You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MWOMA

Fake chat bans have to be fixed

46 comments in this topic

Players
18 posts
13,289 battles

This post has no shaming or naming nor re-posted because its completely rephrased. Thus there is no reason to close it.

It seems that till this moment there is no efforts at all to detect fake report and fake chat-bans which are common and widely abused in my opinion.

Anyone can punish any player that outplayed him with fake reports leading to a fake chat-ban (especially if they were a division where they can 3x7 fake report you). A solution must be found and justice have to be restored, otherwise it is ridiculous.

Links of the previous closed threads to have a complete follow up of the story:

Closed 1: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/74761-unfair-chat-ban/

Closed 2: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/74781-unfair-chat-ban/

Edited by MWOMA

[SLOTH]
Players
3,041 posts
5,057 battles

STOP.

REPORT.

ABUSE.

WG only you can help us, stop these people from breaking the game

Edited by txtspeak
  • Cool 1

Players
18 posts
13,289 battles

STOP.

REPORT.

ABUSE.

WG only you can help us, stop these people from breaking the game

I like your new hashtag

# Stop Report Abuse 
  • Cool 1

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

I like your new hashtag

# Stop Report Abuse 

It is just a chat ban.

Just carry on. Live your life. Don't waste your time and your emotions for some random idiots.

If someone is stupid, he will be even you might try to change it.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,022 posts
14,014 battles

It is just a chat ban.

Just carry on. Live your life. Don't waste your time and your emotions for some random idiots.

Its not about the chatban, its about the fact that it can be abused by butthurt salty seapotatos for a negative effect on someone who has kileld them, said something they didnt like or doesnt like they want you to.
  • Cool 4

Players
18 posts
13,289 battles

It is just a chat ban.

just a chat ban ??????

chat is just as significant in this game as any consumable.

chat can make the difference between win or loss, it does severely affect the game-play.

I would rather for radar to be stripped off my ship than being banned me from chat.

a decent or above player knows how to use the chat to change the course of the battle to his favor.

Edited by MWOMA
  • Cool 3

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

report system is a customer support mechanism in which players can rage against other player with insignificant report and think they made a difference, instead of raging to customer support about that player. they will not change this so you must learn live with it...

[_GG_]
[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,917 battles

I have a solution for you: don't spam or troll the enemy. If you think chat is important and useful for communication between your team use it for that, and only for that. I guarantee you won't get a single chat ban ever.

• Cool 3

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

just a chat ban ??????

chat is just as significant in this game as any consumable.

chat can make the difference between win or loss, it does severely affect the game-play.

I would rather for radar to be stripped off my ship than being banned me from chat.

a decent or above player knows how to use the chat to change the course of the battle to his favor.

I agree with you.

But then I look into this game and I'm thinking about all those battles I've played. And I disagree with you.

Most of the time (I would say 80%) you cannot make random guys put into teammates just to text them in chat.

Many players do not read it. Many don't understand english.

So if players are not good the texting them won't change the gameplay. Sadly.

I do not say chat is useless. I often use it. I flame sometimes but have never had chat ban.

Players
18 posts
13,289 battles

I have a solution for you: don't spam or troll the enemy. If you think chat is important and useful for communication between your team use it for that, and only for that. I guarantee you won't get a single chat ban ever.

sure ? 

cause I once got a chat ban for being 2 minutes afk due to pc had brain freeze and loaded slowly until I eventually restarted the game

so is that considered trolling or spamming?

Edited by MWOMA

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,479 posts
8,746 battles

till you torp some bb sucker who will the report you for misbehaviour in chat because its the only report that actually does anything

I have been reported more times than I can shake a stick just because you sink some sucker who feels that I must have cheated to have killed him

the report system is fubar but the worst that can happen is to get a chat ban

• Cool 2

[MCREW]
Weekend Tester
477 posts
6,343 battles

Don't think I ever recieved reports. Assuming it shows in notifications (like in Corvis sig) and as karma going down. Looking at how OP likes to adress this however, I wouldn't be surprised if he has recieved some of my reports too ingame.

Edited by ajappat

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,479 posts
8,746 battles

Don't think I ever recieved reports. Assuming it shows in notifications (like in Corvis sig) and as karma going down. Looking at how OP likes to adress this however, I wouldn't be surprised if he has recieved some of my reports too ingame.

tells you after the game if you check the logs in bottom right of screen thingy

it gives -1 to karma which means diddly squat to anyone and anything

some things in this game are a complete and utter waste of time and do absolutely nothing and the karma is the top of the tree for that

[MCREW]
Weekend Tester
477 posts
6,343 battles

tells you after the game if you check the logs in bottom right of screen thingy

it gives -1 to karma which means diddly squat to anyone and anything

some things in this game are a complete and utter waste of time and do absolutely nothing and the karma is the top of the tree for that

Yeah, karma is useless, but I check it every now and then for the lols and I don't remember it ever being less than last time I checked.

