Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rising_uk

Should divs be banned/removed from Random?

61 comments in this topic

[TOAST]
Players
150 posts
12,075 battles

Never thought I'd say this but I'm missing the individual chaos of Random. It appears to me that just recently  a lot of clan divs have been turning up and many of them are very annoying as they play for themselves only which means(it seems to me) that teamplay is even worse than it was when it was just individuals without much of a clue :)

What say you?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,624 battles

That'll make it a totally anti social game.

3 in a Div is 100% fine.

Otherwise you could have a few friends who you can simply never play with.

What's the point in that for a multi player game?

• Cool 3

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

Played over 6k solo games and I have no problem at all with divisions. Unless it's an OMNI division and they are on the enemy team :D

• Cool 6

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,624 battles

They need to bring back fail Divs, I used to enjoy seeing completely outmatched ships and Katori vs Iowa might happen :trollface:

• Cool 3

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Yes, divisions are fine. However there's something I don't like about the use that divisions may get and that's with clans.

I've seen some topics about that here in the forums and I've seen a few youtube videos showing some clans queueing for battle at the same time through teamspeak. Well, that's still questionably acceptable. However in one of them I saw something that really annoyed me. Those clan members were at least fighting each other instead of just farming everyone else but they told the ones on the other team when there were torps heading towards them.

That's simply unacceptable and it shouldn't be allowed by any means. There should be a way with which MM could track clan names and never allow divisions of the same clan in the same match. Maybe a bit extreme and I'm not saying every single clan does things like that but it should be a way to prevent it. Just in case.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
363 posts

Divisions in Random is fine.

I'd even go so far, that it should be an option to "connect" two divisions, so you'll be able to enter a game with more than 2 friends...

Put the divisions on opposite teams, if you're afraid of steamrolling, but allow more than 3 friends to play random together.

[POMF]
Players
428 posts
15,205 battles

Division is the ONLY thing making me play this game.

Remove it and all we have left is people lemming or going solo yolo.

So its in my view retarded to even consider removing it.

The MM tries to balance divisions to both teams anyway just like everything else.

And yes people use TS to try to get more then one div in the same team, its a common practise among all clans and even groups with no clan affiliation.

But RNG Jesus say that its only a 50% chance of ending up in the same team when ever you get the same match anyway so its a none issue realy, its just the same old problem where people "feel" that luck that dont realy exist is a factor.

And I have NEVER seen anything but the utmost will to kill your own clan ending up on the enemy team, its simple competition where people want the credit killing off who ever is the best in there clan or friend circle just to get the bragging rights.

People also dont use the same Groups in TS when ever they end up in opposite teams from my experience.

If we are to remove divisions then we could remove CV's to, they also use the "chat" to agree on not killing one and another but rather "farm" undisturbed when ever there's a CV mission and this if anything adds to the CV hate.

Me and my frinds have seen this so if divs should go CV's should go and the in-game chat for the same reason that no one "can" exploit the game to there advantage, much easier to convince a CV player then a howl team to ignore you.

There is and will ALWAYS be social hacking to stack the odds in your favour, live whit it or go play Single Player games as I tell people that get butt hurt when ever there is cooperation.

Edited by G3Virus

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,047 posts
29,692 battles

Without divisions and teamplay the game is hard to play and divisions makes your over all performance increase and gain more credits and xp even if you didn't sink a single ship.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Never thought I'd say this but I'm missing the individual chaos of Random. It appears to me that just recently  a lot of clan divs have been turning up and many of them are very annoying as they play for themselves only which means(it seems to me) that teamplay is even worse than it was when it was just individuals without much of a clue :)

What say you?

Instead of making the game less fun for others how about you find some friends.

Also, it's common consensus that divisions win more games, so claiming divisions play more 'selfish' is rather stupid :ohmy:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
456 posts

For gods sake no. I mainly play solo currently, but why would Divs be a problem? Even the occasional OMNI statpadder division usually only is a problem if you got a tomato-bob team anyway. Only thing that really somewhat pisses me off are divisions like Black/Missouri/Taiho or something like that...

Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles

I don't think it should be removed but priority should be given to face other divisions or MM should be tailored according to "skills."

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles

Yes, divisions are fine. However there's something I don't like about the use that divisions may get and that's with clans.

