Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
B4zza

Team scores, team panel

12 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
149 posts
13,614 battles

Can you sort it out so we can actually read the names of players please? Such a fundamental thing.

• Cool 6

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Maybe you should elaborate a bit... Where do you want to read the names of the players exactely since you can do it everywhere anyway?

If you mean in a battle... Just hold the ALT key (IIRC).

[UNICS]
Players
149 posts
13,614 battles

Maybe you should elaborate a bit... Where do you want to read the names of the players exactely since you can do it everywhere anyway?

If you mean in a battle... Just hold the ALT key (IIRC).

You know the tab at the end of the game called 'Team Score' listing the teams, experience, kills etc the players name half the time are hidden because of a clan tag taking up the section for name or it is just to long to display. So something like

[CLAN]B4...SHIPICON SHIPNAME

During the match it is OK as you can hover on the players name and it give you the full name. After the game you can't, at this point wanting to send a congratulation message to a player for a exceptional game, message asking if they want to division up you can't if they have a long name or part of a clan. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

As Tungstonid said: Hold [alt] and hover your mouse pointer above the name. Exactly as in the battle interface with your ship, ammo, player panels etc...

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

You know the tab at the end of the game called 'Team Score' listing the teams, experience, kills etc the players name half the time are hidden because of a clan tag taking up the section for name or it is just to long to display. So something like

[CLAN]B4...SHIPICON SHIPNAME

During the match it is OK as you can hover on the players name and it give you the full name. After the game you can't, at this point wanting to send a congratulation message to a player for a exceptional game, message asking if they want to division up you can't if they have a long name or part of a clan. 

Thanks for elaborating and I agree. But it is the same problem with the division windows (the one on the left side in particular). IMO names should always be visible in this cases and I don't see a reason why the division window can't be made a bit wider. As for the endscreen (and team list) ... yes, the windows are already kind of full but I am sure there is a possible solution.

[UNICS]
Players
149 posts
13,614 battles

As Tungstonid said: Hold [alt] and hover your mouse pointer above the name. Exactly as in the battle interface with your ship, ammo, player panels etc...

Just played a battle to test this hold control and I can't get it to work.

During loading I can hover over a player and get the name

During battle I can hold ctrl and hover on a players name and see the full name. 

After battle on the 'Team Score' panel I can't. I can right click and report or compliment, holding ctrl or alt does nothing. 

Now during battle I can look at a name and try to remember it but I am getting old.

Lets take xXx_Blogis_xXx name (hope he doesn't mind). He is in the clan Scrubs. So in game it displays as 

[sCRUBS]xXx_Blogis_xXx

At the end of battle, the best I can do on the 'Team Scores' screen is see this

[sCRUB...

That is what I am being asked to fix or find some solution to. Players names should be visible.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Players
1,350 posts
10,812 battles

Hint: when I really want to know some name from my recent game I look at the replay file header. It is JSON format and is relatively human-readable. 

But of course it is ridiculous that such a simple GUI fix (and reported long ago) takes so many weeks to implement. I am terrified by this WG inertia. Every, even trivial, decision takes MONTHS.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,319 battles

Apparently, we, the players, asked for the clan tag to be put in front... at least according to WG. I for one want to punch whatever person was asking for this feature.

Have made several posts about this already (including the clan feedback thread). It is REALLY annoying to only see clan tags in the division panel. If you want to switch commander, you need to ASK which player is which.

GG WG for not even trying simply trying out stuff before implementing it on live (sometimes I wonder what use the public test and supertest are if WG doesn't actually take any of the info gathered there and if they ever run up the client themselves...).

Apparently WG also thinks I'm stupid and need reminding that all the players in the SCRUB clan channel are from the SCRUB clan, but I guess its too difficult to have the clan tag show up only in specific chat channels. I know I'm a SCRUB, but I'm not THAT dumb :child::trollface:

Edited by Loran_Battle
  • Cool 1

Players
944 posts
5,322 battles

It's good that the clan tag is in front, but it's pretty stupid that you can't see the name even when you mouse over (which shouldn't be necessary to begin with, it's 2017 and everyone has HD screens with plenty of space).

I agree that this should be fixed.

[BAD-A]
Players
15 posts
12,680 battles

Can someone from Wargaming please advise when this will be solved?  We used to be able to float over a players name after the game and see the full name (like at the start) before the introductions of clans.  Also given some of the screen resolutions that I am sure many of us are running at it would be helpful if the game took advantage and painted the names in full for widescreens and high-resolutions.

Sign in to follow this