Ysterpyp

Another buff to Saipan

20 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
1,276 posts
17,529 battles

From patch notes:

squadrons of all carriers withdrawing from the battle will lose one aircraft—this rule will not apply to Saipan whose squadrons will not lose aircraft as it has only 3 fighters in a squadron.

So you can retreat quick , come back and stafe without any penalty?

And will it lose planes  if the saipan captain has AS skill to?

Edited by Ysterpyp

[-KT-]
Players
311 posts
8,457 battles

Well imagine that you happen to not have AS skill yet. Then it´s understandable but tbh Premiums are always protected by nerfs/changes most of the time since you pay money for them, this is nothing new mate. :B

[UNICS]
Players
1,276 posts
17,529 battles

Well imagine that you happen to not have AS skill yet. Then it´s understandable but tbh Premiums are always protected by nerfs/changes most of the time since you pay money for them, this is nothing new mate. :B

Its going to be OP AF, i need to get myself one :coin:

Also it would not really be a nerf if it has AS Skill but loses a plane when retreating. Just "balanced"

Edited by Ysterpyp
  • Cool 1

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

But this is NOT a nerf / change. This is implementing a new FEATURE that can, but doesn't have to be used on all carriers with a drawback to it. Except on the premium ship because of the reasons (Saipan obviously isn't balanced enough as it is atm, so they had to balance it even more).
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts

Its going to be OP AF, i need to get myself one :coin:

Also it would not really be a nerf if it has AS Skill but loses a plane when retreating. Just "balanced"

if you buy saipan , it not mean u can play it good^^

[UNICS]
Players
1,276 posts
17,529 battles

if you buy saipan , it not mean u can play it good^^

Like all things it takes practice..

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,857 posts
17,277 battles

But this is NOT a nerf / change. This is implementing a new FEATURE that can, but doesn't have to be used on all carriers with a drawback to it. Except on the premium ship because of the reasons (Saipan obviously isn't balanced enough as it is atm, so they had to balance it even more).

Im pretty sure its to do with Siapans LOW Airgroup count. and not the fact she is a Prem Ship

Siapan has 48 planes Total

Ranger 72 or 73

Hiryu also has 72

do i agree? Not sure. but that will be the reason almost certainly.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

Im pretty sure its to do with Siapans LOW Airgroup count. and not the fact she is a Prem Ship

Ranger 72 or 73

Hiryu also has 72

You know how you preserve your LOW Airgroup count?

By NOT using Alt to disengage.

By using it, you are deliberatly killing one of your planes.

Unless you throw $$ at WG ofc.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Saipan is only missing a huge :trollface: decal on it's flight deck where IJN CVs usually have their big rising sun.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,593 posts
14,041 battles

Saipan, the CV that made me quit Hiryu (out of annoyance) and move to Shokaku...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,857 posts
17,277 battles

You know how you preserve your LOW Airgroup count? 

By NOT using Alt to disengage.Talk about stating the Obviase

By using it, you are deliberatly killing one of your planes. Yes you do it when you need to. To be honist the only reason i can realy think many will use it is when they get court by a carapult fighter when inside a strong AA corona. Simple fact is because of the lower Air group the punishment in a siapan is 50% more than in other CV. Persanly I think Siapan  should should still lose a plane. All i was saying is the reasoning behind it. Its nothing to do with it being a prem

Unless you throw $$ at WG ofc.

[-KT-]
Players
311 posts
8,457 battles

Ranger 72 or 73

Hiryu also has 72

Yup this might be the reason. But tbh her planes are very nice but not invincible, you still need to know how to play her. Going in like crazy with fighters vs fighters thinking they are OP because they are T9 will eventually bleed out your squadrons/reserve planes quickly so you can´t play her to aggressively. If you like CV play she is one of the nicest Premiums there is imo. The thing I like the most with her is that she rearms in no time compared to regular US CV´s.

Players
459 posts
8,207 battles

Should a Saipan with AS lose a plane?

Maybe Saipan should not disengage as much as they are the ones to dictate engagements with their superior speed.

[-BT-]
Players
519 posts
3,401 battles

And there we go, an other reason to think that they'll (again) perform as bad as they for the upcoming rework.

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

So Saipan has faster planes and now even if you get lecked you can strafe away without losing a plane......cool. Untill now the Hiryu Saipan matchup was pretty close and skill reliant. Not anymore.

If they would at least put like 50% chance to lose a plane....

Players
49 posts
11,648 battles
I am eager to try intentionally getting into a dogfight so my torp squads are free from attack. Then after the drop, i will just strafe my fighters out and since the saipan planes have faster speed, in theory enemy fighters will never catch me? 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,595 posts
16,718 battles

If you pay attention can't you technically strafe after a squad strafing out of a dogfight and thus kill them anyway? May be harder with Saipan since the window of opportunity is going to be a lot smaller, but it should be possible.

Or are your own fighters stunned somehow when the enemy decides to gtfo?

[PONYS]
Players
96 posts
6,369 battles

Since the patch my Hiryu is totally helpless against a good Saipan player (and i am afraid that even a bad one may have superior results)

as long as the saipan player is not afk i can't get through with my planes... i like the Hiryu, but after this change (and the change to my other favorite CV the Zuiho) i really think about quitting CVs... but i will probably try to get the last 30k exp on the hiryu, and cross my fingers before every game that its not against saipan... and move on to tier8 as quickly as possible

mfg

Ciao

Seisset

Sign in to follow this