Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
morti271

The sad state of the Yubari

80 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
248 posts
3,360 battles

So, are there any plans on making the Yubari competitive again?
I like the ship and play it quite often, even though it combines the biggest disadvantages of destroyers and cruisers, which makes it effectively a tier 3.

The torpedoes are alright, but you have to go full retard broadside to fire them, which is a death sentence in most cases.
She has only four 140mm guns, firing even slower than the Kuma, which has six of them for a broadside.

She has basically no armor, low health and a huge citadel.

The AA is alright, but far from what it used to be (and what was the major selling point of the whole ship).

The only positive thing about her is that she is quite fast and maneuverable for a cruiser.

So my suggestions would be EITHER:

A) Make her a tier 3, with some adjustments to range etc.

OR

B) the following changes:

- increase hitpoints to 21.000

- lower detection range to 9 km

- lower reload time to 5,5 sec
- increase AA damage by 25%

All of this if she keeps her Aiming System Modification 0.
If she's not keeping it, there have to be more improvements.

Edited by morti271
  • Cool 1

Players
373 posts
795 battles

kek so you want a Tier 4 premuim light cruiser to overpreform

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,132 posts
11,682 battles

Katori is fun for a game or so every few months but that's was free unlike Yubari, then again why did you get buy it...

Beta Tester
248 posts
3,360 battles

kek so you want a Tier 4 premuim light cruiser to overpreform

Please read again.

Katori is fun for a game or so every few months but that's was free unlike Yubari, then again why did you get buy it...

Access to closed Beta, before her AA was nerfed.

Edited by morti271

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,938 battles

Yubari is more than good enough in its current state, just get IFHE and learn to play it and I can guarantee you get good games. I played it an hour ago and scored top on my team even though I made clear mistakes throughout the game.

The one thing that is sad on the Yubari is the lack of one of its early refits where it had 6 guns instead of 4. I feel that the 6 gun Yubari is much more symbolic than the shitty AA version we have now. Id trade AA and torpedo performance for the 2 extra guns.

Beta Tester
248 posts
3,360 battles

Yubari is more than good enough in its current state, just get IFHE and learn to play it and I can guarantee you get good games. I played it an hour ago and scored top on my team even though I made clear mistakes throughout the game.

The one thing that is sad on the Yubari is the lack of one of its early refits where it had 6 guns instead of 4. I feel that the 6 gun Yubari is much more symbolic than the shitty AA version we have now. Id trade AA and torpedo performance for the 2 extra guns.

I know how to play her and I have good games in her. But that's not because it's a good ship, but because there are many beginners at that tier.

Just compare her to the Kuma and you will see how bad the Yubari really is.

Two extra guns would be a major improvement, since the AA rarely shoots down anything anyway.

Edited by morti271
  • Cool 1

Players
453 posts

OP underestimates the gun power of the Yubari. Sure, only 4 guns suck compared to Kuma and stuff... until you realise that the effective firepower is actually similar or superior once you factor in accuracy.

While it probably could use a buff or two, it's not really out of place at tier 4. Just remember, regardless of what the icon says, you're a gunboat DD. Play like you are one.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

What she Needs is bring her more in line rangewise with the other t4 CL. so an increase of ca 1 km so they dont outranger her at times with more firepower to boot. AA buff is a pipedream raw AA is just half the storry. Before planes were simply slower staying longer in the Aura. a Flat 20% range boni to range on top of AFT would bring her in line. a real shame that Texas 1 Tir higher is unatackable while the AA specalized Yubaris has self defence only. Alternately her Aura works as if planes in range were looked down by a fighter.....

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

Hmm, server averages actually say the Yubari is performing better than the Kuma in every aspect. She's also performing right at the top of the tier IV cruisers with only the Iwaki Alpha beating it considerably and that can mostly be accounted for by the typically more experienced players that will use her (the Iwaki Alpha having been a reward ship for those that participated in the game's alpha, hence the name), the other part being the Iwaki get's a smoke (which is also the reason why I'd love to get my hands on that little beauty, though I fear that ship has left the port).

Being a premium and a long time exclusive also distorts its stats as the average player owning the Yubari is likely to be a bit more experienced (ship having been a buy-in for the Beta test) compared to the Kuma which is readily available to newbies, noobs and sealclubbing gameplay gods alike and I wouldn't argue the Kuma having an edge at the maximum damage potential, but statwise she seems to be doing perfectly fine.

As for her unique flavour, although she's shooting down more airplanes compared to other tier IV cruisers it's still not a whole lot (at all, 2.2 aircraft average per game), but her Defensive AA as still panics the attacking aircraft so she still serves that purpose much more effectively than her peers (or really anything within her MM bracket). And with the upcoming (imho ludicrously inappropriate) CV balance changes to low tier CVs her relative performance in disrupting CV strikes will only increase, so an actual increase in her AA dps might not even be necessary to improve her performance.

