You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DB2212

WG hell bent on turning WoWs into Wot

56 comments in this topic

Players
648 posts
6,842 battles

These 20 minute games are more and more becoming 9 or 10 minute games of not fun.

Or am I just realy unlucky enough to have suffered too many of them recently?

I quit WoT when lemming train 5 minute games became the norm - is this the way this game is going?

Please no.

shot-17.03.25_02.01.48-0914.jpg

shot-17.03.25_02.37.13-0809.jpg

shot-17.03.27_00.26.41-0145.jpg

shot-17.03.27_00.26.58-0618.jpg

Players
648 posts
6,842 battles

ah weekend roflstomps... its not WG-s fault that players are stupid...

Lol, just had another lemming train fail.

The best bit was the genius who bitched about my torps hitting him.

There were no green on green torps, but the twunt was unable to recognise/accept this

Edited by DB2212

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,910 posts
9,221 battles

OP is not winning as much as he would like...  Sense of entitlement  to win not fulfilled: Blame the game, the players, the Match Making, RNG. 

Anything but take responsibility himself.

And cue the stats argument....

• Cool 3

[NSVE]
Players
231 posts
10,068 battles

Bow on shooting... lol... When they scale the penetration to suit the ranges we play at then it should be less WOT like and more like how ships were fought in real life. The naval designers built battleships to have immune zones to certain size shells so they could fight broadside on and maximise gun power. In WOWS this doesn't exist at the moment.

Try playing later in the evening on weekends or early in the mornings as the kiddies are normally offline then I find.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,307 posts
8,603 battles

best way : avoid play weekend

What is wrong with everyone playing on weekends? I can play any day any time and as long as I perform good my wr is good. No matter Is it 10 or 20 mins game.

Players
410 posts
9,091 battles

This weekend stigma is a little bit elitist, for lots of people it's the only time they get to play and to get treated like muggles is not on, we all know it can get a bit messy but without those 28 thousand on a Saturday afternoon this game wouldn't survive.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

^ This

Players
646 posts

DB2212, do you have any screenshots where you got most XP for your team?

Otherwise, could you understand why, for example, the player in the Mahan from your first battle might feel that you didn't pull your weight and that you were jointly responsible for the teams loss?

In each of your screenshots you got about half the XP of the top performing player on your team. Do you think your gameplay was good enough in those battles?

Edited by Lin3
  • Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,604 battles

Had 2 wins and much more loses yesterday.

Who cares finally finished my 5th T10 with Des Moines. 

So for me it was overall a good weekend.

[UNICS]
Players
1,279 posts
17,778 battles

Otherwise, could you understand why, for example, the player in the Mahan from your first battle might feel that you didn't pull your weight and that you were jointly responsible for the teams loss?

In each of your screenshots you got about half the XP of the top performing player on your team. Do you think your gameplay was good enough in those battles?

^^^ Maybe look at your own performance OP

Players
4,040 posts
7,579 battles

I don't see how the OP's DD can be at fault for the whole team getting wiped out, or the 2 x potato BB in one of the screenshots, or how a Marblehead is responsible for an AFK New York.

A few people seem to be complaining that there have become far more steamroller games over recent patches so the OP may well have a point.

[CS-N]
Beta Tester
71 posts
8,879 battles

It happened to me last weekend on the PT server - my team was performing really badly, so I was trying to tell my mates what we should do better, then calling them names (coz they were not listening and even sinking each other), finally - and only then - recognizing that there was not enough players to start the game and the MM filled all remaining ship slots in my team with bots! :) A great lesson for me!:D:D:D

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Weekends are really something else.

Although some kind of truth in WoWs being like WoT is also here - but mainly mechanically (i don't mind shorter battles as long as they aren't one-sided roflstomps), like the tank armor.

Players
3,288 posts
15,226 battles

Maybe getting WoWS to be more like WoT is a pre-requisite to unifying the gold between the two games....you know....like Wargaming promised they would.

:trollface:

Players
1,001 posts
6,733 battles

Just unlucky. Although some teams do rush cyka blyat and get annihilated. Yesterday I had a 7 kill game without cheesy kill steals, that my team managed to lose regardless,

Beta Tester
2,083 posts

These 20 minute games are more and more becoming 9 or 10 minute games of not fun.

Or am I just realy unlucky enough to have suffered too many of them recently?

I quit WoT when lemming train 5 minute games became the norm - is this the way this game is going?

Please no.

It ialready is WoT just with ship skins;

We have: Corridor maps, game meta that foster campers and punishes aggressive playstyle, silly detection system, invisi shooting(though soon to be removed), low risk high/reward classes aka. clickers/arty/CVs/etc., non skill based matchmaking and I am sure more things not mentioned here.

Ignore that WoWS has a naval setting, it really is just WoT with a naval skin as it have no real maritime physics or effects that affects the game i.e. the sea in the game is flat and waves are just animations not a moving object controlled by algorithms and nothing affects the ships' handling or gunnery because of that. Just like in WoT.

• Cool 2

Supertester
2,445 posts
10,348 battles

I really just think we see that teamplay is getting better a bit. Sticking to the most basic principles of it in randoms gives one team a huuuuge edge sometimes. You will notice that at weekends especially.

Players
13 posts
6,193 battles

Sometimes games are like that and thats it. But I think thats to be expected kinda. Maybe WG should start using some hidden elo thing from players ranked season success in random battles just for balancing. Most players in this game are at the ranks 10-20 something. And I had a few games past days where there were about 3 rank1 players in the same team and the enemy teams highest ranked player was rank9...of course this shows in the outcome of the match.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

We have: Corridor maps, game meta that foster campers and punishes aggressive playstyle, silly detection system, invisi shooting(though soon to be removed), low risk high/reward classes aka. clickers/arty/CVs/etc., non skill based matchmaking and I am sure more things not mentioned here.

You should really try to play CV. They're literally the hardest class to play - and punished the hardest when you happen to meet an opponent more skilled than you.

[DAVY]
Players
2,644 posts

And I had a few games past days where there were about 3 rank1 players in the same team and the enemy teams highest ranked player was rank9...of course this shows in the outcome of the match.

Complete rubbish...granted, top players interested in getting to rank 1 got there but with the ranked season being so long so did a large amount of not good players. I would also say a big percentage targeted rank 10-12 due to no decent rewards for going any higher. If you are judging players (and the probable battle outcome) by the rank they got to then you are very wrong.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts

You should really try to play CV. They're literally the hardest class to play - and punished the hardest when you happen to meet an opponent more skilled than you.

There are plenty of CV topics on this forum and I do no not want to be dragged into a CV rage fest, however the similarities and effect they have on the game experience between arty in WoT and CVs in WoWS are obvious.
Edited by atomskytten

Players
4,040 posts
7,579 battles

I really just think we see that teamplay is getting better a bit. Sticking to the most basic principles of it in randoms gives one team a huuuuge edge sometimes. You will notice that at weekends especially.

Z_Onkele posted his experience of one-sided games here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/76601-matchmaking-getting-worse/page__st__20 and produced a chart of them as well:

one-sided-battles-ratio.png

A jump from about 5% of games to 40% over a small number of patches does not to me look like the result of teamplay getting a bit better, that looks like something far more fundamental.

Granted it's one player, but there's a decent sample size in each patch, so it doesn't look like chance.

Edited by Capra76