You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tungstonid

April Fools Division Bug

22 comments in this topic

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Hello fellow captains,

my division mates encountered a bug with the April Fools event: One of them invited the other one into a division while they both had the submarine selected. The game crahed for both of them and after restarting the game and after that the whole PC nothing works anymore. They can't select missions, modules, research and they can't start a battle or form a new division.

So be careful when inviting your division mates.

[OP]
Beta Tester
248 posts
16,779 battles

Hello fellow captains,

my division mates encountered a bug with the April Fools event: One of them invited the other one into a division while they both had the submarine selected. The game crahed for both of them and after restarting the game and after that the whole PC nothing works anymore. They can't select missions, modules, research and they can't start a battle or form a new division.

So be careful when inviting your division mates.

Thats a good joke :)
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles

In work dont even know what he mission is...

Can someone post?

Players
8 posts
10,892 battles

Update (I am one of the affected captains): Checking the integrity of the game files in the launcher fixed the problem. HOWEVER:

We encountered a new problem after my mate sent the submarine captain to the reserve (not sure why he wanted to try that). This caused the game to crash again. Checking file integrity once again fixed the problem, luckily.

Our advice: DO NOT SELECT, LOOK AT, OR OTHERWISE INTERACT WITH THE SUBMARINE. IT IS A TOOL OF SATAN.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles

Update (I am one of the affected captains): Checking the integrity of the game files in the launcher fixed the problem. HOWEVER:

We encountered a new problem after my mate sent the submarine captain to the reserve (not sure why he wanted to try that). This caused the game to crash again. Checking file integrity once again fixed the problem, luckily.

Our advice: DO NOT SELECT, LOOK AT, OR OTHERWISE INTERACT WITH THE SUBMARINE. IT IS A TOOL OF SATAN.

So what you are saying is the April fools mission will kill the game for anyone that wants to play subs in WORLD  OF WARSHIPS....

Hands up ALL FORUMITES HAPPY WITH THIS....:honoring::honoring:

Seriously have you sent WG at ticket?

More Seriously Whats the Goddammed mission/rewards and is it repeatable.. and how long is it for

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,807 battles

More Seriously Whats the Goddammed mission/rewards and is it repeatable.. and how long is it for

There is no April Fools Event..... :facepalm:

Only Elite Commander Training Missions

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles

There is no April Fools Event..... :facepalm:

Only Elite Commander Training Missions

Well in that case the joke is on the OP... AS if you play and April fool joke outside  1st or April the joke is on you.... People should check. Infact traditionally (at least in UK) it must be played before midday 

That's my defence and i am sticking to it.......... :hiding:

Edited by T0byJug

Players
557 posts
4,734 battles

Well in that case the joke is on the OP... AS if you play and April fool joke outside  1st or April the joke is on you.... People should check

I always find this logic baffling.

If you fool someone outside of a certain time frame the joke backfires? However this logic is only applicable a few days around the 1st of April. Any other time year you can fool people however and whenever you like.

I'm pretty sure if you fool someone they are still the fool no matter what day it is

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles

I always find this logic baffling.

If you fool someone outside of a certain time frame the joke backfires? However this logic is only applicable a few days around the 1st of April. Any other time year you can fool people however and whenever you like.

I'm pretty sure if you fool someone they are still the fool no matter what day it is

But its not an April fools then.. Its just a prank.. Also we have had things like the bathtube event so why not a joke mission for April. We also know how good WG are at keeping the Portal promptly up to date. Im a little surprised they went to the effort to build a Sub,. selectable in port that douse Narda
Edited by T0byJug

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Well in that case the joke is on the OP... AS if you play and April fool joke outside  1st or April the joke is on you.... People should check. Infact traditionally (at least in UK) it must be played before midday 

That's my defence and i am sticking to it.......... :hiding:

T0by ...with respect you are off topic.

The OP is not describing an April Fool joke - but a bug! A bug that F's up the game so that you cannot do anything until you perform an integrity check.

I cannot believe that even Wargaming would be so spiteful as to set up something so nasty as an April Fool.

(Oh! I don't know though ...... :trollface:)

• Cool 1

Players
557 posts
4,734 battles

But its not an April fools then.. Its just a prank.. Also we have had things like the bathtube event so why not a joke mission for April. We also know how good WG are at keeping the Portal promptly up to date. Im a little surprised they went to the effort to build a Sub,. selectable in port that douse Narda

I haven't logged in and seen the sub yet. Here's the question people need to ask:

How detailed and professional is the sub model? If it is very high then WG have put some resources into it which means some sort of sub warfare is coming in the future. I believe they even stated this would appear in a PvE mode.

All they are doing is pranking people who suddenly see a sub in port and they try to take it into battle and it won't let them. That's the prank. It's a big "Oh look!" but "Ha ha... gotcha. It's useless!"

