You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EMILY_FINEBOTTOM

Neptune the worse tier Ix ship in game do you agree?

74 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts

Moving from the Edinburgh to the Neptune is the worse move in the game, the Neptune is slow the range is the lowest of any cruiser and it is made of glass, I have seen milk turn faster than the Neptune. It does nothing well, what is its purpose anyone know?

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,323 posts
9,079 battles

Are we talking about the same ship here? I loved playing the neptune. Must be trolling for sure.

• Cool 12
  • Bad 1

Players
944 posts
5,316 battles

Doesn't it have much faster reload compared to Edinburgh? So I guess you do your usual, set up shop in smoke and daka daka.

[POP]
Players
167 posts
3,199 battles

Absolutely, she just stinks:  

</sarcasm> :rolleyes:

Edited by makhot

Players
1,428 posts

You might not like the ship. The ship might not fit your playing-style. That doesn't mean it is a bad ship. 

In fact (accoording Warships.today) with an average winrate of 52,92% and an average damage of 56000 it is the 4th best ship of tier 9. This is on average, because of your playstyle it can be the worst ship for T 9 for you.

Edited by Blue_Bug

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

It's the only T9 I have: so nothing to compare her too.

My impressions of her are that she's pretty good, although expensive to run: I usually end up losing several thousand credits after most battles. But I don't claim to be a good player.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,411 battles

I'd say Fiji to Edinburgh was the let down.

Neptune is a breath of fresh air after the t8.

The t8 is cursed with almost always seeing t10 games.

The range is painful at these tiers and meets radar far more often than the t7 does, cause t7mm is a lot kinder.

The t8 guns struggle to do consistent damage against t10 BBS.

Going to the Neptune, the increased range and more effective guns improve the situation a great deal.

Still struggle when you commit to help your DDS then the rest of the team buggers off to the other side of the map though. Neptune isn't brilliant at getting out of Dodge.

• Cool 2

[LOOM]
[LOOM]
Players
417 posts
18,930 battles

lol Neptune bad ship ? Nice Joke. As Long you dont stand broad in smoke  facing a t10 bb that know how to shoot into smoke (or a t10 ca )  your fine . Neptune like all RN Ca is a pick and choose Ship . You pick your enemy and the Situation . I like her .

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,807 battles

OP, are you serious?

I mean seriously......  Serious??

:facepalm:

Players
12 posts

Ok seems some people like the Neptune I will look at it again some usefull comments but of course there are some guffawing jack asses making personal comments where would we be without them. I always visualise a skinny spotty kid snorting while writing the comments with a tuft of hair on thier head with shaven sides, if you fit the description say Aye 

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Neptune the worse tier Ix ship in game do you agree?

No. It is quite strong and in the hand of a decent player can be a monster.

It is very versatile but requires good positioning and map/ situational awareness, otherwise you can get blasted very quickly.

Play it to its strengths and it wrecks other ships - not as good as the near-OP Minotaur does, but damn close.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
477 posts
4,742 battles

Ok seems some people like the Neptune I will look at it again some usefull comments but of course there are some guffawing jack asses making personal comments where would we be without them. I always visualise a skinny spotty kid snorting while writing the comments with a tuft of hair on thier head with shaven sides, if you fit the description say Aye 

I personally have hard time visualising what bad players look like. Is there a common theme?
Edited by ajappat

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles

Rely OP. 17 tier IX ships in game Neptune is

last 2 weeks on Euro server

6th on Winrate

7th on damage

4th on XP

4th on kill death ratio

5th on average kills

4th on Plane kills 

8th on survivability 

Defiantly Higher middle of the road

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

neptune is very powerful ship, just it is more of a support cruiser. it cant solo. you need scouting with it and possible few more ships with you that can deter enemy pushing into you while you farm damage.

[XODUS]
Players
736 posts
4,196 battles

Nope

I love the Fiji and still got her in the Port although my new captain for her only just reached T10 so now got concealment again thank gods.

Edinburgh was good although i didn't enjoy her as much as the Fiji so when i had the credits she was sold to exchange for the Neptune, and boy was it a good trade, Neptune is not as nimble as Edinburgh or Fiji and thus if caught showing a tad too much skirt she can get punished. 

But if you have mastered the angles of protection for T7/8 plus using cover and your smoke wisely and plan your escape routes then the Neptune becomes a monster. 

Especially with the increase in Radar at T8+

But the Damage output, dear lords, my first game in her (stock) i did 70k of damage and took down a cruiser and a DD in T10 Match, next match it was 90k including taking out a Kutuzov when he had popped his smoke and because of the fast rate of fire was able to delete him from the game in just a minute by watching fall of shot and the hit indicator.

When i got her fully upgrade was able to do 130k damage and 4 kills.

And that's before we get started on her AA suite, she eats T7/8 Carriers planes for lunch.

The British Cruisers are more akin to a saber or a foil than the broadsword of Russian/American Cruisers or the Katana of Japanese Cruisers, they strike a weak points and death by small wounds rather than the big sweeping strikes the other cruiser can do. 

They are not for everyone, I for one cannot stand Battleship play (other than the Scharnhorst)

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,041 battles

I don't have the Neptune myself OP, but I struggle to see how a ship could exceed the Baltimore in terms of pure awfulness or the Izumo in terms of pure irritation. 

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

No and aye (related to your second post in the topic).

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,069 posts
6,708 battles

I found it absolutely boring to play. Dangerous, yes indeed, but everyone wants you dead, and everything citpen you. Unlike Edin that I could sometimes play a little agressively, Neptune have a meh concealment and your only gameplay is to sit inside a smoke and spam, then run away waiting for your next smoke.

I might give it another try now that I got Moskva which was my top priority, but I really found Fiji and Edin more fun.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

Whereas I look at your name and wonder if you in fact do have one.

As for the original post, I am at the Edinburgh which is ok, but I fail to see how the Neptune won't be an improvement in every area - better RoF, better AA, +1 MM, more torps.

• Cool 1