willdude10

British Battleship Line 2017 Predicitions

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
9 posts
516 battles

British Battleship line WOWS 2017 Predictions at higher tiers.

Tier 3-6 wealth of designs to choose from, battlecruisers may also have seperate line up to tier 6 ending with HMS Renown or Tier 7 if Hood is not premium.

Tier 7- HMS Rodney. Logical contemporary of Nagato, poor speed, moderate guns and good armour for the tier.

Tier 8- HMS KGV. Reasonable fit, problematic in firepower department that could be aided by superchargers or given planned 15” guns although unlikely. Probably compensated with excellent consumables to reflect advanced systems, reasonable speed and well protected even against Bismarck class.

Tier 8 Premium/ Tier 9- HMS Vanguard. The last battleship ever launched could work at tier 8/9 once again firepower is somewhat lacking at Tier 9 that makes her more welcome in Tier 8, good speed and reasonable armour at either tier.

Tier 9- HMS Lion 1938. Well suited design that holds water in every department despite being lower tonnage than contemporaries at the tier, good speed, reasonable firepower and good protection level.

Tier 10- HMS Termarmerie/Thunderer 1942/44. No other battleships beyond Lion were conceived, however numerous iterations were designed throughout the war increasing the protection, secondary firepower and overall displacement by more than 10,000 tonnes. These later designs are difficult to pin down but wargaming have no problem taking liberties with exact specs in favour of a well fitting ship for the tier and this is doable with later lion designs, adequate firepower, good speed and protection once again.

Overall theme of higher tier battleships appears to be very good armour protection unlike the British Cruiser line however quality and size of firepower varies wildly.

Interested to see what others might predict!

Edited by willdude10
  • Cool 1

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Another thread about this exact thing is still literally on page 1 of this forum: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/71328-british-battleship-line-for-2017/ And it has 11 pages by now.

Here's another one a bit further down, but also page 1: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/62460-royal-bb-line/ And it has 72 pages!

Beta Tester
9 posts
516 battles

Didn't want to just place it all in a comment on the informal vote thread, hadn't found the other one so thanks, thought I might as well get my predictions out there on a seperate thread as I destain when someone comments on a seperate thread that KGV class should be Tier 6 or things like that.

[DREAD]
Players
5,105 posts
5,058 battles

when they come then you see, no need speculate

Don't think OP is after a "need" here but about the fun of speculation - while it is not the first time it gets discussed.

Personally I like the dreadnought era ships and look forward to Orion maybe. I am not a huge RN fanboy though, might take a look at Iron Duke. I am a little afraid what WG will do to the low tier ships again going offf the disaster we have seen last year on the GER low tier ships... well we'll see

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,536 battles

The thing to speculate about is if WG releases a BC line to give RN the speed, gun but poor armour instead of a BB line, one youtuber speculated in that (might have been Notser), but there has been lots of them so I can not look that up.

That will bring flavour, the Warspite consumable in heal could somewhat compensate. Hood are defined as a battlecruiser in the screenshot of her statistics.

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

Personal thoughts on more notable ships and sliver tech tiers

T3 dreadnought

T4 iron duke or similar dreadnought

T5 revenge

T6 queen Elizabeth ww2 era refits

T7 nelson

T8 KGV (with real or at lease choice of armement)

T9 lion

T10 paper designs

Had been discussed at length else where so won't go into to much detail again but that's what I'd expect to see in a battleship line

• Cool 1

Players
2,376 posts
15,503 battles

I think it'll be a BC line this year too :great:

T3. Invincible-class

T4. Lion-class

T5. Tiger-class

T6. Renown-class

T7. Admiral-class (Hood premium)

T8. J3

T9. G3-class

T10. One of the 1920s 18" monster designs, take your pick. (K2 for me)

RW7WfwK.jpg

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
5,105 posts
5,058 battles

I'd dread to think of the size of its citadel :teethhappy:

+1 for the pic, tho I'd learn towards the M3/2 :P

And then give it a real over the top name in game like "Incomparable" or "Magnificent" 

• Cool 1

[_VI_]
Beta Tester
679 posts
1,740 battles

And then give it a real over the top name in game like "Incomparable" or "Magnificent" 

You have to hand it to us Brits, we did give our ships awesome names. Especially the early era dreadnoughts.

