MrConway

Community Team Q&A - 30/03 17:00 CEST

7 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles

For your information: We will be holding a live Q&A session on Facebook with Tuccy and Ph3lan tomorrow evening at 17:00 CEST, please feel free to swing by! :)

For those of you who don't have a necessary Facebook account, please consider creating one. You can use your forum name and not share any private details if you so wish.

We are working on making these streams available on Twitch at the same time, expect to see that in the near future.

See you there! :izmena:

Players
109 posts
6 battles

I don't do facebook, and I don't have time tomorrow, but since it's community team, I've still got a question: That question being: What is your response to this, and how are you going to solve it?

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/56947-questions-of-the-community/page__st__40__pid__1722764#entry1722764

paired with:

Player A voices the concern, player B comes with some serious factual evidence. So it can't be denied.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,504 posts

I don't do facebook, and I don't have time tomorrow, but since it's community team, I've still got a question: That question being: What is your response to this, and how are you going to solve it?

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/56947-questions-of-the-community/page__st__40__pid__1722764#entry1722764

paired with:

Player A voices the concern, player B comes with some serious factual evidence. So it can't be denied.

Mr. Conway already promised to write up a reply to my post(s). And I told you in my PM reply that I would like it to not become MrFingers spokesperson on the forums. We may share a similar goal but he has his ways to do things and I have mine. His ways got him exiled to reddit. I don't have contact to him and I would like to keep it this way.

As far as Facebook is concerned:

Creating fake accounts is not the solution to the problems most users have with that company. Allowing their scripts, which are running nearly anywhere where a FB share button is implemented, are the ones most of us are reacting allergic to. As there is no way to get around those scripts to use the FB websites and services, it would remain unusable even with a fake, as those scripts will remain blocked. I welcome it that you are looking into ways to put those streams onto twitch in the future.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Facebook is EVIL... or wait, was that Google?

What I would ask though: are you really so smart to release Baguette cruisers right with the concealment system removal, in order to try and get less community attention to that 'minor' change :popcorn:

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles

As far as Facebook is concerned:

Creating fake accounts is not the solution to the problems most users have with that company. Allowing their scripts, which are running nearly anywhere where a FB share button is implemented, are the ones most of us are reacting allergic to. As there is no way to get around those scripts to use the FB websites and services, it would remain unusable even with a fake, as those scripts will remain blocked. I welcome it that you are looking into ways to put those streams onto twitch in the future.

I would also note that creating accounts with anything other than one's "legal" name is a breach of Facebook's ToS. I'm sure Wargaming wouldn't want to be encouraging that sort of activity? ;-)