Tuuletar

Premium Japanese Carrier: Kaga

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

93 posts in this topic

2x4 TBs

Launch time: 2 x 10s = 20s

Service time: 2 x 10s = 20s

Recovery time: ~15s

Overall service time: ~55s

5x2 TBs

Launch time: 5 x 10s = 50s

Service time: 5 x 4s = 20s + ~10s due to longer recovery = 30s

Recovery time: easily 30+ seconds

Overall service time: ~110s

Even if you cut launch time in half Kaga will still need far longer than Hiryu to service TBs.

since when are bobmers serviced one after another? last time I checked on CVs all squadrons were serviced at the same time meaning that only thing that is sort of restricted here is starting planes up and retrieving them.

which cuts your 30 seconds of servicing time to 4 seconds after the last plane is recovered if you want to send planes in waves of everything.

personally I was pretty troubled by kaga being T7 having T6 Torpedo Bombers, but then I've reminded myself that so does hiryuu, and ironically if I recall AA mechanics correctly same sort of "tactic" that I usually udes on hiryuu could yield less [numerical] plane losses on kaga. but even more binary hitrate with either all torps reaching target or none >.>

Posted (edited) · Report post

since when are bobmers serviced one after another? last time I checked on CVs all squadrons were serviced at the same time meaning that only thing that is sort of restricted here is starting planes up and retrieving them.

True, everything was just a rough approximation anyway. Hiryu will still service faster since she only has to land 2 squads, which she can do almost simultaneously.

Edited by El2aZeR

Taking info from sea:

"Flight Control Mod.1 1-1-3 Proportion of carrier aircraft 11-21-53 Flight Control Mod.2 2-2-1 Proportion of carrier aircraft 28-43-14 Fighter squadrons 4 planes/squadron Torpedo plane Squadron 6 planes/squadron Dive Bomber Squadron 6 planes/squadron"

1/1/3 is irrelevant, 2/2/1 is amazing. Though it should be mentioned that in the data on sea, it does state that Kaga's DBs do less damage per bomb than Hiryu. As such 2/2/1 will really be the only viable setup and it looks glorious... it's not the 2/3/1 with 4/4/6 planes I had in mind but it will do just fine.... (with my setup she'd require more skill to play due to the higher amount of squadrons and less planes per squadron but yeah) Now she just needs either the plane survivability mod you get at T9.... or T7-8 planes and she'll be glorious. v.v

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

2x6 TBs is really a weird choice. It was removed from the Americans for a reason (and in return that neutered them). Of course those planes were a lot tougher, but that only means that Kaga will be a sort of ship that either ROFLstomps or gets knocked down massively. Add in DBs that, if the TBs made it through, will also get though. And while the bombs are weak, they will still set a lot of fires.

I don't know what to think about this other than, WG doesn't know what the hell they are doing right now.

Edited by Unintentional_submarine

I don't know what to think about this other than, WG doesn't know what the hell they are doing right now.

Have they ever, really?

1 person likes this

but nobody talks about 48 knots torps? How to kill any dd using autodrops :aqua:

but nobody talks about 48 knots torps? How to kill any dd using autodrops :aqua:

Torpedo pattern is different :

2n0vuh1.jpg

Probably not gonna happen.

What the... that's such a bizairre torpedo drop. WG, what are you smoking these days? You won't hit jack crapwith that pattern, unless you intentionally miss the first few so the more tightly bunched ones behind actually hit the target. I'd rather take the standard squadrons of four TB's over that.

1 person likes this

Have they ever, really?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯argaming.

5 people like this

Does anyone have a guess on the estimated release date?

How long before do the community contributors get the new ships?

Cause im low on gold and im waiting for a bundled options on this baby...

Does anyone have a guess on the estimated release date?

How long before do the community contributors get the new ships?

Cause im low on gold and im waiting for a bundled options on this baby...

? check youtube... lots of vids with the kaga

simply - take two squadrons and cross that autodrop by adjusting angles - and make sure to time it so they drop more less in same time

[gl with evading that]

What the... that's such a bizairre torpedo drop. WG, what are you smoking these days? You won't hit jack crapwith that pattern, unless you intentionally miss the first few so the more tightly bunched ones behind actually hit the target. I'd rather take the standard squadrons of four TB's over that.

teh drop pattern is interestign and if nothing else for sure means that WG is not going to give out easy anti-kaga argument of "but two torpedo bomber squadrons with 6 bombers each were considered OP on high tier USN carriers]

as for hitting crap with that pattern - pretty much every single review on the internet disagrees with you.... what you ar forgetting here is IJN convering spread [among other factors]

? check youtube... lots of vids with the kaga

I watched all the Kaga videos, nothing about the release date (thats why im here). Any more ignorant advice? Edited by kfa

I watched all the Kaga videos, nothing about the release date (thats why im here). Any more ignorant advice?

Ah i missread that the "how long untill CCs get new ships" as a question when they get to review the Kaga... 

kaga , sux none kaga won vs my saipan yet ( well pepe won by team , but still got rekt from me lol , he donated 75 planes for me <3)

kaga , sux none kaga won vs my saipan yet ( well pepe won by team , but still got rekt from me lol , he donated 75 planes for me <3)

was that you or the aa cruisers your where in a division with? :hiding:

Well in the Videos...errrrrrmmmm...I dunno. All those ships turn AWAY from the drop which kind like is the single most stupid idea against the IJN spread. So I'm not sure yet about the viability of that thing. It sure looks nice in the vids.

What WG finally got right is the higher plane reserves. Those are needed on all IJN to keep up with the AA powercreep (and constant buffs to US fighters).