You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

So strange? How can this be explained?

14 comments in this topic

Players
677 posts
19,898 battles

I just played a battle and my Belfast hits a Nagato (a BB known for easily getting fires) 120x times with HE shells on top of vessel: unbelievable that Nagato being hit 120x times by HE-shells of my Belfast did NOT ONCE caught a fire...it id not burn...NOT ONCE???? I tried to look up the stats of the player (his Nagato stats) but that player made it impossible to be surveyed by others...all secret! I know I cannot name any players on a site and I will not do so, facaus.

What do you think of such an impossibility: "A Nagato proven to be totally immune for HE-shells starting fire"????:coin:

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Its just RNG I had a few games with Zao where in 70 hits I couldn't get a single fire, also depends where you hit him. Always for the superstructure.

[ALONE]
Players
1,337 posts
10,776 battles

Belfast has 9% fire chance, with IFHE and no DE and flags this becomes only 6%. So absolute max from 120 hits would be 7 fires - if all hit at flammable and not already burning area. This still is reduced by a ship-dependent coefficient (anybody knows details?). 

Anyway, if realistic fire chance is something like 3% then 0.97^120 = still 2.5% that nothing will ignite after 120 hits:P

On the other side, I recall "the record damage" of Krasny Krym where some TK moron had a luck scoring 20 fires from 248 hits... 

Players
1,657 posts
9,070 battles

He has hidden the stats because he doesn't want you to see he's sailing the firebrigade version of the nagato - the one where all the secondaries are replaced with firehoses and extinguishers... 

Extremely bad luck on your part. Why would you want to look up his stats?

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,176 battles

I vote for crap RNG aswell. An example from my point of view is when I used my Chapayev, 16% fire chance, 87 hits, 0 fires. craphappens.

Players
677 posts
19,898 battles

Its just RNG I had a few games with Zao where in 70 hits I couldn't get a single fire, also depends where you hit him. Always for the superstructure.

You stated its RNG (and yr Zao example obviously proves that). OK, seems all plausable and  all-in-the-game. Then its fine  with me, ok to me.

ths for yr kind explanation :hmm:

[OLDG]
Players
309 posts
5,777 battles

You stated its RNG (and yr Zao example obviously proves that). OK, seems all plausable and  all-in-the-game. Then its fine  with me, ok to me.

ths for yr kind explanation :hmm:

You provide an example, seemingly implying that your failure to get fires started is down to some kind of cheat. Yet the example you provided, although unfortunate, is not in any way extreme. You were unlucky, but not "unheard of" unlucky. "It's just RNG" is a perfectly valid explanation. Some battles you will set twenty fires - others zero. It's not strange, nor is it difficult to explain. That's how chance works.

ps. Irony and sarcasm doesn't translate well on forums. Posts such as yours above often as not just come across as snide.

Players
2 posts
2,891 battles

Are there any cheats for World of Warships (WoWs) out there?

Yes, there are. Many players get cheating on in the internet, especially those who play with DESTROYER. See, your ship is 100 meters from the enemy destroyer, it uses smoke and it becomes invisible and when the smoke ends it goes back to use soon afterwards for 5 or 6 times ..

Wordwarships developers are destroying the game...

Wordwarships is a hackers festival... DEVs know this and will not do anything about it...

Wargame needs players, hacker or not, to see if some idiot buys ships, dobbies and other filth...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

Maybe OP was fail aiming at the lower hull? Even then RNG would probably have ignited. Unlucky I guess..

[UNICS]
Players
1,178 posts
14,957 battles

Are there any cheats for World of Warships (WoWs) out there?

Yes, there are. Many players get cheating on in the internet, especially those who play with DESTROYER. See, your ship is 100 meters from the enemy destroyer, it uses smoke and it becomes invisible and when the smoke ends it goes back to use soon afterwards for 5 or 6 times ..

Wordwarships developers are destroying the game...

Wordwarships is a hackers festival... DEVs know this and will not do anything about it...

Wargame needs players, hacker or not, to see if some idiot buys ships, dobbies and other filth...

Now its 100 meters instead of 500 meters WTF? maybe he was not stationary in his smoke and using it as a curtain instead of sitting in it ?

Beta Tester
456 posts

Belfast has 9% fire chance, with IFHE and no DE and flags this becomes only 6%. So absolute max from 120 hits would be 7 fires - if all hit at flammable and not already burning area. This still is reduced by a ship-dependent coefficient (anybody knows details?). 

Anyway, if realistic fire chance is something like 3% then 0.97^120 = still 2.5% that nothing will ignite after 120 hits:P

On the other side, I recall "the record damage" of Krasny Krym where some TK moron had a luck scoring 20 fires from 248 hits... 

Your math failed you this time, my friend :-)