Sign in to follow this  
Daltarain_Destroyer

Stealth Fire Survey - less than 2 minutes long

18 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,096 battles

Do you think your survey will change anything? That WG will listen?

Do you hope you get a good result that represents playerbase?

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
4,512 battles

Its at least worth a try since its just not fun playing anything that relied upon stealth approaches.

So guess what, im just gonna play my Shima spamming walls of skill at every [edited]battleship i see, since playing the Gearing with such broken stealth mechanics just isnt fun anymore.

Same craphappened to the awesome british cruiser line starting at tier VIII... just get your Edinburgh into a tier IX or X match and try to be at least a little usefull, wanna use Smoke? hah good luck with that, almost every cruiser comes with a radar so you had to use the stealth firing mechanics to be at least a decent teammate in such matchups.

Players
8 posts
3,753 battles

Do you think your survey will change anything? That WG will listen?

Do you hope you get a good result that represents playerbase?

The point is to maybe show that surveys about meta changing updates can be thrown out to the community do gauge the reaction. This took me literally 5 minutes to make, WG could so easily post a poll on the website and link it to the launcher. Although its a free game there are people who have probably put more money in to this game than any other game and i think they have the right to have some say in how the game develops.

[-BSH-]
Players
49 posts
4,403 battles

Please nerf Kamikaze R, to be able to launch 68 knot torpedoes from 5km range while in stealth just shouldn't be in the game... Oh and if your a DD captain, good luck trying to get away from it now, especially with the detection changes...

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Please nerf Kamikaze R, to be able to launch 68 knot torpedoes from 5km range while in stealth just shouldn't be in the game... Oh and if your a DD captain, good luck trying to get away from it now, especially with the detection changes...

Lol....

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,772 posts
10,685 battles

Even a survey here on forum would be more representative - who, outside of some people really interested in the issue - would even click the link and go take this survey?...

[-BSH-]
Players
49 posts
4,403 battles

Lol....

As an alpha tester you should understand that many online games (even with pay to play elements) are moving towards generating counter play (I use League of Legends as a good example); however Wargaming seems to be an exception.

Here are the reasons why counter play against the Kami/Fujin is non existent; and why, in the current patch, they are extremely unbalanced.

'Use a destroyer' - any destroyer can be detected before you detect the Kami/Fujin; with the new mechanics and range buffs you are often lit up before you can close the gap.

'Use aircraft' - try finding a ship with a detection radius the size of a pin, especially when a DD's job is to avoid detection.

'Use hydrophones' - doesn't reach out far enough.

'Use radar' - doesn't really exist at this tier. 

'Use guns' - assuming you can keep the ship in range, fire your guns? On the current patch, if you light up your guns as a destroyer, then (assuming the DD has a team nearby) you will be instantaneously targeted by half dozen other ships, all who out range you; also good luck keeping such a stealthy target in sight (pop-smoke, engine boost).

So you are saying this ship is balanced? No ship should be able to launch 68 knot torpedoes (2nd highest in the game if I am not mistaken), from such close range with complete impunity, and get out for free.

'Oh but the ship is paid for' - does that mean the Scharnhorst that someone has purchased for significantly more should suffer to a tier V, significantly cheaper destroyer?

Edited by theonlymaverick

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

How many topics you spammed your 'Kamikaze R nerf nao' message in? That's why I lol'd. 

There is a reason it's no longer being sold you know. The same reason WG nerved the tech tree Minekaze. And WG does not directly nerf premiums. Ever. So yeah, post in more topics about how it should be nerved, it will just get you a forum sanction because of a> spamming the same message in multiple topics b> trying to derail  topics. This topic is NOT about Kamikaze R :)

• Cool 1

[-BSH-]
Players
49 posts
4,403 battles

How many topics you spammed your 'Kamikaze R nerf nao' message in? That's why I lol'd. 

