Skycat79

Chat Moderators for Warships missing, where are the good Guys?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

Do we need a Moderator for the "Port" Chat?   56 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a moderated Port Chat?

• Yes some Moderators would be fine.
    • No the Chat should stay as it is.
    • I abstain from voting

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

Of course you can share your free Thoughts in the Chat, with limitations (and those are located in the EULA) ... but i can give you at least one Example, while it was helpfull to have a Moderator Online: The Server got some massive Issues and serval Conflicts and BigBadVuk contacted MrConway and ask him, whats going on... and it was a Holiday (not normal Workday) and only because of this Contact, they managed to restart the Server (or what ever) and make the Game playable again. And also some helpfull advices, where to find "knowledge base" Articles and Customer Support and all those Things...

Strange that it seems, most of the People thinking... a Moderator is only for banning People, no he is not...  and also strange is, you dont get an official Statement from a Mod (in the Forum) what happens... Surely, the World of Warships Chat compared to the World of Tanks Chat is a very friendly Place... but, WHERE is the Issue, to find a New Moderator for the Port Chat if BBV is not available?

Edited by Skycat79

I guess the game could use something like EVE online uses, a rookie chat channel.

All new players would have access to it for their first 500 or so battles after which they get booted. A veteran player could also join the channel to help these newbies out after say 3000 battles and a certain win rate / tier reached / whatever. The veterans would be there to answer newbie questions, division with them and so on. Occasionally the devs could pop in and do the same. Make this channel a strictly on topic channel.

General chat should remain a random cess pool, trying to change that would be waste of time and energy and spoil fun for some people.

1 person likes this

Well regarding to a Message which i post here:

(not copy the Name - by Rules)

Regarding in-game moderation, we are looking into the best solutions for this and it is not something we are ignoring. Following the rules in chat is very important to us and even though our in-game moderation doesn't seem to be the most active at the moment, we suggest always using the in-game report option whenever someone breaks the rules.

I tend so say (as some Friend does) : This (Port) Chat has yet to really need moderation

I thought the 'not posting private messages' rule wasn't about the names but about everything ( including the content ). Could be wrong though. 

On topic: the quote talking about in game report option when the thread is actually about 'port chat' iirc, well... it's kinda an expected answer right :popcorn: 

Well maybe true as well, but using the Customer Support if you run out of Reports (Compliments are rare anyway) is a bit odd against the Customer Support (because they almost use to take 72Hours to answer on a Ticket) and if you read only "we cant tell what we will do, but we handle this Situation", im not sure if that fits for the Guys who send Screenshots and Replays about a Rule Violation. So what ever - this is about the Moderation of the Port Chat, especially now - while its Patch Day and some Guys might have Questions and dont look at the Forum... so...

Edited by Skycat79

Yeah, and 'use in game report system' doesn't apply to port chat unless I been right clicking names wrong and there is a menu which shows up which says 'report' :D

I do know that support does sanction people who are reported manually, heard it from several people. But, their standard reply 'use in game report system' is just there to discourage people from filing manual reports. 

Hey guys!

Our in-game moderation is indeed lacking a bit at the moment, however we are already working on a solution. Personally I think that, while the WoWS chat is a relatively friendly place, we still need to ensure that it remains so and we have to deal with people who try to misuse it. We will keep you guys posted about this. 

2 people like this

Well, i'd volunteer to moderate the port chat, at least in the evening and when i'm not playing.

Oh, and when no chatban is in effect of course, as the chatban prevents me from chating in port too.

Oh, and when no chatban is in effect of course, as the chatban prevents me from chating in port too.

There is a Hungarian saying (fun fact: I am Hungarian) which goes like this: "You shouldn't trust the goat with the cabbage". I think this saying applies in this situation :P

On a more serious note, we already have a set of capable moderators working on the forums and I hope that in the future they will also be able to make the in-game chat a better place. 

1 person likes this

There is a Hungarian saying (fun fact: I am Hungarian) which goes like this: "You shouldn't trust the goat with the cabbage". I think this saying applies in this situation :P

On a more serious note, we already have a set of capable moderators working on the forums and I hope that in the future they will also be able to make the in-game chat a better place. 

Yeah, it does indeed...it'd be like letting the fox guard the hen house ^^

Tho i cannot stress the fact that the report i receive are unjustified as i'm acting... in self defense.

Glad the irony came through, and in regards to the chat moderation: there's always the option to use bots which react to specified words or phrases in the mean time.

Personally I think that, while the WoWS chat is a relatively friendly place

I may have been playing in a quite more protected environment before playing pretty much only World of Warcraft and Kerbal Space Program (oh boy, their forums are like heaven) but I am still shocked pretty much every time I play WoWs to see at least personal insults, racism or any combination of those. If it is not the insults then there are some trolls playing their pranks and being rude in general. That is the case for both the forums and the in-game chat.

So yes, it is a relatively friendly place...

From my experience on playing WOWS I have not seen a single mod for months now, with the rise of clans, bots are coming more and more common as people advertise their communities, BBV was a mod for the whole thing and handled it single handily, but he struggled. I know how hard it is to be a Mod ect. ( I was a mod on EVE online, and still am, but have resigned as an active member, so I only really come in on during big events) and I know how much time it really takes to be a mod, but a lot of the community are retired and have time to kill. My own clan leader is a retired Stg. Major and I myself an ex-navy officers and now our own families have grown up, after of course some type of test/interview, we would be happy to volunteer or do some rejuced deal WG was with current mods.

I play WoWs to see at least personal insults, racism or any combination of those.

Thats one of the Reasons, why i would like to see not only English Moderators because sadly (almost) German Guys tend to throw Insults that nobody wants to hear "Hint: WW2" and some English speaking Mods cant understand what they are up to. But what so ever, thanks Ph3lan for that Statement :) i guess thats gonna be sorted out in a While.

I may have been playing in a quite more protected environment before playing pretty much only World of Warcraft and Kerbal Space Program (oh boy, their forums are like heaven) but I am still shocked pretty much every time I play WoWs to see at least personal insults, racism or any combination of those. If it is not the insults then there are some trolls playing their pranks and being rude in general. That is the case for both the forums and the in-game chat.

So yes, it is a relatively friendly place...

The difference there is that everyone is invested in the game. ie they have payed to play, unfortunatly every free to play game suffers from these forms of trolls and general idiots who think its acceptable to hurl this virtol around the internet, and since its free to play will simply make another account if one is banned.

because sadly (almost) German Guys tend to throw Insults that nobody wants to hear "Hint: WW2" and some English speaking Mods cant understand what they are up to.

I have seen rather the opposite with very harsh discription of the German people, regarding the more recent history in the EU. In the end it's both racism but I can understand the practical reason for German speaking moderators.