However...... because the resource now exists as a working model (must be working as it appears in the game engine port screen) then expect to see it in the future doing something. I fully expect that something to be offensive to the HP pool of your ship.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,571 battles

HI all,

Apparently this is no joke at all... :B

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?showtopic=23824

063 known issue: Submarine in a division locks accounts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

Spotter #1 Posted Today, 10:05 AM

Game Master Lead

• photo-2000003105-55a4dce7.png?_r=1436867
  • WG Staff
  •  

• 159 message_img.png

Hello everyone,

Please be aware that we have a known issue in 0.6.3 patch, if a player selects the Schuka-class submarine and tries to form a division, his account will get temporarily locked. We are currently working on fixing this issue.

In the meantime, here is a workaround for this problem:

• Player should close the client and wait for at least 5 minutes so the division is removed. After that he can relaunch the client.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your time.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Players
736 posts
4,185 battles

HI all,

Apparently this is no joke at all... :B

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?showtopic=23824

Leo "Apollo11"

Oh the Irony

"Submarines in WOW awesome now i can seal club at T10 *invites division mate for seal clubbing in submarines* "BAN!!!""

Wargaming: ermmm we didn't do that, RNGesus have you become real? Has the Kraken gained sentience?

[BEWBS]
Players
10 posts
12,788 battles

This might explain why there is still no april 1st event happening, even though we are well into the day here in Europe :D.. someone is frantically trying to fix things..(maybe the same person who set rewards to 214% instead of 314% on PI- day... )

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

This might explain why there is still no april 1st event happening, even though we are well into the day here in Europe :D.. someone is frantically trying to fix things..(maybe the same person who set rewards to 214% instead of 314% on PI- day... )

The patch notes said that the submarine will no be playable. So I won't wonder if there is no AF game mode this year at all.

The daily bonus on PI day was mathematically correct displayed and consistent with how WG shows the bonus in WoWS. The ones who complained about the "wrong bonus" just didn't take their time to do the math because appearently for some people it is easier to open a new forum thread than adding 100 to 214 and divide the result by 100...

[BEWBS]
Players
10 posts
12,788 battles

The patch notes said that the submarine will no be playable. So I won't wonder if there is no AF game mode this year at all.

The daily bonus on PI day was mathematically correct displayed and consistent with how WG shows the bonus in WoWS. The ones who complained about the "wrong bonus" just didn't take their time to do the math because appearently for some people it is easier to open a new forum thread than adding 100 to 214 and divide the result by 100...

No need to spend eite XP on upgrading the commander then.. A very nice model. but for naught.. 

So when the bonus for a ship I have in my port but _never_ played said 214% bonus on the port slot, I'm the one who can't do any math? When a ship I had a first win in for the day got 214% bonus (instead of 314%), I'm the one who can't do the math.. righto .. 

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

No need to spend eite XP on upgrading the commander then.. A very nice model. but for naught.. 

So when the bonus for a ship I have in my port but _never_ played said 214% bonus on the port slot, I'm the one who can't do any math? When a ship I had a first win in for the day got 214% bonus (instead of 314%), I'm the one who can't do the math.. righto .. 

214% bonus + 100% regular XP = 314% XP. WG never claimed to give a 314% bonus.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

If they had given +314% for the first win it would have been a x4,14 daily bonus. I think you can see for yourself that this doesn't really have to do something with pi. So they gave +214% to get a x3,14 daily bonus.

I don't say you can't do math (you at least recognize that 214% is unequal to 314%) but as I said: Sometimes it is good to take a minute to think about the problem instead of opening a new forum thread or bringing up old "problems" where never were any.

[BEWBS]
Players
10 posts
12,788 battles

Of course I didn't take any screenshots of the post battle results (silly me), but the daily win bonus was set to 214% in the post battle screen.. no 214+100 .. 214% and nothing else (and we are still talking first wins here). 214% + nothing never amounted to 314% for me..

The gimmick was that the total daily win bonus should be 314%, but all the ship icons said 214% (where they usually say 100% during the weekends and 50% for regular weekdays). You cannot add 0, zilch, nada to 214% and make it be 314% .. 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/pi-rates-of-the-sea/

Pi day celebrates the mathematical constant Pi (3.14159), and is held every 14th of March—3/14 in the month-day calendar format. This week, take to the sea like a pi-rate with 314% the normal amount of experience for your first win of the day—see what we did there! 

+214% Experience on your first win of the day (314% in total)

The joke one me was, that I _only_ got the 214% .. (.. which is still more than twice what we usually get, but I still felt cheated in a way..). Now, if only I had saved at least one post-battle result.. sheez.

Anyway. This thread is about something else entirely.. a somewhat tame april 1st event (I was _so_ looking forward to seeing what they would come up with this year, after having seen YT-videoes with previous events, and I didn't start playing myself until some time in april 2016 ... ).

Have a good weekend, and may ye hit all the citadels (.. except for mine, of course ;)) 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,351 battles

This is clearly an indication that SUBS have no place in this game.

And yes ... checking the integrity (and fixing it) in the client before you launch the game usually fixes the problem.