You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Seargent_Nigel

Commemorative Flags (not Signal flags) - do they give you anything

21 comments in this topic

Players
96 posts

I have the following Commemorative flags - do they give you any bonus if mounted?

Naval fortress commandant

Red rooster

Happy shipmas

Pearl harbour 75th anniversary

La fheile Padraig 2017

Santas wanted 2016

WOW ships 1 year old

Blue steel

Players
56 posts
7,317 battles

Those are just cosmetic. A very tiny amount of them has some special ability attached to them, but it will be noted in the description of the flag if it does.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

No, they don't. There are some flags you can win during ranked battles which give you a bonus on ship repairs IIRC. But they are deleted after the ranked season is over.

NA got some (read: at least one) flags which give different boni. Other players might have more information about that.

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

flags which give different boni.

Boni?

While "boni" would be correct in latin, the correct way to pluralise bonus is "bonuses" in English (which is the language you are communicating in)
  • Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,043 posts

Yes they do. If you have a sufficiently rare one (Red Rooster for example), they will make other players jealous :B

:trollface:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Boni?

While "boni" would be correct in latin, the correct way to pluralise bonus is "bonuses" in English (which is the language you are communicating in)

It is not just correct in latin which might be what had me confused. Mea culpa, thanks for the hint. :teethhappy:
  • Cool 1

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

Mea culpa, thanks for the hint

No worries, I'm just a [edited]about that sort of thing. Glad you didn't take any offense at it.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,346 posts
14,955 battles

well only some of us have with %

Blooming Alpha Testers!!!! Always showing OFFFFF.. :hiding:

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,240 battles

Blooming Alpha Testers!!!! Always showing OFFFFF.. :hiding:

And supertesters. (rubbing in the salt:trollface:)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,346 posts
14,955 battles

And supertesters. (rubbing in the salt:trollface:)

Missed you yesterday.. Took my Okhotnik out for a spin.. Silly BB drivers thought best way to counter a tier 5 DD with 12  short range Torpedos Tubes was to go Bow on and CHARGE...  Kraken High Calibre 2600 base XP and 185k damage showed them it was a bad idea.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Ha! As if these long-term players and supertesters need any more help - Wargaming gives them flags!

It's just like it says in the Bible:

Mark, Chapter 4, Verse 25

"For he that hath, to him shall be given"

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,240 battles

Missed you yesterday.. Took my Okhotnik out for a spin.. Silly BB drivers thought best way to counter a tier 5 DD with 12  short range Torpedos Tubes was to go Bow on and CHARGE...  Kraken High Calibre 2600 base XP and 185k damage showed them it was a bad idea.

Yeah, you'll prolly miss me throughout the week, I have stuffs to attend to :(

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

Flags are a great addition but at present pretty pointless unless you have the alpha testers flag. We can only mount one flag at a time and the last time I ever noticed a flag on anyones ship (because I couldn't care less) was a long long long time ago. WG are missing a great opportunity in this.

• Cool 1

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
679 posts
1,744 battles

Flags are a great addition but at present pretty pointless unless you have the alpha testers flag. We can only mount one flag at a time and the last time I ever noticed a flag on anyones ship (because I couldn't care less) was a long long long time ago. WG are missing a great opportunity in this.

Clan flags should be a thing.
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,240 battles

Clan flags should be a thing.

Yeah, they really should be.

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

My favourite flag is the red one, with the letters "CBT" on it in bold. My wife informs me that this is the internationally accepted acronym for C0ck and Ball Torture.

I fly it on all my ships.

:tea_cap:

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

My favourite flag is the red one, with the letters "CBT" on it in bold. My wife informs me that this is the internationally accepted acronym for C0ck and Ball Torture.

I fly it on all my ships.

:tea_cap:

True story about myself.

I was in a bad car accident just over ten years ago. I needed psycho-therapy for it and the headshrinker gave me an agenda outlining the treatment schedule.This included something called "CBT".

I googled CBT and got the shock of my life!

Fortunately I quickly spotted results further down the page which showed other meanings.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

True story about myself.

I was in a bad car accident just over ten years ago. I needed psycho-therapy for it and the headshrinker gave me an agenda outlining the treatment schedule.This included something called "CBT".

I googled CBT and got the shock of my life!

Fortunately I quickly spotted results further down the page which showed other meanings.

I think we may safely infer a little something about humanity, as a species, from the order in which your search results appeared on that Google page.