prj1865

XVM like mod?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

28 posts in this topic

Are there any mods like XVM* for WoWS?  I would like an idea in game of which ships I might be able to rely on and who is likely to be useless.

*for those that don't know XVM is from World of Tanks and shows in game the relative skill of players based on a colour scale from red (tomato) to unicum (purple)

https://github.com/wows-stats/wows-stats

YrtiLWj.png

edit: screenshot says 'no active game' because active game has ended, replay system creates a tmp json file containing the player and ship id's this file is used to get current battle info. So yes, this does show stats of your current/active game. 

External application, should run on your second monitor or maybe a laptop next to your main screen if you don't run dual screens. Uses the replay system to get player id's and wg api to access both account and per ship statistics.

I must warn you though, it can be quite depressing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Aaaaaand time to hide my stats again, dont want to be stat chased, thats sucked on WoT.

Edit: Btw, lovely tier 8 premiums with 40% WR, keep the good job guys, my Tirpitz wants some buffs.

Edited by Migulaitor

2 people like this

Soo... is that an WG approved mod and does it tell you this info before/during the game? ..it say last game.

I do find it ironic that people love to show off their stats in the forums and don't like to be recognized in-game :teethhappy:

2 people like this

i do have another program to let me see plewbs in my team with wr, but in other way better dont look , just u kill your mode , when you see how much poor players in team :P

3 people like this

I don't mind people seeing my stats in game. I wouldn't mind having an xvm like mod for me either. That way I could see who I can trust. See who might need guidance/help.

The trouble isn't that - it's the people who become toxic because of xvm mods.

2 people like this

Soo... is that an WG approved mod and does it tell you this info before/during the game? ..it say last game.

It is not a client modification, it's an external application.

wotreplay site also has wows-monitor or something, which is basically the same but just per ship stats and it doesn't require the setup procedure wows-stats has ( you need to register an application id at wargaming to use the WG application interface to retrieve statistical information. 

Aaaaaand time to hide my stats again, dont want to be stat chased, thats sucked on WoT.

Edit: Btw, lovely tier 8 premiums with 40% WR, keep the good job guys, my Tirpitz wants some buffs.

This has been active for a LONG time, if you hadn't noticed it before now you probably won't notice the difference. This isn't a client mod, it requires a quite elaborate setup ( installing node.js, registering developers account for WG, requesting an application ID to use... ). The monitor from wowreplays doesn't require this individual application id, but it only shows per ships stats. 

i do have another program to let me see plewbs in my team with wr, but in other way better dont look , just u kill your mode , when you see how much poor players in team :P

It can be depressing. It is also eerily indicative, when you see people out off position or doing stupid stuff, they are almost always the bad players. Guess that also kind of shows how you don't need to see stats, just look on your minimap and you have most of the information you need :hiding:

I don't mind people seeing my stats in game. I wouldn't mind having an xvm like mod for me either. That way I could see who I can trust. See who might need guidance/help.

The trouble isn't that - it's the people who become toxic because of xvm mods.

If WG would add something like gunmarks, but then more specialized, like indicators which CA's are set up with hydro and which have def. AAA, and then if they are actually GOOD in what they are set up to do.. this would be so much better. And yes, people can use statistics to point out things ( pointing out some baddy has a 45% wr and shouldn't be blaming his team for dying when he doing stupid stuff != toxic btw imho ). And yes, seeing your team statistical performance might make people salty. So again, I rather have WG implement something more useful. 

I do find it ironic that people love to show off their stats in the forums and don't like to be recognized in-game :teethhappy:

ummm, no? Since the main problem is cowards running in randoms I would not mind an xvm mod for others so they can chase me.

+1

I think you should be able to choose to hide your stats, but if you do that's it for good.  No one can see them not even you.

2.5k to reset.

Edited by Hedgehog1963

So on those occasions I've made the bold move of choosing to play in a BB I look around me during countdown to see what flags people are flying.  I'm usually looking to find another BB of same or higher tier who has a clue and who has spawned nearby.  I'm quite happy to get on his stern and follow him and shoot at what he shoots at. Often doesn't workout because he turns out to be a bit of a soccer fan of a person...

if I see a ship with a rank 15or better  and "loadsa signals" or a pirate thingy then I'll follow him and ... it works out well.  Then you see the guy in his Tirpitz with not even the basic camo, and no signals and no flag and you think OK matey you're on your own.

XVM for the boats please!

mmm, no? Since the main problem is cowards running in randoms I would not mind an xvm mod for others so they can chase me.

Was thinking about planes I almost always play solo and with very little specs on AA setup.

