Sign in to follow this  
Sael_

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Key binding changes

27 comments in this topic

[AIM]
WG Staff
202 posts

Captains,

Please share all feedback regarding the key binding changes in Update 0.6.3 below in this topic.

Thank you :)

[BUSHI]
Players
3,164 posts
16,663 battles

PageUP and PageDown are not working now for zoom. Changing the keys does not resolve the problem. So how can I zoom in/out without mouse wheel ? The very similar problem was in test version. Please fix it. At least say is it not working globally or only for me ? (some are reporting that problem too)

[SCRUB]
Players
2,000 posts

Hate quoting myself, but unless IDS_strings are meant to appear in game, it hasn't been fixed.

1. Description
Texts under ammo type, in battle screen, overlap each other when alternative mouse buttons are selected.

2. Reproduction steps
Under settings, redefine keys corresponding to HE and AP as Mouse Buttons 3 and 4 (my case)

3. Result
Text under ammo type in battle reads IDS_KEY_MOUSE3, IDS_KEY_MOUSE4

4. Expected result
As in the case of MMB (Middle Mouse Button) abbreviation such as MB3, MB4 should be used.

5. Technical details
none

• Cool 2

[TRRC]
Players
504 posts

HUGE PROBLEM

Control keys "right Shift" or "right Ctrl" don't work but it was fixed in the PT 0.6.3 last update. So why in the current still?

Also it does NOT distinguish between right and left controls, so if you set up "right Shift" in reality both Shift are taken eliminating the usual Shift zoom function.

I just lost a battle easily, trying to fix on the go but it didn't work...

Tried to set up left rudder "right ctrl" but it took all ctrl and couldn't Ctrl clik on planes or targets to prioritize them.

Please fix it quickly! Thank you!

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
4,300 battles

I had my own command_mapping_config.xml which I just placed in the mods folder each update. If I place it in the mods folder now the game will not even boot up.

As a left handed user the normal mapping are just no go for me.

please sort as setting the keys every time I play is so dam annoying

[OCTO]
Players
741 posts
15,666 battles

I have mapped SPACE to Artillery View, but responsiveness is erratic. Sometimes there is a noticeable delay in switching between the views and on few occasions I had to click twice in the middle of the battle. 

Something is wrong there....

• Cool 1

[BUSHI]
Players
3,164 posts
16,663 battles

I had my own command_mapping_config.xml which I just placed in the mods folder each update. If I place it in the mods folder now the game will not even boot up.

As a left handed user the normal mapping are just no go for me.

please sort as setting the keys every time I play is so dam annoying

Old command_mapping_config.xml is not working. You must edit a newest version (can be unpacked from /res_packages directory), but now you can assign any key to all avaiable options (not checked myself)  in game itself, without former "save" problem.
Edited by Odo_Toothless

Players
285 posts
12,550 battles

Hate quoting myself, but unless IDS_strings are meant to appear in game, it hasn't been fixed.

Same problem here

Players
239 posts
8,805 battles

I have mapped SPACE to Artillery View, but responsiveness is erratic. Sometimes there is a noticeable delay in switching between the views and on few occasions I had to click twice in the middle of the battle. 

Something is wrong there....

I have the same problem. I have mapped right clic for artillery view and there is latency since patch 0.6.3 :/ 
  • Cool 2

Players
5 posts
4,300 battles

Old command_mapping_config.xml is not working. You must edit a newest version (can be unpacked from /res_packages directory), but now you can assign any key to all avaiable options (not checked myself)  in game itself, without former "save" problem.

cheers

[TRRC]
Players
504 posts

Same problem here

It was the problem of the first 6.3 version in the Public Test, but then was fixed 2 days later with an update.... somebody took the first release by mistake to make it official I guess.

• Cool 1

[DMOK]
Players
556 posts
27,010 battles

Having Serval Issues with Serval Keys and KeyBindings... wont work as it should be, sometimes i cant even Press ESC because it doesnt react -> so i cant even Control my Settings.

