Sign in to follow this  
Commander_Doom_

Good people of the forum, i need your guidance.

13 comments in this topic

Players
160 posts
5,885 battles

I don't know if i should free Xp the rest of my way to the yamato or not, so i need some opinions on what to do.

So at the moment im saveing up free Xp for the "money printer" itself, but i am ever so close to getting the yamato(aka spacebattleship, aka supreme flagship, aka hotel).

Im not really having problems with the Izumo i seem to be doing pretty good in it,but im not sure if i should use my free Xp to get the yamato now or just grind through the izumo and get the Xp needed.

So i need your guidance people of the Forum

sby2199.png

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,516 battles

Of course you should grind especially if you never use Money to convert freexps.

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Grind.

You even said yourself that you weren't having any problems with the Izumo, so just keep at it. I'm in the exact same boat (forgive the pun) as you. I have 297k free XP saved up, going for the Missouri, and just fully upgraded my Izumo. The thought has crossed my mind, of course, to free XP and get myself a Yamato instantly, but even forgetting about the huge dent that'll put into my Missouri grind... I feel like I'll be missing out on the sense of satisfaction of having ground my way to finally get my Yamato. Will feel cheap.

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

Be a man, and grind it! Plus, if you like her, why skipping it, play with her and have some fun.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Grind. 

Unless there is a special specific reason, grinding is the name of the game. Also, Izumo kind of 'teaches' you Yamato, as it is as much an island as Yamato ( actually Izumo is even bigger ), which prefers bow on tactics, just like Yamato. If you don't like Izumo playstyle, well... Yamato isn't much different with the only exception that it has lolpen capability. 

Players
160 posts
5,885 battles

Grind. 

Unless there is a special specific reason, grinding is the name of the game.

Grind.

You even said yourself that you weren't having any problems with the Izumo,

Don't really see why you set grind up to be a bad word, i have all ways seen it as a neutral word.(just asking)

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,654 battles

Yamato isn't much different with the only exception that it has lolpen capability. 

Dont know about that, Gearing has no problem bouncing Yamatos shells, seen it, and not just once...

Players
35 posts
2,615 battles

I played test server today and tried Izumo to decide whether to skip her or not. I fell in love with Izumo at first game. Despite being my first time player her, I got 2.1k xp and first place. I think it had something to do with my play-style.

This is just my opinion but after trying Yamato for a few games I didn't do as good as Izumo, highest damage I did was 125k damage but that was with potato enemies. I did better tanking with Izumo. Most of the damage was from fire which I dont mind because of dama con 2 + BoS + flag will take care of it.

I made up my mind to play through Izumo and will definitely keep. I will probably just research Yamato to get elite on Izumo.

Test server is up until 28/2 I think so if I were you I'd try the Test server and even play all lines to T10 which I will do until it finishes.

Players
136 posts
2,095 battles

I think if you're having no problems, just grind it. There isn't much point in skipping a ship that you find playable. Also if you're trying to earn enough for the money printer, even less of a reason to use all that free xp. 

Players
160 posts
5,885 battles

I think if you're having no problems, just grind it. There isn't much point in skipping a ship that you find playable. Also if you're trying to earn enough for the money printer, even less of a reason to use all that free xp. 

for some reson im just reading this in my head with sam's voice because of your picture:)
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Don't really see why you set grind up to be a bad word, i have all ways seen it as a neutral word.(just asking)

Grind. 

Unless there is a special specific reason, grinding is the name of the game

Why did you read this as negative? Most FTP games resolve around 'the grind'. 

[WGP2W]
Players
22 posts
13,161 battles

Definitely grind..Izumo is not so bad these days and especially since you find it ok to play with. I got Izumo first time when the stock guns couldn't penetrate anything other than cruiser armor and deck armor was made of gift wrapper and it was doable and once it was upgraded and eventually buffed, I really enjoyed the fast shells it had, often catching cruisers on surprise because how fast they were. To put things in perspective...I've leveled through Baltimore not so long ago and that was a ship I hated with passion. I could not make that ship work for me for the matter of life, playing warship felt a like a chore and with average exp of upper 30k on it well, you can figure how long it took to get to Des Moines. So in the end I used 60k free exp to finish it off. Compared to Baltimore ( in my opinion, I recon there are others out there who make Baltimore shine) Izumo is a fresh breeze :) 

Edited by VictorHuge

Sign in to follow this