[DREAD]
Players
5,105 posts
5,058 battles

You have to hand it to us Brits, we did give our ships awesome names. Especially the early era dreadnoughts.

Indeed :-)

There are some odd ones (eg like "Terror")

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,862 battles

tier 3-6: idgaf
tier 7: Nelson

Tier 8: KGV with 15" guns. 14" are out of the question for 2 reasons, Way to little firepower wont even let you overmatch equal tier cruiser + Turret characteristics are terrible (as slow as Warspite traverse historically) and they should be reserved for a premium ship.

Tier 9: Lion 1938/1942

Tier 10: Lion  1944

Bottom line is that none of the J class BB proposals are close to being worthy of tier 10, I would even question them at tier 9 tbh

Players
110 posts
1,261 battles

INDEFATIGABLE!

The Royal Navy - Teaching you fancy adjectives since 1546.

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

III - Dreadnought (Maybe WG will stop at Hood for famous premiums. Maybe.)

IV - Orion or Colossus.... - Colossus for quirks and uniqueness, Orion for solidness.... Going to go for Orion.  

V - Iron Duke (With QA Mansion fictional upgrade).

VI - Queen Elizabeth

VII - Nelson

VIII - King George V (With 14", thank you very much. They will work, and I am confident of that. If you have 15", you have a different ship and should not call it KGV).

IX - 'Temeraire' - Lion 1942/1944 (B3).

X - 'Thunderer' - Lion 1945 (Scheme B).

As much as I would love BCs, I think WG have gone with the option that includes more of the famous ships, with only 2 paper designs, instead of 3 4 (y no regular Hood) for a BC line.

• Cool 2

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Too bad WG say nor more than 360mm guns...

Did they say that specifically about english ships? Because I've only heard about them having said that they wouldn't exceed Yamato guns (460 mm).

[OGHF]
Players
588 posts
11,090 battles

Missing a trick name guys, probaby T3, a fictional name but one we should all know and remember.

HMS THUNDERCHILD.

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

Missing a trick name guys, probaby T3, a fictional name but one we should all know and remember.

HMS THUNDERCHILD.

IMG_0990.JPG

Look like Mikasa.

Players
110 posts
1,261 battles

HMS THUNDERCHILD.

IMG_0990.JPG

I thought the HMS Thunderchild was a torpedo ram, something ala HMS Polyphemus rather than a pre-dreadnought

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

tier 3-6: idgaf

tier 7: Nelson

Tier 8: KGV with 15" guns. 14" are out of the question for 2 reasons, Way to little firepower wont even let you overmatch equal tier cruiser + Turret characteristics are terrible (as slow as Warspite traverse historically) and they should be reserved for a premium ship.

Tier 9: Lion 1938/1942

Tier 10: Lion  1944

Bottom line is that none of the J class BB proposals are close to being worthy of tier 10, I would even question them at tier 9 tbh

Reference KGV 

The problem for me about this is simply... it's had 2x4 1x2 14" not 3x3 15". This is simply an historical fact. Now I know this is an arcade style game but it's content and most of its appeal to play is because of the history of the machines involved and the interest in the time.

Some ships were better than others in a mutilitide of different ways but that is the point they are different to one another. What's the point of bothering to seperate them out by nation at all if your just going to change them so they are all the same anyway?

If that's the case why not give it lazer cannons, make it fly and call it Florence? 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles

14" helped kill both Bismarck and Scharnhorst. 

Arguably they did a lot of the work and are WW2s most successful BB guns in terms of killing other BB...

Beta Tester
61 posts
2,931 battles

They could just give her 14" but with pumped up stats to make them on par with 15"...but I fear they will try to reserve the historically accurate configuration for a premium ship like they did on Scharnost.