Sign in to follow this  
Sael_

Update 0.6.3 Feedback - Balance changes

63 comments in this topic

[AIM]
WG Staff
202 posts

Captains,

Please share all feedback regarding the balance changes in Update 0.6.3 below in this topic.

Thank you :)

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,382 posts
13,789 battles

Removing manual attacks from T4&5 CVs is an incredibly lazy and stupid decision. A new generation of CV players who have never even heard of the alt key will now emerge, which will get absolutely demolished by the old crowd. And that's if they even make it through the boredom of playing T4&5. Those that actually find out how to manual drop will now have to practice it in an environment completely unforgiving for the average CV player. With T6-8 matches commonplace, coupled with low plane reserves and seal clubbers who have previously played T4&5 CVs now migrating to T6 that's going to be an excruciating experience to say the least.

In a weird twist of fate, you have also strengthened seal clubbing in AS Bogue as well as any CV past T5, as it's one viable counter (namely strafe) has now been removed. This will encourage more experienced CV players to play AS Bogue solely for farming Clear Sky flags, which is almost impossible to come by in higher tiers, and give new CV players the illusion that AS USN CVs are both strong and viable as they progress beyond T5, which will lead to quite rude awakenings once they encounter a skilled CV captain.

The removal of stealth fire is, from my point of view, understandable. The way it was handled, however, is not. You have managed to make high tier IJN DDs even more obsolete than they already were, with high tier USN DDs now taking over their role as primary torpedo boats with far better self defense guns and AA than IJN DDs could ever hope to possess. And that experienced DD captains are now asking for a way to actually reduce their firing range beyond equipping stock range modules is a sad, sad statement in itself.

• Cool 13

[TCG]
Players
362 posts

I do not want to write them all, just watch WoW youtubers and you ll see, how u screwed the game balance up. All DDs are crap right now. Except russians. Oh, wait they act kind of like cruisers.

Why do not u buff BBs even more?

AND POOR T4, T5 CVs :facepalm: This is lazy as ...., just like removing stealth fire completely. Clearly 40% BB usage is way too low for WG.

Edited by P4RDUS
  • Cool 1

[TCG]
Players
362 posts

Oh and i forgot to mention, games are even more static right now. DDs are now hiding behind BBs. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I am still trying to be polite but i only see realy, realy, realy stupid changes implemented in the worst and laziest way. Sorry.

Edited by P4RDUS

[-DNA-]
Players
92 posts

BS...you f@cked up everything....i play less and sailing around the internet to find another game.... shame..

• Cool 2

[BUSHI]
Players
3,022 posts
16,181 battles

Poor Mikasa got range buffed and now you can fight without going only to suicide rush. It's much easier to do at least some more damage and it feels like almost a normal BB now. Thank You :-)

Edited by Odo_Toothless

Players
147 posts
6,547 battles

Would like secondaries bellow to t7 (that use manual controls for secondary armament) to get a buff, this skill is not worth it if you want a secondary build on ships, most likely the Warspite or the Bayern, I believe this because most of the time t6 bbs will be up tiered ( in 300 battles I have faced t4 players on around 50 occasions) meaning that these bbs that are brawl orientated cant compete with higher tiers bbs. In addition, one of the main reasons that the Warspite is bought is because of its secondaries, however with their bad disperation they can only really be used against other bbs and cruisers, with dds. being out off the question. All I and other Warspite/ Bayern captains ask is for a small buff of maybe 5%-15% better dispertion when using manual contriols for secondary armament.

A replay would be very positive and excuse me for my poor spelling and grammar, English is my second language.

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

DDs being spotted for 20s after shooting is gonna be great in the next ranked season. Surely DDs will feel very comfortable in moving into caps, being detected by the enemy DD and being shot by everyone for 20s.

• Cool 1

[LEWD]
Players
2 posts
4,499 battles

DDs being spotted for 20s after shooting is gonna be great in the next ranked season. Surely DDs will feel very comfortable in moving into caps, being detected by the enemy DD and being shot by everyone for 20s.

