You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___NO_NAME__

Limited number of DD's in a battle

94 comments in this topic

[SZMER]
[SZMER]
Players
5 posts
5,068 battles

You should provide a limited number of a DD's in a battle like you did with an arty in WoT. 5 of them each side is too much. It would make the game faster and get more action because players in other ships wouldn't be afraid of getting torpedoes from 6 km and 5 different directions for the first 4 minutes of the game and therefore encourage them to taste the fun of sailing not on the edge of the map... so PLS limit DD's in one game to at least 3.

Sorry for my bad English i hope u know what i mean. 

Best regards

[D_R_M]
Players
873 posts
15,555 battles

I do not think this is a serious problem. I rather think that DDs are a bit weaker now than they were about 18 months ago. If the DDs dominate the battle it is simply because to few players play cruisers to counter them. 

• Cool 2

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,309 battles

I remember playing DDs in CBT, no one knew how to wasd-hack yet so launching torps from 8km was more often than not a guaranteed hit, even on cruisers.. :D

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I do not think this is a serious problem. I rather think that DDs are a bit weaker now than they were about 18 months ago. If the DDs dominate the battle it is simply because to few players play cruisers to counter them. 

Hope... Restored :)
  • Cool 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,914 posts
3,824 battles

k5SSQ9k.png

Short answer: No
Long answer:

You should provide a limited number of a DD's in a battle like you did with an arty in WoT. Because WoT random battles is not at all campy nowadays with a stale meta of heavies and TDs cowering behind corners:hmm: DDs are really not comparible with SPGs so it is somewhat irrelevant anyway.

5 of them each side is too much. How so? And why only with DDs? Because you play 65% of your games in BBs and DDs are supposed to be your counter?
It would make the game faster and get more action because players in other ships wouldn't be afraid of getting torpedoes from 6 km and 5 different directions for the first 4 minutes of the gameand therefore encourage them to taste the fun of sailing not on the edge of the map...
This is A. a massive over exageration of the amount of torps actually in game. Firstly because in 90% of the time DDs are the first to die. Secondly it is because DDs often have other priorities early in the game like capping. Thirdly because you present it like some unavoidable doom for the sad 'victims'. It is not. If you get torped from 3 different sides you are massively out of position and aren't maneuvering enough and therefore deserve it. B. It doesn't even take into account that cruisers and BBs also get torps. C. I have never seen any evidence in a game without (or with less) DDs that it 'becomes faster' or that people suddenly radically change their playstyle. BBs are still the main threat for BBs, or are you arguing the bow on reverse meta came to be because they are afraid of getting penned by torpedoes? BBs will camp no matter what, just like in WoT.

So no, don't limit DDs. I really don't get why people are saying DDs are encouraging camping and that if there were less DDs BBs would suddenly find their courage. I've seen no evidence in any games I've played without DDs or with few DDs. In the past we had threads about CVs encouraging camping yet today there are barely any CVs and BBs still stick to the edge of the map. The problem is not with DDs or CVs or BBs but with player mentality. Some people are perfectly capable of playing a BB while pushing and exerting pressure on the enemy team without being immediatly gunned down by DDs. DDs are just an excuse, not the actual reason, for people to hang back. BB players are too risk averse in this game because they can just sit at 20km plingin away at enemy BBs and cruisers without getting hit hard in return and it really hurts teamplay.

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,360 battles

Well ok, after we limit BBs to 3 per side. 

Please don't do that.

Sincerely yours,

DD Skipper

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,945 battles

65% BB - 14% DD player who's perfectly happy with 5 BB's a side hammering a couple of Cruisers.

Move on, nothing to see, just another BBaby crying because someone torpedoed their little ship.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
784 posts
5,252 battles

You should provide a limited number of a DD's in a battle like you did with an arty in WoT. 5 of them each side is too much. It would make the game faster and get more action because players in other ships wouldn't be afraid of getting torpedoes from 6 km and 5 different directions for the first 4 minutes of the game and therefore encourage them to taste the fun of sailing not on the edge of the map... so PLS limit DD's in one game to at least 3.