There is a reason it's no longer being sold you know. The same reason WG nerved the tech tree Minekaze. And WG does not directly nerf premiums. Ever. So yeah, post in more topics about how it should be nerved, it will just get you a forum sanction because of a> spamming the same message in multiple topics b> trying to derail  topics. This topic is NOT about Kamikaze R :)

A) This topic is about stealth firing, look at my point above and at least try and understand how this relates :)

B) Also two similar topics, one about stealth firing (see above), and one about the gearing suffering from the stealth firing changes (again valid to my point); you have an extremely funny idea about spam...

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

This topic is not about torpedoes but about guns :rolleyes: 

As to the rest... read my last reply again and remember it the next topic you think you should post in how imba Kamikaze R is :)

• Cool 1

[-BSH-]
Players
49 posts
4,403 battles

FYI I did read your last reply :), and this isn't about derailing topics as my point is still valid that the stealth firing changes (guns) have made the three premium ships that I have described even more oppressive. I am sorry if you missed my point or it was not clear.

By making the stealth firing changes, any destroyer that relies on its guns for at least some of its damage has had a de facto reduction in power; therefore they are significantly weaker on the current patch. The Kami/R variant/Fujin, are not affected in the slightest by the stealth firing changes, yet they still have the same inherent power that was bestowed on them at release. Hence at tiers 5/6/7, these 'premium' destroyers are far more powerful then they were before; and therefore their ability to do the aforementioned items causes significant issues with balance in the game. Unfortunately this new found dominance has been caused by the stealth fire changes introduced by WG, and as such it would be prudent to consider small tweaks for the good of the game, and the health of the destroyer line at these tiers.

However like you said WG does not 're balance' premium ships, in this case it is causing significant issues for certain tiers within the game. Other games produce premium content with no issues, and often recognise if something is too oppressive that balance changes will need to come into effect. WG may need to rethink that decision for the good of the game, and certainly if they harbour any ambition to garner the same sort of player base.

Edited by theonlymaverick

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

But everyone knows Kamikaze R is not balanced. Just like Gremmy. Just like Imperator. Just like Belfast Just like Black. Just like Flint. Just like Missouri. And I could go on, though the differences between tech tree variants and those other ships are getting smaller and smaller. So there is no point in pointing it out. 

WG never directly nerfs premiums, certainly not ships which are already not being sold anymore. 

We all get your point,

Players
751 posts
3,009 battles

I'm possibly going to get flak for this but I'm happy that stealth firing isn't a thing anymore. It was a strange mechanic at best.

On that note is it possible to get spotting damage in game yet? I've not really been keeping up with the updates ect.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
55 posts
4,059 battles

Damn a 24h survey, please do tell me more of your conclusive findings about how "everyone" feels about stealth fire. I say thank you WG for geting rid of it.

Edited by Menoetius
  • Cool 1

[-FC-]
Players
222 posts
9,311 battles

FYI I did read your last reply :), and this isn't about derailing topics as my point is still valid that the stealth firing changes (guns) have made the three premium ships that I have described even more oppressive. I am sorry if you missed my point or it was not clear.

By making the stealth firing changes, any destroyer that relies on its guns for at least some of its damage has had a de facto reduction in power; therefore they are significantly weaker on the current patch. The Kami/R variant/Fujin, are not affected in the slightest by the stealth firing changes, yet they still have the same inherent power that was bestowed on them at release. Hence at tiers 5/6/7, these 'premium' destroyers are far more powerful then they were before; and therefore their ability to do the aforementioned items causes significant issues with balance in the game. Unfortunately this new found dominance has been caused by the stealth fire changes introduced by WG, and as such it would be prudent to consider small tweaks for the good of the game, and the health of the destroyer line at these tiers.

However like you said WG does not 're balance' premium ships, in this case it is causing significant issues for certain tiers within the game. Other games produce premium content with no issues, and often recognise if something is too oppressive that balance changes will need to come into effect. WG may need to rethink that decision for the good of the game, and certainly if they harbour any ambition to garner the same sort of player base.

Stop trying to suck  the remaining fun out of the game.  Kami R is a great ship, but not invulnerable esp with a CV or worse two spotting you.  Even without planes, it;s a great training tool for higher tiers - BB players have got to learn sometime to develop their spidey sense and not rely all the time on crutches like hydro, radar etc.

Sign in to follow this