Kandly

Super League - Modified Mission Conditions

98 comments in this topic

Players
406 posts
560 battles

Greetings, captains!

As many of you know, we introduced an additional reward for Super League in Ranked Battles Season 6. According to the original idea, any player who reaches Rank 1 would gain access to a special mission. This mission would provide him with one Container for each battle played in the Super League. The intention of this move was to provide a nice reward to those brave souls who have fought their way to the top.

Unfortunately, we have observed a surge of unsportsmanlike conduct in the Super League. Many players decide to leave the battle after loading to get a container immediately without any actual contribution to the match. This situation clearly contradicts the whole idea of Super League missions and prevents conscious players from having fun.

In light of this behavior (and its scale), we decided to take action and change the conditions of these missions. With new rules, a Container will be rewarded only to top-2 players by XP earned in each team. This change will make unsportsmanlike conduct meaningless and protect well-doing players. We also offer an apology to fair players and hope that, when the change takes effect, their experience will be much more pleasant.

We kindly remind you that any conduct that disrupts gaming experience can be treated as violation of Game Rules. We reserve the right to investigate Super League participants battle logs and apply restrictions to their accounts if necessary.

We are constantly monitoring the situation and plan to react accordingly based on the results of this change.

Let's support fair play and fun, especially in the honorable group of Super League participants!

Action Stations! :honoring:

• Cool 3

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

I guess Superleague died right there with those very restrictive rules.

• Cool 13

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,804 posts
8,689 battles

Trying to do something against that unsportsmanlike conduct is a good thing.

But only for the top 2 of each time is far too restrictive.

With that you are cutting out not only the afk-leechers but also almost all of the people playing normally.

• Cool 4

[CN_]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,621 posts
2,625 battles

Cap it by a certain amount of base-XP earned and not on the "top-2" 

Otherwise this will be really frustrating if you reached the third(fourth etc.) place in terms of base xp just by a few points.

for example like this:

Winning team:

1. 1840xp

2. 1660xp 

3. 1658xp  

4. 1439xp

5. 1002xp

------------

6. 874xp

7. 102xp

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,256 battles

Why not give 3 containers for first 2 for second 1 for 3rd and fourth. Still 6 containers shared more equitably.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

Why not give 3 containers for first 2 for second 1 for 3rd and fourth. Still 6 containers shared more equitably.

Just make it "reach 500 base Xp" = get  acontainer.

[-RT-]
Players
23 posts
10,531 battles

No point in playing Superleague, not worth the time

Pretty much, not worth at all wasting time and effort for one lousy container with rewards that are not even worth 100k credits most the time, I'd rather play randoms instead and make tripple the Money per match, potential supercontainers be damned.

Unless there would be actual rewards for actually playing the matches seriously, then people would bother playing it legitimatly.

Edited by CptdanieI
  • Cool 1

[-TWA-]
Players
121 posts
9,763 battles

Why would you punish player who actually play the superleague? Please explain WG.... I don't see any point in playing if the changes will be made.

• Cool 3

[POMF]
Players
513 posts
12,805 battles

Greetings, captains!

As many of you know, we introduced an additional reward for Super League in Ranked Battles Season 6. According to the original idea, any player who reaches Rank 1 would gain access to a special mission. This mission would provide him with one Container for each battle played in the Super League. The intention of this move was to provide a nice reward to those brave souls who have fought their way to the top.

Unfortunately, we have observed a surge of unsportsmanlike conduct in the Super League. Many players decide to leave the battle after loading to get a container immediately without any actual contribution to the match. This situation clearly contradicts the whole idea of Super League missions and prevents conscious players from having fun.

In light of this behavior (and its scale), we decided to take action and change the conditions of these missions. With new rules, a Container will be rewarded only to top-2 players by XP earned in each team. This change will make unsportsmanlike conduct meaningless and protect well-doing players. We also offer an apology to fair players and hope that, when the change takes effect, their experience will be much more pleasant.

We kindly remind you that any conduct that disrupts gaming experience can be treated as violation of Game Rules. We reserve the right to investigate Super League participants battle logs and apply restrictions to their accounts if necessary.

We are constantly monitoring the situation and plan to react accordingly based on the results of this change.

Let's support fair play and fun, especially in the honorable group of Super League participants!

Action Stations! :honoring:

why even bother to even just think about about playing superleague......

Quality Poster
3,368 posts
8,384 battles

So let me get this straight:

Players in Random misbehave for quite some time now due to AFKing and other stuff, but you guys couldn't be bothered.

But in Superleague it is now super urgent that you need to punish all players (misbehaving, potential-misbehaving and good players) instantely? 

Why not tell us, that you just didn't like the idea of that many containers being given out?

Greetings

• Cool 4

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

Previous super league

Tier 10

+100% XP + 200% money

Current not so -Super League

tier 5

Container for 2 top exp earners

Damn love the way WG nerf rewards every season telling us "look how awesome those rewards are"

And remember it is container , 3 flags, 50k , 3 "R" or other versions :trollface:

Edited by KaraMon
  • Cool 3

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Previous super league

Tier 10

+100% XP + 200% money

Current not so -Super League

tier 5

Container for 2 top exp earners

Damn love the way WG nerf rewards every season telling us "look how awesome those rewards are"

Plus the new amazing upgrades instead of flags, 10M creds and some doubloons.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,567 posts
20,725 battles

I have proposition :

- Super Container will be rewarded team win the game.

i thinks the players will play well :).

edit: i have change.

Edited by youti44

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

I have proposition :

- Super Container for 1 top exp earners

No, you just kill any kind of teamplay.

BTW, first player between 14 ranks 1 for 600k credits? :trollface:

Edited by Migulaitor

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

Unfortunately, we have observed a surge of unsportsmanlike conduct in the Super League.

So WG cut off the prizes for ranked battles (doublons, credits, signals, etc).

But if you manage to get into 1 rank you cannot have 1 container for every battle in SL. Because you know. 4 signals is just WG's pocket draining too much........

Salt off.

I would to see a proper in-game tutorial for making this game more "sport-like". Right now we have many "bots-like" people that don't know what is the difference between HE and AP.

But I don't want videos or text. People won't learn from that. But tutorials like "hit citadels 10 times in different ships" etc etc.

• Cool 2

Players
14 posts
7,053 battles

I have proposition :

- Super Container will be rewarded only to top 1 players by xp earned in each team

ZERO teamplay

Players
23 posts
9,447 battles

So basicly if u do this containers only for 2 top players, there is completly no reason to play this, coz u will get much more from just normal random game. The idea of doing 500 exp is good in my opinion, it will remove afkers from container gaining list, but still award players playing SuperLeague

[FMP]
[FMP]
Players
71 posts
7,124 battles

Actually its unfair change, and doesnt let Rank 1 players, who are playing actively, to get rewards for matches. Why wouldnt make you a certain XP limit that is affordable for all players. And only cut-off afk ones? Its much easier to set pre-set xp amount to get in game, and make AFK-ers not afk but do something, rather than leave match.

Players
23 posts
9,447 battles

I have proposition :

- Super Container will be rewarded only to top 1 players by xp earned in each team

this will kill teamplay, coz noone will smoke team or something, just play for themselves.

Alpha Tester
60 posts
8,451 battles

What if you give a container only if a player gets a kraken? That way you can be sure they are playing correctly and doing their best.

• Cool 2