Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dennyb

Amazing offer!

23 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
2,094 battles

Just got 1000 doubloons from a mystery crate thing and COMPLETELY RANDOMLY I get a ONE-OFF PERSONAL OFFER to spend those doubloons on premium time. Such an amazing offer but I'm gonna have to decline, thanks WarGaming. Kappa.

28cmv6x.jpg

Edited by Dennyb
  • Cool 1

[OLDG]
Players
309 posts
5,787 battles

Pretty certain the client has code automatically tailoring any special offers you get to match your doubloon account, so that you don't get an offer to spend 5000 if you only have 1000.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

I have never gotten any offer to this day. Not even one the bad ones where you're offered something which is currently on sale and you have to pay more.

2013_6beb.jpeg

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

I have to admire your will-power there Dennyb

Not sure I could have refused such an outstanding opportunity

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles

Heh, at least it's better than the whopping 5% discount on the Saipan WG tries to bait me with regularily after I played some CVs ...

[-TXG-]
Players
2,367 posts

Pretty certain the client has code automatically tailoring any special offers you get to match your doubloon account, so that you don't get an offer to spend 5000 if you only have 1000.

Not true ... I have had a few offers which would require me to add doubloons to be able to buy. There have even been threads saying the same and also complaints about not having enough time to buy doubloons and pay for the offer before the time runs out.
Edited by bushwacker001

[TOAST]
Players
1,986 posts
25,637 battles

Best offer I ever had was on my other account, 27% off the Kamikaze and, of course, I snatched it.

Players
391 posts
3,060 battles

Only offers I had was a Saipan for 10% off and 10 Port Slots for 50% off when they had been 50% off for the past weekend. And some camos at a reduced price.

Edited by Bismarck_chan

Beta Tester
1,972 posts
2,146 battles

A friend of mine was offered to buy the Kamikaze (the less proliferate one, whichever that is).

He didn't buy it...:unsure:

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

COMPLETELY RANDOMLY

Welcome to the internet where literally every single thing you do is logged and used by companies. Better get used to it, this is the future.

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

Couple of weeks ago WG offered me Indianapolis. I declined it. But I was happy to finally have given an offer. Thought they'd forgotten about me altogether.

[OLDG]
Players
309 posts
5,787 battles

Not true ... I have had a few offers which would require me to add doubloons to be able to buy. There have even been threads saying the same and also complaints about not having enough time to buy doubloons and pay for the offer before the time runs out.

I stand corrected.

Feels like there is something similar going on, though. The only "expensive" offer I've ever gotten was a 5% doubloon discount on the Tirp, and I got that shortly after adding 10 000 doubloons to my account.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,367 posts

I stand corrected.

Feels like there is something similar going on, though. The only "expensive" offer I've ever gotten was a 5% doubloon discount on the Tirp, and I got that shortly after adding 10 000 doubloons to my account.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of coding to maybe look out for opportunities to make an offer after you have bought doubloons or won some to be fare.

edit - fair/fare  ... duh

Edited by bushwacker001

[-TXG-]
Players
2,367 posts

Couple of weeks ago WG offered me Indianapolis. I declined it. But I was happy to finally have given an offer. Thought they'd forgotten about me altogether.

I got one in a santa crate ... they didn't give the chance to turn it down. :)  

being a non cruiser player these days, WG gave me 3 CA's in santa boxes. Indi, Marblehead and Molotov......all rusting away.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

I got this offers a few times. Every time I got them was after buying doubloons, and always after the next few games after them being added to the game. Coincidence? :trollface:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

OP has never had that silly Port Slot offer....

Something like 20 slots for the price of 15!

[H_FAN]
Players
1,942 posts
22,506 battles

Have got various offers on port slots premium time etc when I have lots of doubloons

Players
419 posts
7,354 battles

Within the last few weeks I received the same "A one-off personal offer!" three times.   A whopping 5% discount on the Tirpitz to buy it for only 11.875 doubloons.

First of all, by now WG should realize I am not interested in the Tirpitz but in the Scharnhorst, your cookies are tracking the wrong information.

Secondly, 5% is not a real discount. At minimum you have to match the store discounts when a special is going on. Otherwise I don't feel special, I just feel like a sucker whose wallet you want to drain.

[GWDYS]
Community Contributor
260 posts
8,837 battles

I only get those offers after I buy something. I think wargaming is trolling me, bought 30 days premium and then suddenly, oh hey wanna buy another 30 days with 20% discount? Thanks wargaming for giving me a discount after I buy something for a full price :trollface:

Sign in to follow this