Sign in to follow this  
RedAnark

A submarine!

14 comments in this topic

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

When I saw this fancy Commander I couldn't understand, than I notice in transparency a new ship: a submarine!

Before starting with polemic discussion yes or no, let's try it. It will be fun or disastrous. Either way...

But you can't, Battle is dimmed out. :playing:

P.S.

After the submarine I've a nice idea for Jap CV penalized by US aircraft superiority... Saipan docet.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 11.29.55.png

UPDATE: Snowman fighters!

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 12.04.40.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 11.29.55.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 12.04.40.png

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

Thanks W.G for the Type SH! I would have loved to test it! Looks good anyway but now that you got a niiiiiiiice 3D model, why not let us play it?

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

Indeed maybe an expansion to WoW can be a Submarine set :)

Thats would be really cool, now, extention of the extention, complete W.G pack with super-maps and WoW/WoT/WoA playable at will, even playing A-C from CV, one day....

Anyway this russian sub look the buz. More infos about the history of soviet Subs during WWII here... https://youtu.be/vbJESopFzug?list=ELlzBS5WrPu4s

Edited by ThinderChief

Players
10 posts

I played Steal Oceans just for the Submarines....it was amazing. They would have to change Cruiser,Battleships and Destroyers. Depth charges and all! It would create great excitement in the community. They would be insane NOT to do it.

• Cool 1

Players
419 posts
7,354 battles

This ship needs a buff!

It has 2 km detection range by sea (and 7 by air) but combined with a speed of only 11.9 knots and a torp range of 4 km.. Please reduce detection range to 100 meters. (I am serious, not trolling).
To prevent CV's from farming submarines it needs a dive counter, think of an invisible smoke cloud that only conceals submarines...This would allow submarines to evade airplanes for a short time.

And I bet this ship has crappy torpedo arcs.

[AEP]
Alpha Tester
12 posts
2,436 battles

But you know, I think WG are still thinking about submarines. Look at the model: It's detailed, nicely done, looks good. Such models, as I understand, are expensive. Look at ship data (number values) -they're  looking... quite logical, and realy might work... So much work for just event where ship is not even used? I thing they still not dumped whole submarines idea yet. Or just I only hope ;)

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

You hope... the rest of are hoping WG doesn't mess up their game even more by adding subs :popcorn:

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

But you know, I think WG are still thinking about submarines. Look at the model: It's detailed, nicely done, looks good. Such models, as I understand, are expensive. Look at ship data (number values) -they're  looking... quite logical, and realy might work... So much work for just event where ship is not even used? I thing they still not dumped whole submarines idea yet. Or just I only hope ;)

They might well introduce a new type of battles which would be very cool, but i don't think they will bring them for the actual game modes, bar perhaps CoOp which would be even cooler, if they sale subs as Prem for a special sub game mode i will buy them just for the fun of playing them, sub games can be great but they neeed to be much longer than surface games which can be a problem (server time use).

Wait and see.1

Edited by ThinderChief

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

They have already said the only place they might include subs was in some kind of pve campaign / mission setting. 

Sign in to follow this