At least that's what I can gleam from the stats as I don't own her myself, so no first hand experience.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

​Sadly no thanks to the powerkreep Phönix and swatlana outrange you. sure yur are more acurate but they have much more firepower to throw at you and the maps at t4 arent allways large enogh to Keep your distance.

The AA is a joke now if you shoot down more than 3 planes the enemy CV must be stupid enogh of overfly you directly. I miss her glorry days in early open game. my max planes killed with her was 30 before the short range AA and plane Speed changes changes.

Edited by Spellfire40

[BFS]
Beta Tester
368 posts

I hate the ship, but I suppose that's due my lack of performance in it.

How DO you sail it?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

So, are there any plans on making the Yubari competitive again?

I like the ship and play it quite often, even though it combines the biggest disadvantages of destroyers and cruisers, which makes it effectively a tier 3.

The torpedoes are alright, but you have to go full retard broadside to fire them, which is a death sentence in most cases.

She has only four 140mm guns, firing even slower than the Kuma, which has six of them for a broadside.

She has basically no armor, low health and a huge citadel.

The AA is alright, but far from what it used to be (and what was the major selling point of the whole ship).

The only positive thing about her is that she is quite fast and maneuverable for a cruiser.

So my suggestions would be:

A) Make her a tier 3

B) the following changes:

- increase hitpoints to 21.000

- lower detection range to 9 km

- lower reload time to 5,5 sec

- increase AA damage by 25%

All of this if she keeps her Aiming System Modification 0.

If she's not keeping it, there have to be more improvements.

Player with 61% wr Yubari wants Yubari buffed....

Top kek, 10/10 thread. 

No one yet checked OP's performance? Wew... guys I am dissapoint. 

How DO you sail it?

Ask OP, I win 1% more games but he does 5k more dmg per game so I guess he's doing a better job sailing her :honoring: 

Edited by mtm78

Players
453 posts

Top kek, 10/10 thread. 

I have ~75% win rate and ~51% main battery hit rate. Last I checked anyway. Gunboat DD ftw. 61% does not impress me on that ship.

I sense now that maybe we should've brought the excalibait.jpg to the thread...

Edited by ScratxNeko

Beta Tester
248 posts
3,360 battles

Top kek, 10/10 thread. 

Ask OP, I win 1% more games but he does 5k more dmg per game so I guess he's doing a better job sailing her :honoring: 

What has winrate to do with a ships performance?

I'm sure there are great ships which I do terrible in.

This thread is purely about the ships stats and raw performance, without the influence of the captain.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Well he does have a point if he bought her like me because of the premise of 'skysweeper' ( yes, that word was used in her advertisement... ).

The 25mm AAA nerf has dramatically lowered her AAA performance, not to mention that low tier planes had their health buffed iirc? 

This thread is purely about the ships stats and raw performance, without the influence of the captain.

eYYiryb.png

edit: above is all time, this is last two weeks

7M7xA7e.png

Edited by mtm78

Beta Tester
248 posts
3,360 battles

Stats like, armor, armament etc., not some random WR stuff affected by veterans playing at low tiers.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

1. yeah those stats like... 

rmor, armament etc.,

.. are actually what causes those silly numbers like w/r and dmg. 

b48.png

Beta Tester
248 posts
3,360 battles

1. yeah those stats like... 

.. are actually what causes those silly numbers like w/r and dmg. 

"Except that the captain massively influences the WR. That's why WR-arguments, especially on pre-order ships, are worthless, because they are almost exclusively played by veterans, which dramatically pushes their WR."

- Captain Obvious, 2017

Edited by morti271

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

Stats like, armor, armament etc., not some random WR stuff affected by veterans playing at low tiers.

Ship characteristics alone never tell the whole story.

Or how would you explain so many potatoes underperforming in ships like Yamato etc. pp. (I've had guys in Yamato with over a hundred games in it and a mere ~30k average damage!!!) ? How players play their ships is as important as the ship itself. So yes, that random WR stuff is relevant! The two are directly linked to each other and neither shows the full picture by themselves.

You don't get to just cherrypick the arguments that suit your agenda.

tumblr_nudmn9inqz1t00rnpo6_1280.jpg

Edited by Aotearas

[BFS]
Beta Tester
368 posts

How DO you sail it?

Help..... :nerv_fish:

Players
453 posts

Help..... :nerv_fish:

Gunboat DD. You're a smaller target than most. You're fast. You're extremely agile. Most other cruisers have moon arcs at range. Use it for dodging shells while using your sniper rifles to whittle them down. And if you get the chance to drop torps, go ahead, they're the most overpowered fishes at tier 4, with the only drawbacks being no stealth-firing them (6km range) and the bad firing arcs, which force showing hard broadside. Not much of an issue if you'd be showing broadside anyway or doing island ambush, tho.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
368 posts

Thanks, I'll try :)

Yubari1.jpg

Succeded a bit :)

Edited by MrKristensen

[VION]
[VION]
Beta Tester
57 posts
5,955 battles

Yubari actually has the most accurate guns in the game. But she allso has the worst armor. Even HE shells citadels her, so stay at range and dont let them shoot back.

Sign in to follow this