This. After playing a few games in my Fletcher it just seemed like I couldn't get away with firing at another DD. Even if it was killed you are still detected for 20s by the cruisers 10 km away. Only thing that happened that way is DDs shot to bits without doing the least bit of damage. In the team score there was a clear disparity between cruisers/BBs and DDs. Even if the DDs managed to hit one or more torps they still couldn't cap because they would meet other DDs and were almost forced to fire their guns, smoke or no smoke.

In my opinion, the tweaking of stealth fire could have been done a lot more subtle. This is just a lazy way which screws almost everyone except BB-players

• Cool 2

Players
1,426 posts
14,761 battles

This. After playing a few games in my Fletcher it just seemed like I couldn't get away with firing at another DD. Even if it was killed you are still detected for 20s by the cruisers 10 km away. Only thing that happened that way is DDs shot to bits without doing the least bit of damage. In the team score there was a clear disparity between cruisers/BBs and DDs. Even if the DDs managed to hit one or more torps they still couldn't cap because they would meet other DDs and were almost forced to fire their guns, smoke or no smoke.

In my opinion, the tweaking of stealth fire could have been done a lot more subtle. This is just a lazy way which screws almost everyone except BB-players

Sounds like working as intended. Haven't we had enough battles with 5 BBs, 5 DDs and 2 cruisers? From this patch, DDs actually have to fear cruisers. It's a breath of fresh air and it might balance the MM a little. The only gripe I have is that the IJN DDs are weakened while the RU DDs get a semi-buff. US DDs are OP anyway and they will be fine.

Give the IJNs stealthier torps like they used to have (but max. 12km) and we are golden.

Players
104 posts

I use carriers only in co-op because i just started with them and i need to practice a lot before getting in other matches. I was having fun learning to manual drop and strafe. Now it's very boring and almost pathetic. You took away the skill based functions that should make you better and now i have to grind 2 tiers before starting to do it? Seems illogical.

5fc4acc01261853925705fa3976ba6a5_-spock-

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,070 battles

Sounds like working as intended. Haven't we had enough battles with 5 BBs, 5 DDs and 2 cruisers? From this patch, DDs actually have to fear cruisers. It's a breath of fresh air and it might balance the MM a little. The only gripe I have is that the IJN DDs are weakened while the RU DDs get a semi-buff. US DDs are OP anyway and they will be fine.

Give the IJNs stealthier torps like they used to have (but max. 12km) and we are golden.

Would be fine if DD numbers lower. But I have no Idea how this benefits the CAs when BBs lost a threat.

To hunt DDs the CAs have to get close and this means get in fire range of BBs. Yeah more juicy targets.

Besides that, I had the first childish reactions to the DD nerf.

A Akazuki (already pink) wrote in gamechat right when countdown hasnt reached 0 that he hates the update and will boycott it by going insta afk.

We won besides him doing nothing. Hope that doenst spread out too much. To be fair I *accidently* touched him with my ship while moving around so he hopefully got an extra pink game at least. Not nice I know. But was worth it.

Players
10 posts
9,194 battles

Nothing against the DD nerf I can adapt.

BUT

I had ships with AFT and BFT at captains abilities, which now I find of no use. Are you going to give doubloons to fix captains or NOT? We are talking about more than 3000 needed to re-distribute the abilities "torpedo-wise" again.

Beta Tester
4,175 posts
9,473 battles

Change it to 8 BBs, 2DDs and 2CAs yes.
  • Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
8 posts
7,599 battles

I play a little less than a year, I have seen many changes in the game at this time some good some not so good but acceptable.
What to take away the manual management of the squadrons of aircraft carriers is a big mistake, automatically before eventually dropping torpedoes, anti-aircraft destroys me the whole squadron. It is impossible to play well.

If you continue to make choices like this, the game will lose interest among many fans of the genre because it will be too arcade.
I think something similar is already happening for WoT ....

This is my opinion.

bye

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
244 posts

Is this the place where we're supposed to talk about the MM?

Does anyone else have a feeling that 80-90% of the random games are pre-decided by the MM?

