You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ajb13

Which of your ships didn't survive 0.6.3?

74 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,945 battles

Akizuki

Shiratsuyu

Hosho

Bogue

I only really had the CV's to do any missions that needed them, so that's it, I'm done with CV's.

And that's the last of my non premium IJN DD's, the nerf bat has finally beaten the will to play them out of me. Mahan survived for now, but only until I have finished researching Benson, and I doubt I'll buy that ship.

Edited by ajb13

[CR33D]
Players
252 posts
6,873 battles

Benson is actually a lovely ship so if you like DDs get it. But what about trying to adapt firstly when it comes to IJN DDs and se if you can come around the changes or not. Don´t give up to easily.

Players
320 posts
8,544 battles

And another thread for those who mistook spamming he on BBs for skill. GG, l2p. Perhaps now we get more competent DDs who actually do their job. :^)

• Cool 4

[BUSHI]
Players
352 posts
3,872 battles

Said the guy with 2600 BB battles and 243 DD battles......:D

No surprise there... :child:
  • Cool 4

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,096 battles

And another thread for those who mistook spamming he on BBs for skill. GG, l2p. Perhaps now we get more competent DDs who actually do their job. :^)

So I guess there are less excuses for BB Players to stay far behind now?

Oh wait, they will find ne ones.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

But somehow sitting 15-20km back, using the guns with the best energy retention meaning that aiming at long range is easier than some CAs aiming at even just 12km is the skillful part of the game?

"There are too many cap zones, and too many DDs on capzones, I might get torpedoed. Nerf torps pl0x, obvious OP weapon"

Edited by Exocet6951
  • Cool 3

[EW_YK]
Players
439 posts
10,686 battles

Minotaur

Neptune

Zao

Gearing

Chapayev

Kutusov

Akizuki

Shiratsuyu

Hosho

Bogue

I only really had the CV's to do any missions that needed them, so that's it, I'm done with CV's.

And that's the last of my non premium IJN DD's, the nerf bat has finally beaten the will to play them out of me. Mahan survived for now, but only until I have finished researching Benson, and I doubt I'll buy that ship.

Huh are you guys kidding or? On Shira has absolutely 0 impact (maybe 5% of game time). On the Kutusov you'll loose the whopping 1 km and that was at 19 km range which means you are potatoing at T8. Chapayev well you loose a bit more than the Kutusov but same thing you're potatoing at T8. All the others have SMOKE so why are you throwing them away I really do not understand but the drama you suggest really is not there.
  • Cool 4

Beta Tester
456 posts

Zao? Say wut? Stealth firing with that thing is so derp...much more fun BBQing BBs while dodging their shells and feed on their salt when they miss. I'm just a priority target addict...

• Cool 2

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

but but, torpedoes OP! How do you expect me to get 20km away from their DD when they are carrying 10km torpedoes!!!
  • Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,679 posts
5,569 battles

Only 2 ships of mine I think will have any significant difficulties: Langley  because of the auto drop. No huge loss, I only used it for when friends were grinding a new line and I needed a tier 4 to fart around in.

Kagero because I like using the guns, and found rhat being able to invisi-fire at 9.2km was useful for topping up the damage. Under 0.6.3. It now cant stealth fire, and doesnt get a range increase which means your range is about the same as a Bismarck secondaries. Will mean I play it more as a pure torp boat using the 5.4km detection

Players
2,207 posts
7,425 battles

Only ship is missed is the old Gnevny on tier V with some hundreds metres of stealth firing :P. I never used it on my cruisers...

[KVK]
Players
366 posts
8,108 battles

Erie, Hashidate and Hermelin: If they introduce the french cruisers. As long I'm at work: Did they? Please!

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

You epitomize everything that is wrong with most BB players. Well done. Your name is now lower than shark poop.
  • Cool 6

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

hosho and langley... had them for cv missions, now...

Minotaur
Neptune
Zao
Gearing
Chapayev
Kutusov

considering 4/6 have smoke and stealth fire isnt affecting their gameplay much... also zao is great ship even without invisi fire.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

As far as I am aware, none of my ships. Never used low tier CV since I got higher tiers (why would I? I am not interested in seal clubbing) and my DD and cruisers are still usefull. Then again, the fact that I never stealth fired from open water might be the reason, as I do not need to adapt. I will just use islands and smoke as before. 

I think a lot of people are overreacting. But then again, that is my opinion, and I can see that it is not a well shared one.

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

That crucial 1km while BB is chasing. Spam HE while being chased. On minotaur, neptune and gearing SF sector is bigger. And that means lot when you have ran out of smokes. 

Compare my stats into yours and tell me what im doing wrong on those ships. Please enlighten me oh allknowing masters.

My stats compared to yours: http://wows-numbers.com/players/?u[0]=Kalamies&u[1]=Robihr&u[2]=Barkyro

And only my stats, notice only the ships i mentioned: http://wows-numbers.com/player/500567008,kalamies/

Record DMG on minotaur is 305k and 100k from that is done after all the smokes had been used, chased by BB.

Players
320 posts
8,544 battles

Said the guy with 2600 BB battles and 243 DD battles......:D

Exactly, so I do know how useless invisfiring and he spamming DDs are. :)

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

I haven't played yet, but I expect my Błiskawica to be noticeably less enjoyable and durable. I'm saving my stats' current state, so that I may compare them later with post nerf data and evaluate how much the nerfbat struck.

Players
320 posts
8,544 battles

You epitomize everything that is wrong with most BB players. Well done. Your name is now lower than shark poop.

There is nothing wrong with BB players. Other classes have just as many so-called potatos. You just notice them more in BBs, because those guys survive so much longer. Ever played a game with 3+ DDs either getting sunk within 2 minutes or hiding behind BBs, invisibly sniping at the enemy BBs? It happens. All. The. Time.

BTW, please stop this "you XYZ players", it's laughable. I may main BBs, but I do play all classes by now and my best rating is on a cruiser. Most people play a  mix. The arrogance towards BB mains on this forum is completely unfounded as other classes do not take more skill to perform well in. Just because Kevin doesn't get sunk after 2 minutes in his BB (compared to his DD/CA) does not mean that he is any more useful than while sailing a DD or cruiser. And the statistics do not lie: BBs do not overperform, they are simply popular, because they are the most badass kind of ship ever built by man.