You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlinga

Zlinga Gaming - YT channel - feedback and suggestions are most welcome

16 comments in this topic

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Greetings fellow captains!

So last year The Mighty Jingles had a contest where he asked people to make videos of either WoT or WoWs. I did not end up making a video for the contest, but from about that time I started recording a lot of my battles in WoWs. A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to give the video making thingy a try, so I did.

Up until now, I have made 6 videos. The first video was the opening of 7 supercontainers I had opened over a few months. The rest are in a series I call "Just A Moment", where I feature one to four funny, sad, crazy, incredible, stupid, etc. moments in a game into a video. Later on, I want to add short "How to" videos, initially to show how to set up the "HUD", minimap, different settings, etc.

Here is the first video I made, opening supercontainers:

And here is the last episode of "Just A Moment":

Great battles is a new series featuring gameplay videos of different great battles. This is the last video in the series so far:

As the title suggests, I am very happy for any feedback or suggestions you can give me. I am new to running a YT channel, so my question is, what do I do now? Where do I go from here? How can I grow my channel?

I was thinking about maybe having a 100 subscriber contest/giveaway or something. Once the channel reaches 100 subscribers, I will give away 30 days of premium in WoWs to one of the subscribers, maybe they enter by commenting on one or more videos? I am open to suggestions, and would love to hear from someone with experience with this!

Edit: Feel free to comment in this thread, or on my YT channel, or directly by email: zlingagaming@gmail.com

Edited by Zlinga

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Also another thing. One of the difficult parts of making videos of moments in the game, is getting enough moments. Up until now, the moments have all come from video I have captured, and also one person who has sent in a few replays. Does anyone know if I am allowed to download replays from sites like wowreplays.com, and use it in my videos? Do I have to ask for permission from the site owner or uploader of the replay? Also, what about moments from a stream on twitch? I would assume the correct thing to do here is to contact the streamer and ask for permission to use portions of the stream in a video?

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

We have all been there. The day where anything can happen. The good, the bad and yes, the unfair.

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

We have all had moments where we scratch our head on ask why people do what they do.

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Sometimes things just go to slow, so you decide to "YOLO" it. This episode is dedicated to the times when you decide to just push (to hard?).

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Episode 4 of "Just A Moment" features a few good and bad moments of dodging torpedoes (or the lack of).

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Episode 5 of "Just A Moment" shows a few moments when destroyers enter ninja mode and get up close and personal with battleships!

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Episode 6 of "Just A Moment" is dedicated to the "Double Strike" achievement. (Double Strike - Destroy 2 enemy ships. The second target must be destroyed within 10 seconds after the first one. Can be obtained several times per battle.)

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Episode 7 of "Just A Moment" is called "Magic Destroyers" and gives a few examples of damage saturation:

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Killing enemy ships in World of Warships is great. Dealing a great amount of damage in a single salvo and killing them, is even better! This episode of "Just A Moment" features "Devastating Strike" (Destroy an enemy ship with a single artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal HP.).

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Detonation can be great, and it can be terrible. Depending on who is detonated (Detonation: Receive damage to the magazine, resulting in detonation.).
This video is dedicated to those who don't use the "Juliet Charlie" signal flag (-100% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonating.

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

This episode features some elegant gameplay in World of Warships. Not only does it look good, but it is also very effective. Maybe there also are some luck involved?

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Why settle for a double kill, when you can have the triple? Everyone know that three is better than two. Or as we say in Norway, "All good things are three" (Alle gode ting er tre).

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

Today I have a video from a new series. This one is called "Great battles" and features gameplay of just that, great battles. The first one up is a battle I had in the Nürnberg, not to long ago. The title of the episode is "The comeback". We had lost 5 ships early on and the enemy only lost 1. My team were forced back to our own cap and we were more or less surrounded. But a friendly Cleveland and my self had other plans.

[TROLL]
Players
18 posts
2,337 battles

In this video I highlight the achievement It's just a flesh wound ((Destroy any enemy ship after your ship has been destroyed.):