Sign in to follow this  
ulcusrodens

Z-23. is it just me or it can't get a citadel to save its life?

5 comments in this topic

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

i love the Z23, but somehow i can't get a critical hit, if not once in 10 games. i tried to aim to the belt, over the belt, everywhere. from 3,4 km. no way to get a citadel hit. (learn to play, learn to aim, use the brain hack, noob etc etc - the bottom line is that OF COURSE i can hit citadels perfectly fine with the Gaede, with russian destroyers, with german cruisers armed with the same exact guns, with british cruisers, damn, even with US destroyers.)

is anyone else experiencing this disappointing lack of penetration?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,039 posts
7,436 battles

German AP penetration in general is pretty unreliable! But the DD pen in particular is just bad! They get outperformed by the Russians so easy and can't really make their high AP alpha work. Only on complete broadside targets you sometimes get satisfying numbers. 

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

i love the Z23, but somehow i can't get a critical hit, if not once in 10 games. i tried to aim to the belt, over the belt, everywhere. from 3,4 km. no way to get a citadel hit. (learn to play, learn to aim, use the brain hack, noob etc etc - the bottom line is that OF COURSE i can hit citadels perfectly fine with the Gaede, with russian destroyers, with german cruisers armed with the same exact guns, with british cruisers, damn, even with US destroyers.)

is anyone else experiencing this disappointing lack of penetration?

What guns do you use? I did find the 12.8 cm guns lacking in penetration and only uses the 15cm ones which citadels more reliably.
  • Cool 1

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

What guns do you use? I did find the 12.8 cm guns lacking in penetration and only uses the 15cm ones which citadels more reliably.

15 cm, of course! but the z23 is a great ship anyway. i loved it and the grind went so fast i didn't notice it... :)

• Cool 1

[BUSHI]
Players
352 posts
3,872 battles

The only time a manged to citadel anything in a German DD... and it was ... :drum roll: an Emerald :teethhappy:

AP is weird to say the least. On a broadside you won't get any citadels, but the damage is meaty when you hit. 

Sign in to follow this