And pls no XVM on WoWs, thats toxic

Personally I never felt any toxicity about XVM in World of Tanks and I wouldn't mind having a mod like that, even thought there's already a few handy 3rd party programs that tracks player statistics but they require me to alt-tab :) It's just priceless when you lose a game, finish 1st in your team with far superior base exp than others while having crappy dmg and being a low tier, only to see that everyone in your team was under 45% win ratio and enemy team had 7 superunicums

Still, that's just how MM works and there's a lot of bad players in F2P games and some of them are aware of their bad stats and aren't proud of them, and think it's toxic when somebody takes a closer look at them. It's just like being seriously obese and using all kinds of excuses, trying to hide it and then getting offended when somebody talks about it. I'm fine if someone is just bad, but don't make any excuses and deny the statistics or the fact that for some of us it's more fun to win and perform, rather than get manhandled in every game.

It can be turned positive. If you know someone is "bad" but they listen to chat advice suddenly you can have a very useful asset...

XVM is the reason you have to look at my signature to get to my stats. That thing is poison.

And any XVM-like tool is just as bad as just as poisonous. Sorry, but we've already seen what happened in WoT.

Yes, it's weird how Overwatch and League of Legends has the exact same system as XVM and next to no-one is complaining about it there.

People are always gonna be toxic, because internet. If you're not a good player, why not do something about it?

I don't mind any XVM system at all, if you want to waste 10 minutes chasing me down, go for it.

1 person likes this

Yes, it's weird how Overwatch and League of Legends has the exact same system as XVM and next to no-one is complaining about it there.

People are always gonna be toxic, because internet. If you're not a good player, why not do something about it?

I don't mind any XVM system at all, if you want to waste 10 minutes chasing me down, go for it.

Thats not the point. And dont compare a real FPS to our game.

In WoWs, if you could see all the stats and rating real time, you could go and hunt down the strongest player on the enemy team in your carrier. You could ignore your mates and let them die, only to smoke up the superunicum in your team. And that is what bad for both your less-skilled teammates and the unicum himself.

I did the same in wot, lobbed Conqueror GC shells nonstop on the unicum platoon of the enemy. No regrets.

Thats not the point. And dont compare a real FPS to our game.

In WoWs, if you could see all the stats and rating real time, you could go and hunt down the strongest player on the enemy team in your carrier. You could ignore your mates and let them die, only to smoke up the superunicum in your team. And that is what bad for both your less-skilled teammates and the unicum himself.

I did the same in wot, lobbed Conqueror GC shells nonstop on the unicum platoon of the enemy. No regrets.

Don't compare that cancer game that's called World of Tanks to World of Warships. Even IF XVM was implemented at all, I'd be pretty confident if some people on the enemy team would throw their ships away just to kill me, my team would clean them up pretty quickly anyway.

I'm also talking about Ranked XVM, and not random battles for a start. I'd rather know which of my team mates actually give a damn about winning, so I can trust them doing something useful like not feeding etc etc.

All of the numerophobians in this forum can relax now, since most of them are pretty average anyway. Kek.

Was thinking about planes I almost always play solo and with very little specs on AA setup.

And pls no XVM on WoWs, thats toxic

so long as they COMPLETELY REMOVE the %chance to win a match feature I dont see anything wrong with it

That is so true.

Even IF XVM was implemented at all, I'd be pretty confident if some people on the enemy team would throw their ships away just to kill me, my team would clean them up pretty quickly anyway.

Oh lets explain it, imagine you are playing a dd and you are a super-ultra-unicorn, you go cap with a friendly potato dd, im the enemy Lexi, if I know wich one of the 2 is a better player imagine who will take 21 1k lbs bombs :) So please dont be so cocky.

Thats the reason I usually hide my stats, even more while playing CVs. 

Oh lets explain it, imagine you are playing a dd and you are a super-ultra-unicorn, you go cap with a friendly potato dd, im the enemy Lexi, if I know wich one of the 2 is a better player imagine who will take 21 1k lbs bombs :) So please dont be so cocky.

Thats the reason I usually hide my stats, even more while playing CVs. 

not even neex XVM when you know old players from names :P so already understand to focus what lol

1 person likes this

Personally I never felt any toxicity about XVM in World of Tanks and I wouldn't mind having a mod like that.

As it seems you played a total of 19 matches in WoT (T1 and 2), I can just tell you to play a few hundred more battles and then come back here, and tell us if you still do not find any XVM toxicity in WoT.

1 person likes this

Good players being cocky and calling people "noobs" and "tomatoes" happens sometimes but mostly it is the other way around. If someone starts blaming his team or calling me a noob I bother looking up his stats and like 90% of the time it is some random potatoe.

Those ppl dont need xvm to get toxic

1 person likes this

This post has been moved to Mods section by the moderation team due to wrong section