You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

Commander skills error......?

16 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

I had 2 undistributed commander skill points on my Fiji this morning, Commander skills used stood at 15 so making 17 in total available to me. Completed new said mission and received 30,000 Elite Commander xp . Great Nice one WG.  Redistributed Commander skill points with discounted elite commander xp...aaaand now have 15 points NOT 17. As the 2 Commander skill points were un allocated before redistributing them I seem to have lost them..

I would like them back since I bloody earned them....

Any ideas WG? Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I just the first unlucky sod to discover yet another error in your glorious update 0.2.3.5.0.flipn 4:izmena:

Thnx

Edited by SeaWolf7

[TOAST]
Players
1,990 posts
25,644 battles

Thanks for the info, so we should distribute all undistributed commander skills before we reset them? 

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

Thanks for the info, so we should distribute all undistributed commander skills before we reset them?

Yes mate looks like it.. otherwise be prepared to be ripped off disappointed as your hard work will go down said drain...

Hopefully WG will come back with an answer...?

Edited by SeaWolf7

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

As the 2 Commander skill points were un allocated before redistributing them I seem to have lost them..

Wow. That is a big error/bug!

Good that you've posted it!

Weekend Tester
477 posts
4,742 battles

Just resetted 17 point commander with 15 used points and didn't have any problems.

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

Tested it on a 6 point captain I had lying around, allocated one point to skills and then redistributed with 5 unallocated points left. Got all six points back.

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

Just resetted 17 point commander with 15 used points and didn't have any problems.

What method did you use to do this m8? Elite commander bonus or daubloons?

Edited by SeaWolf7

Players
68 posts
5,652 battles

The skillpoints are displayed as "undistributed points"/"total points", not "undsitributed points"/"distributed points", so you never had a 17-pointer to begin with. I must admit that the way it is displayed can be quite misleading and I get it mixed up once in a while as well.

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

Tested it on a 6 point captain I had lying around, allocated one point to skills and then redistributed with 5 unallocated points left. Got all six points back.

Same Question...just wondering if its tied to method used or im  the only one so far? doubloons or elite comms bonus?

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

The skillpoints are displayed as "undistributed points"/"total points", not "undsitributed points"/"distributed points", so you never had a 17-pointer to begin with. I must admit that the way it is displayed can be quite misleading and I get it mixed up once in a while as well.

ehhhh no surely not...

I HAD 2/15 which means I have earned 2 more commander skills but have not allocated them yet so once allocated I have a 17 point captain. I still earned those 2 commander skill points I just havnt chosen wich skills to allocate them too yet. besides if you add up skills already allocated by icon/tier it =15 points....

Edited by SeaWolf7

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,888 battles

ehhhh  no...

I HAD 2/15 which means I have earned 2 more commander skills but have not allocated them yet so once allocated I have a 17 point captain. I still earned those 2 commander skill points I just havnt chosen wich skills to allocate them too yet.

Zombie_Wizard has it right. IF you had 2/15 you had 15 pts not 17. The game displays Unallocated Points/Total Points.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,569 battles

ehhhh no surely not...

I HAD 2/15 which means I have earned 2 more commander skills but have not allocated them yet so once allocated I have a 17 point captain. I still earned those 2 commander skill points I just havnt chosen wich skills to allocate them too yet. besides if you add up skills already allocated by icon/tier it =15 points....

2/15 means you have 15 points, of which you havent spent 2 yet.

Which skills did you have before the rework?

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

Please except my apologies for the Panic and my confusion I realy didn't think that was the way it was displayed all this time but it appears I was wrong...:hiding:

That's Very Misleading IMO.

I had

PT and IFA

Sse +AR

SI

CE

Edited by SeaWolf7

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,076 battles

ehhhh no surely not...

The gentlemen above are correct about you misinterpreting the display of captain skill points. Your 2/15 equates to you having allocated 13 points out of the 15 leaving the 2 points you see unallocated. 

Glad you understood /|\ :honoring:

Edited by Euan_Huzarmy

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

still think its weird....why display 15 total when actually you don't have 15 total yet till you allocate said 2 points.  Just diplay it as unallocated/Total...:amazed: