Jump to content
  • 1
MrConway

MAC Wrapper 2.0

51 comments in this topic

Question

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,803 posts
2,828 battles

Captains,

 

we have some good news for all the MAC users among you, a new version of the MAC wrapper is now available!

 

Attached to this post you will find detailed step-by-step instructions for a new installation and how to upgrade an existing installation.

 

You can download the wrapper here using one of the following regional links:  

 

Please feel free to leave us any feedback you might have here.

 

Disclaimer: As this is a third-party solution, we cannot offer any support in case of problems with the game.

 

 

MacWrapper 2.0 - Upgrade.pdf

MacWrapper 2.0 - New Install.pdf

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
Players
46 posts
12,649 battles
11 hours ago, dr_finistere said:

3.1.0beta4 working just fine here now. Will this version auto update to a stable (non-beta) version?

Well, sorry to say, this beta4 works for 3 to 4 games, then everything grinds to a halt.

This new wrapper leaves many processes behind that have to be killed manually or by a reboot. 

If anyone could arrange for a direct contact to Codeweavers I would be very glad to help debug this.

ps-output-after-game2.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[-FC-]
Players
303 posts
10,830 battles

Thank you - this is a huge improvement.  As well as finally being able to get into the clan & inventory, the graphics glitches are also fixed.  MANY thanks.  

 

Can I ask whether you might consider making a Mac client available for the test server as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[X420X]
Players
5 posts
1,437 battles

Moved to the correct section

 

it wold be of great help if you could mention the version number in the first post.

 

loving the game, thanks a lot

Edited by AtomicMayhem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beta Tester
222 posts
3,153 battles

Thanks for this update of the wrapper, suddenly the game come to a much appreciated level of experience for me :great:

 

Multiple screens and clan tab is now working! :medal:

 

Stability is improving, but still have challenges with every patch update, that one did not disappear though. :hmm:

 

Again, a big thanks to all who have contributed to this wrapper, and still are  :honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[TGF-2]
Beta Tester
9 posts
840 battles

I really wish for better solution without a Wrapper. Its pain in the [edited]. I want  a version that i can just install and play. Why that discrimination against Mac user why?

The wrapper soulution doenst work in my i treied everything. 

Edited by Yasuma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[TEMPX]
Players
9 posts
17,450 battles

After the 0.6.6 update with PvE WE NEED A NEW WORKING AND STABLE MAC WRAPPER....please PLEASE PLEASE.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
145 posts
5,794 battles

Just installed this on my new MBP 15 inch with Radeon Pro 450 2GB. And the client hangs on port .....  Wine is to blame again.

 

Now when I enter a game I get this. Seriously can you fix this? For example in port ships with camouflages are not displayed properly. If you ask me it's about time to make proper Mac / Linux client.

wows_mac.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[TRRC]
Players
635 posts
On 14/6/2017 at 11:15 AM, Koalanetze said:

After the 0.6.6 update with PvE WE NEED A NEW WORKING AND STABLE MAC WRAPPER....please PLEASE PLEASE.

 

 

 

On 13/7/2017 at 10:24 AM, Temeteus82 said:

Now when I enter a game I get this. Seriously can you fix this? For example in port ships with camouflages are not displayed properly. If you ask me it's about time to make proper Mac / Linux client.

wows_mac.jpg

 

That's why I'm building an hackintosh these days... I gave up on wrapper.

Before the new one 2.xx everything was fine, the problems came up once WG dropped Vindovs XP support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
92 posts
1,916 battles
On 31.05.2017 г. at 11:33 PM, Yasuma said:

I really wish for better solution without a Wrapper. Its pain in the [edited]. I want  a version that i can just install and play. Why that discrimination against Mac user why?

The wrapper soulution doenst work in my i treied everything. 

Then your problem is something else. The wrapper is fine.

It would be better with more official support for any problems like some of the other games do, but by itself a wrapper like this will work fine for a lot of games that weren't originally developed with the Mac in mind.

 

I'm running 0.6.8.1 and everything works (Mac Pro 2011, MacVidCards GTX980, NVidia 378.05.05.25f01, macOS 10.12.6), except for one minor graphics glitch if I put the quality really high.

 

On 11.07.2017 г. at 6:05 PM, Temeteus82 said:

Just installed this on my new MBP 15 inch with Radeon Pro 450 2GB. And the client hangs on port .....  Wine is to blame again.

Or possibly crappy Mac drivers for the new videocards.

I'm running with an Nvidia GTX980 in my Mac Pro because they release their own drivers for OSX, which usually are a lot better than Apple's own drivers, especially for ATI/AMD cards.

I really don't like that they don't offer Macs with Nvidia, or do a better job with the drivers themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
145 posts
5,794 battles
1 hour ago, CCRogerwilco said:

Or possibly crappy Mac drivers for the new videocards.

I'm running with an Nvidia GTX980 in my Mac Pro because they release their own drivers for OSX, which usually are a lot better than Apple's own drivers, especially for ATI/AMD cards.

I really don't like that they don't offer Macs with Nvidia, or do a better job with the drivers themselves.

you are running windows via bootcamp or using the client for mac os?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
2 posts
1,152 battles

I can't get the standard version of the game to work on my Mac, nor can I get any of these wrapping recommendations to work. -1 player.

 

What I hate most about this situation is World of Warships used to work great on a Mac, the game is advertised as working on Mac's on the companies own website, yet you can't use the standard version of the client and have to perform loads of hacks just to get it to work. That is not being Mac compatible. When I talk to support and explain my problems they don't have much to say other than the game is not intended to be used for Macs. I would recommend any Mac users do NOT play this game as it is a nightmare to get working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
92 posts
1,916 battles
On 7/23/2017 at 4:42 PM, Temeteus82 said:

you are running windows via bootcamp or using the client for mac os?

I have always been running on OSX.

With the official wrapper: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10631/

 

The US forums seem to have a lot more useful information than the EU forums though. A pity those are separate and I can't post on the NA forums.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/80899-wows-mac-wrapper-bugs-and-feedback-thread/?page=20&tab=comments#comment-3625624

 

I haven't played on my Mac Pro 2011 with MacVidCards GTX980 in a while.

I've recently tried on my new Macbook Pro 2018 with Radeon Pro 560X. It seems to crash much more than on my old Mac.

Three things seem to have made it more stable:

1) Graphics settings to low. This is a pity as the laptop can handle much more.

2) force the graphics card to the discrete graphics. (I use gfxCardStatus)

3) Apply the regedit hack linked above to tell Wine hoe much video memory you have.

 

I will try on my Mac Pro later and see if the game has gotten a lot less stable there as well, I haven't played really for the last 5 months.

 

The game does a lot of crash-to-desktop at what seem to be random moments. The tricks above allow me to at least play a few games between crashes. The laptop is fast enough that I can be back in the game/match in a minute or so, but it's still annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
92 posts
1,916 battles
On 3/8/2017 at 5:29 PM, MrConway said:

Please feel free to leave us any feedback you might have here.

It no longer seems possible to give feedback in that thread, so I suppose we give feedback in this thread now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,803 posts
2,828 battles
On 12/25/2018 at 10:15 PM, CCRogerwilco said:

It no longer seems possible to give feedback in that thread, so I suppose we give feedback in this thread now.

 

Yes, please do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
92 posts
1,916 battles
On 12/25/2018 at 10:08 PM, CCRogerwilco said:

I will try on my Mac Pro later and see if the game has gotten a lot less stable there as well, I haven't played really for the last 5 months.

 

The game does a lot of crash-to-desktop at what seem to be random moments. The tricks above allow me to at least play a few games between crashes. The laptop is fast enough that I can be back in the game/match in a minute or so, but it's still annoying.

It's not really stable on my Mac Pro either.

 

A bit more than on my laptop, but it still crashes at least every other game or so. I didn't play a lot, I don't want to spoil a lot of games for people while testing. But had had something like 4 crashes in 6 matches. Most of them on the end result screen/when the battle ended, so I was able to play some complete matches, while I could hardly on my new Macbook Pro. So it might be a little more stable on my Mac Pro with NVIDIA than on my Macbook Pro with AMD 560X.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
1 post
238 battles

Can someone help me please. I am using the most up to date version of Mac OS and have downloaded the Mac WOW game client. When I try and Launch it, I get a message telling me that the game has been imported into WGC and can't find WGC. See attached for the message

 

If I try and instal the WGC, I can't because, it's a windows programme and not a Mac one. I will not set up a partition and install Windows for security reasons. 

 

Is there a Mac version of WGC or should I just assume that I can't play any of the games unless and until someone bothers to create a Mac friendly version of WGC?

 

Many thanks

Screenshot 2019-03-06 at 18.54.07.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,839 posts
12,677 battles

Hi guys!

 

For those who might experience issues with the current wrapper and tomorrow's update 0.8.3 - please try the following Beta wrapper: Download

 

Please let me know whether this works for you or not!

 

Thanks, Crysantos

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[HF_30]
Players
1 post
5,010 battles
On 4/25/2019 at 6:29 PM, Crysantos said:

Hi guys!

 

For those who might experience issues with the current wrapper and tomorrow's update 0.8.3 - please try the following Beta wrapper: Download

 

Please let me know whether this works for you or not!

 

Thanks, Crysantos

Thanks for the link. 

 

Massive improvement, great to be able to play on Mac again. :) was I so bold as tried fullscreen with medium setting and nearly got through entire game. It loaded and played fine, granted 20-10fps is not ideal. Was 3 of left and when I died and wows64 hung. Not sure could be user error it I still had lots of google tabs open etc and when I exploded it hung. out of memory is my best guess. Works without hassle in Lowest mode. So may be able to get a few games on low settings. Another possibility is that after I forced quit client went into upgrade mode to 8.3.1.1496493.

 

All in all happy but roasted potato

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,839 posts
12,677 battles

Thanks for the feedback, we'll pass it along to the Devs for future improvements.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×