MWOMA

Unfair chat ban

14 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
18 posts
13,057 battles

So while I was playing my gearing, there was a Chapayev division (2 chapayevs + kagero) who were trying to hunt me and chased me to the edge of the map. However, I sank them all. Seemingly they got offended because I outplayed them and they 7x3 reported me and  got me an unfair chat-ban. 

is it allowed to upload the replay here ? cause something have to be done and justice has to take place !!

This is frustrating, now am unfairly chat banned and if this wont stop it will happen again and again, anybody is going to report and unfairly punish the player who outplayed him because he can !!!!!

Update: I had a quick look at the forum rules and didn't find anything saying that replays cant be posted, so here is the like for the replay:[edited]

Minute 13:    I sank the 1st Chapayev, typed in my first and last words in the battle "radar deleted" (which is not a curse or an insult) and probably got reported here.

Minute 8:48: I sank the 2nd Chapayev (probably got reported here too), and here I realized I got chat banned and started using F# hotkeys for the rest of the battle.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles

I don't know how to help you but pls report this to WG. 

At least you won the game thanks to this stupid players.....quite sure you did.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Three things:

1. The maximum amount of reports is 7 per player per day, not 8. Multiple reports from one player against another do not count so you must have a backstory which might justify the ban.

2. You could have used one of the existing threads to inform yourself what to do and what not.

3. Posting a replay here is futile. If you are really that bothered by it, send it to the support. However, I can tell you what will happen. They will tell you that they are sorry but can't lift the chat ban because reasons. Maybe they'll add to come to the forum and open a thread like this but as I said... posting it here is pretty much useless.

And unless there is sufficient evidence in your replay how they have abused their ability to report you (which in itself should not be possible, see point 1) the support won't do anything about your supposed offenders

[PNAVY]
Players
18 posts
13,057 battles

Three things:

1. The maximum amount of reports is 7 per player per day, not 8. Multiple reports from one player against another do not count so you must have a backstory which might justify the ban.

2. You could have used one of the existing threads to inform yourself what to do and what not.

3. Posting a replay here is futile. If you are really that bothered by it, send it to the support. However, I can tell you what will happen. They will tell you that they are sorry but can't lift the chat ban because reasons. Maybe they'll add to come to the forum and open a thread like this but as I said... posting it here is pretty much useless.

And unless there is sufficient evidence in your replay how they have abused their ability to report you (which in itself should not be possible, see point 1) the support won't do anything about your supposed offenders

Yeah sorry typo, its 7 so (7x3) not much difference after all.

and for the multi report are you sure ? cause the comment below you says otherwise.

Beta Tester
231 posts
4,456 battles

Multiple reports do indeed work. I´m pretty sure as me and my m8 chat banned an [edited] today.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Yeah sorry typo, its 7 so (7x3) not much difference after all.

and for the multi report are you sure ? cause the comment below you says otherwise.

Now I am not so sure anymore. Thought I read that somewhere...

But nontheless, the other points should still be valid. We can't help you, support can't help you.

Someone in the other thread said the worst thing you can do is come to the forum and open a topic like this. If the division sees this thread they know they at least annoyed you with their action.

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Multiple reports do indeed work. I´m pretty sure as me and my m8 chat banned an [edited] today.

well if he legitimately was being an [edited] then wouldnt he have a history of being reported?
Edited by RogDodgeUK

Beta Tester
231 posts
4,456 battles

Maybe ^^ Can chatbanned ppl still send PMs after battle ? because he was mega salty like an ocean. Think he got one :D

Edited by el_bloom
  • Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,239 battles

as wg say "working as intended"

or as us the players say complete bollocks because it should be max 1 report per player per game but hey its only a chat ban and lets be honest here most of the time the chat is full of [edited]

question to them that's been chat banned = does it also count for ranked battles because chat in ranked is a must

Edited by RogDodgeUK

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

Maybe ^^ Can chatbanned ppl still send PMs after battle ? because he was mega salty like an ocean. Think he got one :D

no, if he sent a PM to you he wasn't banned at all.

[PNAVY]
Players
18 posts
13,057 battles

as wg say "working as intended"

or as us the players say complete bollocks because it should be max 1 report per player per game but hey its only a chat ban and lets be honest here most of the time the chat is full of [edited]

question to them that's been chat banned = does it also count for ranked battles because chat in ranked is a must

yes you can be chat banned in ranked as well
Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,316 battles

No, chatban is global, so you cant even send in port.