Every time someone is raving about unfair chat bans, it turns out he being super annoying in the chat at the very least.

• Cool 2

[_GG_]
[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,917 battles

sure ? 

cause I once got a chat ban for being 2 minutes afk due to pc had brain freeze and loaded slowly until I eventually restarted the game

so is that considered trolling or spamming?

You... Don't... Get... Bans... From... Just... One... Battle... :facepalm:

You never have, not in wot, not in wows. If you are getting constant chat bans you are constantly doing something completely stupid because I don't ever remember getting a single report even after torping brainless idiots from whatever position, nor has my friend who plays CVs from all ships.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

That's Trumpsh*t.

You don't need to anything but play to get reports.

Fair month ago in one match didn't even have anything to comment about own team's battleships saying only usual focusing fire to closest/lowest hp enemy and after the match karma was three lower.

Highly suspiciously enemy team had division of three same clan players.

I finished division's player in Graf Spee with stray torp launched at smoking Farragut and in late game finished that DD.

Heck, few months ago in one match enemy division of Isokaze and Kamikaze R just didn't learn to stay away from BBs screened by my Gremlin.

So after few minutes both had taken beating and then finished them in relatively short time.

After that Kamikaze player went full abusive in chat and after the match was greeted by announcement of two reports.

Checking replay actually own team Kamikaze R had done same in chat during that action when he stopped in front of enemy Gremy's torpedo getting nuked.

You get announcement of only compliments/reports done during the match.

Those done from match result screen don't give that.

• Cool 1

Players
18 posts
13,289 battles

You... Don't... Get... Bans... From... Just... One... Battle... :facepalm:

You never have, not in wot, not in wows. If you are getting constant chat bans you are constantly doing something completely stupid because I don't ever remember getting a single report even after torping brainless idiots from whatever position, nor has my friend who plays CVs from all ships.

you are just speaking out of your mind ......

I have 15 karma points currently which reflects the compliments to reports ratio and I always get banned for a specific reason in a specific battle 

[_GG_]
[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,917 battles

That's Trumpsh*t.

You don't need to anything but play to get reports.

Fair month ago in one match didn't even have anything to comment about own team's battleships saying only usual focusing fire to closest/lowest hp enemy and after the match karma was three lower.

Highly suspiciously enemy team had division of three same clan players.

I finished division's player in Graf Spee with stray torp launched at smoking Farragut and in late game finished that DD.

So, your karma got lowered, but you didn't get a chat ban straight away just from three reports by one division, now did you? Case and point proven, one idiot division isn't enough to chat ban you, you ned to accumulate those reports over a longer time, and if you always keep your mouth shut in chat except for when actually helping your team it's HIGHLY unlikely you'll ever get a ban, let alone multiple bans in a row, which is what OP seems to have achieved. No one gives a rat's [edited]about karma, you're the only one who can even see it anyway.

• Cool 1

[_GG_]
[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,917 battles

Having said all this, though, I too do feel like the option to report chat abuse is pointless and we don't really need it at all. I'd much rather have an option like unsportsmanlike conduct in tanks, which can give automated actual bans, but the threshold is MUCH higher, and really requires you to be a total douche for games on end to actually achieve one.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,022 posts
14,014 battles

You dont get notifications for chat reports, only for bad play. You can get reported 7 times by a potato player who is mad you torped him and wouldnt even notice until boom you get the chatban out of nowhere.

Also, bad play reports dont count towards chatbans. The ones in my Sig are all reports i got from sinking people with carrier or oneshotting broadside CA's .. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

I got chat banned for ranked, though i do deserve it for playing with potatoes.

Oooor you might deserve it for, you know, calling everyone a potato when the game isn't going your way...

Everyone plays wiith potatoes but somehow (repeating) chat bans are a problem only for select few. PERHAPS it's them who do something wrong, after all?

• Cool 1

Players
1,078 posts
8,085 battles

Oooor you might deserve it for, you know, calling everyone a potato when the game isn't going your way...

Everyone plays wiith potatoes but somehow (repeating) chat bans are a problem only for select few. PERHAPS it's them who do something wrong, after all?

Was going to post about the same thing. While I agree it's bad if a system can be abused, somehow it's always a small number of people who're having trouble with it. 20 years and counting in online gaming, never been banned for a single day.
  • Cool 1

4,906 posts
9,400 battles

Hmmmm am I the only one not ganking my teammates in ranked if they do bad?

Heck I even had fun with all 14 participants in my last ranked battle today. Despite annoying the enemy with my Balancedfast. Great banter and I met some new players to play with!

Guess I'm a super special potato!

Greetings

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

well i know to rage in chat about team (mostly about camping and not pushing), just i am not a**hole about it. and imagine what i have 129 karma and have never been chat banned.. and only had 1 instance where i got -7 karma...

and in ranked it is almost impossible to get negative karma unless you behave like retarded kid and insult everyone..

• Cool 2