There are Issues with ALT and CRTL Page up and Down. Some of them just makes your Games just unplayable, im not rly sure about that "Improvement" but why WG dont let it - as it works?

Let it still like it works for about 2 Years since Closed Beta for me... rly disapointed

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Players
2,059 posts
9,759 battles

PageUP and PageDown are not working now for zoom. Changing the keys does not resolve the problem. So how can I zoom in/out without mouse wheel ? The very similar problem was in test version. Please fix it. At least say is it not working globally or only for me ? (some are reporting that problem too)

Same, PageUp and PageDown won't work in port, battle or even in carrier play to zoom in on the large map.

[MUTTS]
Players
1 post
9,669 battles

One of the problems I have is that my middle mouse button now fires my guns and follows the shells with the camera. Middle button is my push-to-talk. Really annoying!

Players
1,459 posts
15,115 battles

I have binocular view on middle mouse button. It doesn't work all the time, that's really annoying. It worked without flaws before this patch.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
926 posts
11,621 battles

Its nice to let us map more keys but its redundant if the consumables are still in different slots throughout different ships ..

[T-N-T]
Players
2,059 posts
9,759 battles

Its nice to let us map more keys but its redundant if the consumables are still in different slots throughout different ships ..

Yeah, looked at that and thought: Useful change indeed.

And we got all the bugs for free. Rejoice.

[-FC-]
Players
245 posts
9,416 battles

Yes - this REALLY gets on my tits.  How difficult would it be to make the same key do the same thing on different ships?

Edited by Glig69
  • Cool 2

[TRRC]
Players
504 posts

It was the problem of the first 6.3 version in the Public Test, but then was fixed 2 days later with an update.... somebody took the first release by mistake to make it official I guess.

HUGE PROBLEM

Control keys "right Shift" or "right Ctrl" don't work but it was fixed in the PT 0.6.3 last update. So why in the current still?

Also it does NOT distinguish between right and left controls, so if you set up "right Shift" in reality both Shift are taken eliminating the usual Shift zoom function.

I just lost a battle easily, trying to fix on the go but it didn't work...

Tried to set up left rudder "right ctrl" but it took all ctrl and couldn't Ctrl clik on planes or targets to prioritize them.

Please fix it quickly! Thank you!

OK, you didn't make it this time with 6.3.1 updt: fixing the Right Shift or Right Ctrl or whatever key wasn't working anymore.

So, when you'll post a small update that will fix this VERY IMPORTANT thing?

You know, small thing, very often make the difference...!! Thank you!

• Cool 1

[BEWBS]
Players
10 posts
13,091 battles

I have the same problem. I have mapped right clic for artillery view and there is latency since patch 0.6.3 :/ 

I was wondering if my keyboard was going bad, since it seems I have to press the default key (left shift) multiple times to toggle artillery view after this latest upgrade. Glad yo see it's not only me.. 
  • Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,289 posts
11,774 battles

Though I'm not celbrating just yet... It seems like Wow's is FINALLY saving my personal key settings again! This has been bugging me since .2-ish update: every session having to reset my own settings again. Y'day (after 2 week break) I started my client again. Made the mistake of clicking the "funny sub" so I had to restart a couple of times. I was shocked the keys were saved though!

Players
1,071 posts
8,307 battles

Request

Please add the option to assign a hotkey for 'lock bearing'. Right now it is set to CTRL+X and can not be changed. I'd like to assign it to another key but there is no option to do so.

[T-N-T]
Players
2,059 posts
9,759 battles

So, any news as to PageUp, PageDown? Would be nice if they worked.

[WGB]
Players
2,061 posts
26,011 battles

Camera settings zoom in, zoom out no longer works for me since 6.3 update and 6.4 PTS.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

shot-17.04.10_07.55.34-0467.jpg

[PORT]
Players
156 posts
7,967 battles

I hate the new behavour when switching from torpedoes back to guns. If I was firing HE then press 3 to launch torps, if I then press 2 I want to go back to guns with AP not f'ing HE! This has messed me up uncountable times since this update, Please give us the option to switch back to the old behavour.

Sign in to follow this