Best regards

It is rare that there are totally 10 (5 dds each team), but usually i see 1-3 dds each team and sometime 4 dds each team. For me, DDs aren't big problem and there are many ways to counter them.

[HELLN]
Players
64 posts
8,974 battles

Please don't do that.

Sincerely yours,

DD Skipper

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Beta Tester
306 posts
6,464 battles

2 capital ships (BB/CV), 4 cruisers, 6 DD's per side per match, that's probably the most economic realistic setup I think?

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles

2 capital ships (BB/CV), 4 cruisers, 6 DD's per side per match, that's probably the most economic realistic setup I think?

6 DDs? hell no. it should be limited by 3.
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

6 DDs? hell no. it should be limited by 3.

just as BB'S.

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles

like you did with an arty in WoT

​What's  an Arty?

[HARF]
Players
24 posts
4,167 battles

To me it seems more realistic with many destroyers in game since in most (if not all) navies there where more DD's than other types of ships.:hmm:

Edited by Anax7

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

The equivalence of the artillery limitation in WoT is the WoWs limitation of CVs.

There are generally more BBs than DDs in games. Even considering that, the influx of DDs is caused by the influx of BBs, since a greater number of BBs means a lower number of CAs and CLs, which means a greater number of DDs because there are fewer dangerous ships for DDs, and more ships that are easier to hit.

Alpha Tester
244 posts
10,652 battles

There are also games with 5-6 cruisers per team. You know how much fun that is to BB's and DD's.

Players
2,248 posts
14,326 battles

You should provide a limited number of a DD's in a battle like you did with an arty in WoT. 5 of them each side is too much. It would make the game...

One of the major counters to Japanese DDs is other DDs.  Is this what you want, to see Japanese DDs with free rein?

[SNLA]
Players
99 posts

First rule: Don't you ever EVER talk bad about dd's on this forum,  particularly if you are a BB player.  Not about nerfing, that they are OP or about any reduction of them during battle. In fact don't talk about them at all, unless it's about worshipping and buffing.

Second rule: First learn rule number one.

:honoring:

Players
2,248 posts
14,326 battles

First rule: Don't you ever EVER talk bad about dd's on this forum...

The current Fubuki is a bad DD.

See, that wasn't so hard.  :trollface:

Edited by Culiacan_Mexico

Players
533 posts
2,205 battles

To me it seems more realistic with many destroyers in game since in most (if not all) navies there where more DD's than other types of ships.:hmm:

but the problem is the destroyers in game are more powerful than a real destroyer to make it more balanced. Trust me 1 destroyer would have no chance vs a crusier. 3 destroyers would struggle. And vs a battleship. They wouldn't even get close except when super Yolo lucky. The secondaries would rip it to pieces miles away. Secondaries had to be cleared before destroyers could launch torps. Add to that in reality the torps were a one shot affair. Yes destroyers are OP compared to their real life versions more so than the other classes. 

So fewer destroyers is more realistic since a destroyer is equal to about 3-5 real life destroyere.

I would agree there should be a hard limit of 3 or 4. As games with 4 are pretty dam dull imo. Also the lack of counters to them makes them pretty op. 

By counters j mean counters people actually use to counter them... not ships which are meant to counter but spend their time lobbing shells 20km at battleships.

However you wont get much agreement on here as a huge majority are destroyer players and want to stay top of the food chain. :)

So yeah I would be down for limits on destroyers. The best games are with a few battleships cruisers and 2 or 3 destroyers each.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

There are also games with 5-6 cruisers per team. You know how much fun that is to BB's and DD's.

LOL Muh poor BB has to many cruisers to shoot at........

:rolleyes:

Edit: and as long as they are not all radar cruisers my dd's don't really mind either.

Players
60 posts
2,657 battles

I pretty much exclusively sail battleships, I do also have a few cruisers and as for there being too many DD's, yes at times it feels that way but i don't think there should be many changes tbh. I've lost count of the times I've seen smoke near a cap and went bow on in my ships (Tirpitz mostly currently) and sailed head on into smoke making said DD sh*t himself.

So in short no don't put a cap on a DD as there are always ways of dealing with them, sail in a wolfpack, use consumables if you have them or like me just yolo bow on into smoke.