Sign in to follow this  
Nagahide

Update 0.6.3. windows XP and vista support

7 comments in this topic

[BANCV]
Players
45 posts
15,371 battles

so at the bottom of update, wg said that they will stop supporting win XP and vista, how is that going to work ?

Players with those operating systems will not be able to install the game ?

I can see how that is going to help the game but i don't know how it works, I have win10 so it's no problem for me, I'm just interested

Important!

With the release of this version, we officially discontinue support of the Windows XP and Vista operating systems. Beginning from Update 0.6.4, these operating systems will cease to be supported by the game client. This decision is based on the fact that the operating systems have become outdated and are no longer supported by Microsoft. This will allow us to optimize the game client for a more convenient and faster operation on modern operating systems, and integrate new graphics technologies in the future.

Players
29 posts
2,260 battles

Given that MS don't support these OS anymore why should WG?

XP is 16 years old

Vista is 11 years old

Its because people play on potato PCs with ancient OS that WG don't build a new game engine (stuck on the WoT old engin) that has better graphics and optimisation.

Players
365 posts
12,880 battles

Yeah, I won't change my OS for this game. A big warm FU to WG team.

Windows 7 is an awesome OS and if you can't change to Windows 7.. then godspeed sailor :child:

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
2,260 battles

Yeah, I won't change my OS for this game. A big warm FU to WG team.

If your still on XP or Vista your a fool.

XP support ended 3 years go, so your PC is wide open to all sorts of vulnerabilities,

Vista support will end in little over a week.

Let me guess you play the game at 800x600, your PC has a "turbo" button, your using AOL on dial-up from a free CD, and you still use Encarta 95? :)

[ALONE]
Players
106 posts
20,670 battles

If your still on XP or Vista your a fool.

Why?

I'm still on Vista and it does everything I want it to. If a game won't work on it then I'll play something else. Still playing Spectrum games via an emulator (damn you Jet Set Willy)

I have a Win 8.1 PC and Win 10 laptop but I prefer Vista.  I also have a Win 98 machine that I use for printing.

• Cool 1

Players
2,588 posts

Why?

You are trying to start discussion with someone who doesn't see past end of his nose...

Sign in to follow this