Sign in to follow this  
ulcusrodens

the "ban by complaints" division gangbang

12 comments in this topic

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

honestly, i'm not all delicate in game chat. i admit it.

BUT, what happened a minute ago left me speechless...

some clan kid divisioned with 2 mates starts calling me coward and other nonsense because i was trying to reposition my Amagi - avoiding being roasted by 2 tier 10 DDs and a tier 10 CA. i had 10% HPs, 50 seconds to go for my last repair party and there was an enemy tier 9 carrier still alive and full of planes. to cut the story short, i managed to stay alive, helped disposing of the last enemy ships (killed 2 myself), ended with 140k damage and we won. just to say that after all i wasn't playing that bad.

the (dead, of course) kid kept flaming, and i simply answered something like [edited], and went on playing. i tried to tell something to a teammate while we were flanking their last ship, and suddenly i found out i couldn't. reason: banned for complaints.

now, please, explain me in simple words that even i can understand how on earth can a game allow this kind of bullying. apparently, it's sufficient to play in a division and simultaneously report a player for whatever reason to ban him for 24 hours from using chat (thing i wouldn't care less about if only there weren't actual reasons to use it other than whining after being killed) 

now, before the emo police comes in and tells me how rude and terrible and childish and violent i was, just think about it. a [edited] to the wrong player costs immediate ban, while a little dead [edited] complaining about everything his former teammates do can do whatever he wants  - in absence of a coordinated reaction.

does it make any sense?

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

I do think that it takes more than three reports to be chatbanned so you must have some history.

But what can you do?

Also there just was/is similar discussion floating around you might want to search and look into.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts

honestly, i'm not all delicate in game chat. i admit it.

BUT, what happened a minute ago left me speechless...

some clan kid divisioned with 2 mates starts calling me coward and other nonsense because i was trying to reposition my Amagi - avoiding being roasted by 2 tier 10 DDs and a tier 10 CA. i had 10% HPs, 50 seconds to go for my last repair party and there was an enemy tier 9 carrier still alive and full of planes. to cut the story short, i managed to stay alive, helped disposing of the last enemy ships (killed 2 myself), ended with 140k damage and we won. just to say that after all i wasn't playing that bad.

the (dead, of course) kid kept flaming, and i simply answered something like [edited], and went on playing. i tried to tell something to a teammate while we were flanking their last ship, and suddenly i found out i couldn't. reason: banned for complaints.

now, please, explain me in simple words that even i can understand how on earth can a game allow this kind of bullying. apparently, it's sufficient to play in a division and simultaneously report a player for whatever reason to ban him for 24 hours from using chat (thing i wouldn't care less about if only there weren't actual reasons to use it other than whining after being killed) 

now, before the emo police comes in and tells me how rude and terrible and childish and violent i was, just think about it. a [edited] to the wrong player costs immediate ban, while a little dead [edited] complaining about everything his former teammates do can do whatever he wants  - in absence of a coordinated reaction.

does it make any sense?

The thing is, these sorts do it all the time but they never know they have got you banned until you go to the forum and tell everyone. Now try to imagine three acne ridden, bedroom dwellers laughing their spotty heads off at you and congratulating themselves that their immature plan worked.

Just ignore and never let them know they succeeded.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,432 battles

See now I ain't exactly well known for my tact and diplomacy in chat... Ahem... But I have never had a chat ban and currently have 93 karma...... Go figure....

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

The thing is, these sorts do it all the time but they never know they have got you banned until you go to the forum and tell everyone. Now try to imagine three acne ridden, bedroom dwellers laughing their spotty heads off at you and congratulating themselves that their immature plan worked.

Just ignore and never let them know they succeeded.

you definitely have a point :ohmy:

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

See now I ain't exactly well known for my tact and diplomacy in chat... Ahem... But I have never had a chat ban and currently have 93 karma...... Go figure....

where do you see those karma points ??
Edited by VooDooZG

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

the curious thing is that the times i've (sadly enough) engaged into chat brawls nothing has ever happened, while i've been banned various times for absolutely insignificant things like the one above or even less (without any offensive word). i'm not a conspiracy theorist, but i've had the impression that some player (i don't know how nor if anything similar exists) is charged with "chat moderation" powers, and ban people at their will. damn, i've been banned once because i told someone "stop whining and stay dead" (literally. in a very similar situation as the one described in the OP) and some other guy complained about "us two" like some obtuse primary school teacher...
Edited by ulcusrodens

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
972 posts
10,905 battles

where do you see those karma points ??

In game, go to profile, select the Service Record tab and you will see a number at the end of your name.

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

In game, go to profile, select the Service Record tab and you will see a number at the end of your name.

my karma is zero. i've reached nirvana.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,135 posts

my karma is zero. i've reached nirvana.

same :P allot report me for cheat, hack , when play cv, when they get devasted , all stuff coming , for me easy get chat ban,,,