave it at that
  • I still want to say that making not every Smoke puff be drawn at all to reduce server load was a mistake and should be reverted. I find that in RN cruisers thanks to the tweak of last puff it works decently but in my Udaloi for example, I have no idea what's happening when smoking, consistency seems like a joke in other ships' smoking. Could we just consider making smoking great again and make every puff actually work, it would make the gameplay so much easier and you've always said you don't want to overcomplicate, and keep things fairly simple. I have a feeling the server/client load for those few extra smokes are close to negligible (and you do have competent programmers to optimize the load caused by this further, right?) and totally not worth the trouble leaving some out is causing

Finally, my thanks for reading and for still trying to improve the game and not abandoning it - let's keep hope alive, I want to believe!

PS. If I knew a place here on the forums where you actually want suggestions to be posted - I would use that place instead

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
Players
303 posts
7,261 battles

Whatever you've done to the chat, please provide an option to disable it as it's really not happy these days.

My chat does these delightful things since upgrading to 6.3:

• 'Flickers' on and off very quickly sometimes for absolutely no apparent reason. Makes every control useless until I press 'Tab' twice, which always clears it. I reckon this has something to do with the different chat modes not functioning correctly. An unfortunate side effect of this is a lot of consumables being accidentally used due to incorrect control inputs. PLEASE FIX THIS! On ships like Edinburgh which rely on consumables it's a huge game-breaker to lose half of them due to a chat glitch within the first 2 minutes of a game...
  • Doesn't work in division chat after game crash and re-entry.
  • Doesn't always scroll but instead does the 'flickering' motion (see above)
  • Chat is unstable to say the least when using Ranger. Sometimes it just doesn't work at all.
  • Voice chat is broken. Just totally broken.

I'm annoyed by this as otherwise 6.3 is a great update for me. On PTS, chat was the largest issue there too (here at least), so i hope this is something which will be sorted by 6.4.

Sign in to follow this