I've seen some topics about that here in the forums and I've seen a few youtube videos showing some clans queueing for battle at the same time through teamspeak. Well, that's still questionably acceptable. However in one of them I saw something that really annoyed me. Those clan members were at least fighting each other instead of just farming everyone else but they told the ones on the other team when there were torps heading towards them.

That's simply unacceptable and it shouldn't be allowed by any means. There should be a way with which MM could track clan names and never allow divisions of the same clan in the same match. Maybe a bit extreme and I'm not saying every single clan does things like that but it should be a way to prevent it. Just in case.

would like to see these youtube videos.. Also if you have them Wargaming have said again and again Send them the link they will be punished.

As for Banning Divisions.. OP its a team game where we are supposed to work together and you want to discourage team play... :facepalm:

As for playing for themselfs No they are playing for the team. Its just often the rest of the team are to stupid..that do I mean.

Well game starts Div A 3 top tier ships say they are going A . Rest of team ignore A. This is stupid if 3 or 1/4 of your team that you know will be supporting each other on A declare they go A ....... Rest of team SUPPORT THEM ON A.

yes sometime the division is crap! well lets face it 3 45% winrate players dont suddenly become gaming gods when playing together they are still bad players. But rule of thumb!!! support the divitions unless you see them doing REALY REALY Dumb things

[CR33D]
Players
252 posts
6,863 battles

1. We division up to have fun and laugh together while having good teamplay and trying to make our team win the game.

2. However we all don´t have fantastic games all 3 of us, since one of us steal all the damage :sceptic:

3. if I play Shima i smoke my teammates and other players and contest caps etc etc, often that actually makes me have a shitty game damage wise then if I would play alone flank and get easily over 100K damage. So just being in a division is not insta Kraken nor Win.

4. Sometimes the team we get into is SO BAD that even when we carry hard mode it still is not enough.

5. (IF) we sometimes (very rarely) count down with more people then 3 and end up against each other there is no more sweet thing then trying to kill your clanmates. But this is avoided tbh. Sometimes we have approx 20 people playing divisions and there is a chance that you end up together in a game or against by chance.

The biggest issue here is the retarded MM that is happening recently and not division issues. You can end up in a team that completely rofl stomps the opposition or end up in a team that no matter how good you play end up loosing and this is becoming more a fact then not in recent weeks. Having even games between 2 teams is becoming more rare and rare these days.

But I do understand the frustration for a Lone wolf player that ends up against 1-3 clan divs in the other team and his team is weak as well. But this is a MM problem more then the clan players faults, we don´t decide the MM. Believe me when I say that we would also like teams to be very close in skill. It´s neither fun getting owned or win too easy, no one benefits from that, not even clan divisions.

[UNICS]
Weekend Tester
212 posts
11,804 battles

Divisioning with my friends is the only reason I still play this game

I totally agree with you ;)

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,250 battles

What defiantly should be banned is clans excessively timing their divisions and having 12 players in a game. Yesterday was a pain int he [edited]as there are clans that are notorious to team time their games later in the evening just to farm games. They generally dont shoot eachother only till the end of the game and avoid eachother until the rest of the team is dead if they end up in opposite teams. Highly annoying where you play, ambush, and suddenly the enemy knows exactly where you are ...

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

3 in a Div is 100% fine.

​They would be fine if there was skill-based mirror matchmaking. Right now a division with 3 good players can easily get a 70-90% win ratio, which is a little bit like cheating.

Not saying divisions should be banned or otherwise tempered with, just stating the fact that divisions are not 100% fair.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

What defiantly should be banned is clans excessively timing their divisions and having 12 players in a game. Yesterday was a pain int he [edited]as there are clans that are notorious to team time their games later in the evening just to farm games. They generally dont shoot eachother only till the end of the game and avoid eachother until the rest of the team is dead if they end up in opposite teams. Highly annoying where you play, ambush, and suddenly the enemy knows exactly where you are ...

No.

What IS a bannable offense is what you described above, not shooting each other when they should. A replay of that would get the players in question banned. Just as when you can proof that people use voice com to give away location to people on the enemy team.

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

I actually wish we could have 4 man divisions or more like in other games e.g. CS:GO where the individual carry potential is even higher than in WoBS.

Sign in to follow this