Sign in to follow this  
Migulaitor

Alternative to Invisifire

13 comments in this topic

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Morning captains.

I was thinking about the invisifire removal and one of the most atractive alternative (IMO) was to make the concealment penality dependant on the caliber.

So I came up with a little and simple formula for it:

BloomTime(ms) = GunCaliber(mm) x 50 x T

T= Tweaking parameter, usually 1.

So for the following calibers we will have those times (in seconds):

100mm: 5                            (more time than the reload)

127mm: 6.35                       (more time than the reload)

150mm: 7.5                         (more time than the reload on highe tiers, almost the same on low tiers)

203mm: 10.15                     (usually less time than the reload)

280mm: 14                          (less time than the reload)

356mm: 17.8                       (less time than the reload)

380mm: 19                          (less time than the reload)

410: 20.5                             (more time than now)

YAAAAA MAAA TOO: 23    (more time than now)

Some calibers are missing (130, 152, 220,406...) but it gives a rough idea.

If you reload faster than your bloom time you need to stop shooting to be concealed. so only BBs and some cruisers benefit from concealment between salvoes.

About T:

It should be higher than 1 in some cases like russian DDs in order to compensate the laser arcs (like the larger bloom radius we have now), if T its 1.5-1.6 the spotted time would be in line with CAs.

Give IJN DDs the old punchy HE and give them a higher T value.

Obviously the smallest the caliber the faster you dissappear but you also need to spend more time firing to deal damage so I think its balanced around it. Now we wont have invisifire so we dont hurt people feelings  players dont feel helpless but it will be hard to retaliate against dds and cruisers at distances where they are able to invisifire.

It wont change much for BBs but for DDs and cruiser it would allow them to get closer to the enemy without the fear of being spotted and beated during so much time.

So captains, whats do you think about it?

PS: Feel free to correct any English mistake.

Edited by Migulaitor
  • Cool 10

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

This sort of idea has been proposed to WG a number of times now. They have shown no interest in implementing it currently, despite the fact that it would solve some of the issues with the change.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,387 battles

That is a good proposal ... unfortunately they took the "lazy" way of doing it, by just extending it to one fixed parameter.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

WG said that anything at 10s or less is not feasible.

But they thought about it.

The fact they say less than 10 seconds is unfeasible but refuse to change the bloom to anything between 10 and 20 seconds just shows they don't give a flying damn.

WG simply wants to kill any form of (stealth) gameplay that can't be defeated by a simple button press to keep the learn-resistent idiots happy, because learn-resistent idiots are their prime source of income as they keep throwing money at WG.

• Cool 6

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

IIRC they said they wont prebuff anything to compensate for invisi fire removal. they may consider compensation mechanic if stats show UP of ships cause of invisi fire removal.

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,240 battles

Not bad, but very few 200mm-category guns are below 10.15seconds of reload and that is usually on the higher tiers. I don't mind restealthing while reloading on my current 8" ships (Aoba, Pepsi, Indy, Atago, Ibuki, New Orleans), but just keep in mind, that up to and including T8 most 8"-armed ships don't go below the 12 second mark on reload.

PS: I actually like this idea very much.

Edited by piritskenyer

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Not bad, but very few 200mm-category guns are below 10.15seconds of reload and that is usually on the higher tiers. I don't mind restealthing while reloading on my current 8" ships (Aoba, Pepsi, Indy, Atago, Ibuki, New Orleans), but just keep in mind, that up to and including T8 most 8"-armed ships don't go below the 12 second mark on reload.

PS: I actually like this idea very much.

Yep messed up, wrote it in the wrong way, edited.

They said that they are gonna keep 20s as minimum but they are gonna maybe increase it for BBs.

Wich is totally useless.

IIRC they said they wont prebuff anything to compensate for invisi fire removal. they may consider compensation mechanic if stats show UP of ships cause of invisi fire removal.

The problem its now spotting mechaninc will not be solid, there is no logic way to explain this:

127mm shots being easier to see than 400mm+

Some shots from the same guns increase 100 meters with a ship and almost 10km in others (Atlanta without any speccs and Fletcher full specced)

If you have FCS in your ship its easier to spot you when shooting, better FCS need more energy and energy is yellow, so its logical, russian logical.

If are  veteran sailor using AFT you are also a shinny sailor so its easier to spot you.

If you are using the concealment module or CE your shells glow in the dark (night battles confirmed?)

And probably the 2 best: If you are using a plane to extend your range he aims you with a huge torchlight when you fire at your enemy.

Shooting increase your concealment, Iwaki alpha concealment is better after firing (afaik)

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

Shooting increase your concealment, Iwaki alpha concealment is better after firing (afaik)

Hmm, that might a viable proof of concept to show how inane this blanket approach for this spotting mechanic is.

Any ships with greater base detectability than firing range would actually get stealthier by constantly firing. Though looks like the Iwaki Alpha is the only ship left with that characteristic after all the range "buffs".

[SKIDZ]
Players
800 posts

How about u stay invis if only firing 1 turret and can refire again invis once it has reloaded that way you can do a ranging shot before committing to the full salvo

[HAWKS]
Players
172 posts
16,724 battles

I generally think 20 sec is too much and I think under 10 is too little.

What about:

>180mm 20 sec
The rest 15 seconds and maybe something special for Akizuki

Fionia

Sign in to follow this