Last few days it's impossible to influence the game outcome. It has become frustrating and i want to delete the game after almost every game (win or loss). One team gets demolished, while other team earns nothing.

Here's an example of a game which lasted for no more than 5-6 minutes:

2uh0ikm.jpgri8dp2.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
62 posts
8,837 battles

Maybe the game should be renamed world of battleships as that seems to be what you're trying to achieve, in the beginning every class seemed to have a counter but as time has gone by, by constantly nerfing one class after another then buffing others you've destroyed the paper, rock, scissors approach and now seem to be floundering around pressing buttons and turning knobs to little affect other than winding up your player base. I can understand the killing of stealth firing but it wasn't much of a problem as hardly any ships could use this mechanic, now all you've done is move the smoke meta from Ranked battles and competitive play to random battles. The game will be much slower and less engaging. Is that what you're trying to do? If so well done, if not stop treating symptoms and deal with the underlying gameplay issues.....

Edited by philsta
  • Cool 1

[WHO]
Players
14 posts
11,559 battles

Feedback! That's a laugh. You either don't listen or simply don't care. I believe the latter. I'm currently thinking you mis-sold the Destroyer Blyskawica to me. I would like to request a full refund. This is not the product I purchased. It is no longer fit for purpose. A quick reply would be appreciated.

Edited by DoMiNoEZ
  • Cool 2

[_PKN_]
Beta Tester
1 post
8,789 battles

DDs are now using only torps or sit in the smoke.

Cruisers are practically either sitting in the smoke or rockhugging like WoT.

BBs are staying away even more.

The game became more static, more boring and more based on camping. It reminds really battles less and less and goes directly into direction of WoT, which discouraged a lot of players from playing already. If that's your goal - well played

• Cool 7

[10GO]
Beta Tester
132 posts
13,822 battles

The good:

• Stealth-fire is gone

The Meh:

• US DDs are pushed much more into a support role than they should be
  • All DDs apart from RU are even more reluctant to use their guns than before

The Bad:

• While removeing stealth-fire was nessecary the execution seems to be a bit rushed and not entirely thought through
  • imo +5% dispersion should have been added to steering gears mod 3 to promote diversity instead of limiting the "optimal" module choices even further

Players
1 post
120 battles

Removing manual attacks from T4&5 CVs is an incredibly lazy and stupid decision. A new generation of CV players who have never even heard of the alt key will now emerge, which will get absolutely demolished by the old crowd. And that's if they even make it through the boredom of playing T4&5. Those that actually find out how to manual drop will now have to practice it in an environment completely unforgiving for the average CV player. With T6-8 matches commonplace, coupled with low plane reserves and seal clubbers who have previously played T4&5 CVs now migrating to T6 that's going to be an excruciating experience to say the least.

In a weird twist of fate, you have also strengthened seal clubbing in AS Bogue as well as any CV past T5, as it's one viable counter (namely strafe) has now been removed. This will encourage more experienced CV players to play AS Bogue solely for farming Clear Sky flags, which is almost impossible to come by in higher tiers, and give new CV players the illusion that AS USN CVs are both strong and viable as they progress beyond T5, which will lead to quite rude awakenings once they encounter a skilled CV captain.

The removal of stealth fire is, from my point of view, understandable. The way it was handled, however, is not. You have managed to make high tier IJN DDs even more obsolete than they already were, with high tier USN DDs now taking over their role as primary torpedo boats with far better self defense guns and AA than IJN DDs could ever hope to possess. And that experienced DD captains are now asking for a way to actually reduce their firing range beyond equipping stock range modules is a sad, sad statement in itself.

i would like to add that when playing T5 u have the chance of getting matched against T6/7 carriers aswell. making it so i might aswell go afk from the start. the fact that their fighter planes are 1: stronger than me. but 2: can also manual completely wipe my squad while i cant do crapmakes playing against another T6 just [edited]stupid... this change was the most retarded change you could have ever done..

[P-I-R]
Players
7 posts
3,188 battles

BB fest is now complete disaster, two groups of BBs shotting themself on 22km and result is the battle ends and only 4 dead ships on each side. The most boring game ever.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this