Sign in to follow this  
SmartassNoob

Tier 4 american premium BB?

4 comments in this topic

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Go to this page and look at the picture: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-062/

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a lot like the Wyoming, but the middle turrets are gone and replaced with a catapult?

Is that some random artwork, or am I to understand that a ship like this actually existed and that it might end up in the game? Explain.

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
69 posts
9,947 battles

I think it's a New York Class, just number 3 turret is hidden , either New York or Texas, in 1926 they got that refit:

From wikipedia

"Tripods were fitted in place of the lattice masts, and atop the forward tripod a control tower was installed. A tower was built amidships that contained additional fire control to backup the system on the foremast. A new aircraft catapult was installed atop turret Number 3, and cranes were installed on either side of the funnel for boat and aircraft handling."

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Oh. :( That'll never happen here then. A whole bunch of BBs had catapults on turrets, but programming that is apparently too difficult for WG.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles

Go to this page and look at the picture: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-062/

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a lot like the Wyoming, but the middle turrets are gone and replaced with a catapult?

Is that some random artwork, or am I to understand that a ship like this actually existed and that it might end up in the game? Explain.

As both New York and Texas are already in the game and no other US BB had this 5x2 configuration with 14-incher probably not.

Sign in to follow this