You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TurtleSpot

Carpet Bombing and Walls of Topedoes

298 comments in this topic

[KAVE]
Players
88 posts
10,291 battles

This is my first post.  I now stop playing the game because I get frustrated and angry.  What is the point of playing a game that makes you angry.  I am so tired of having walls of torpedoes from carriers and destroyers constantly coming towards me.  This game is not balanced.  It doesn't take skill to aim torpedoes. I have  a Hosho carrier that I never play, a Nagato climbing up to a Yamato, a Omaha climbing to a Des Moines, a Gneisnau, a Bismarck, and a Kurfurst.  I also have 16,000,000 in credit and 686,000 free credits and captains with 17 but nearly 18 skills, one with almost 13 skills, two with 10 skills, and one with 8.  I have not bothered renewing my premium status.  Even with all this I became so angry and frustrated that I tried to delete my account only to find that they require all kinds of personal information before they will delete it; in other words making it as difficult as possible

The balance has shifted to the destroyers.  What is the point of having Hydro when you can't even get close enough to use it.  What is the point of having a Shimakaze destroyer being able to fire 15 torpedoes at you that are impossible to avoid.  I'm also curious as to why there is a torpedoes warning a few seconds before they hit.  What is the point.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I'll save everyone here the trouble:

40% WR

82% BB

BB bashing upsets me as I love the class and wouldn't be playing if they were not in the game. Still tho unfortunate for this guy.

Maybe the game is a little un balanced but for the average kiddie a bit of education and smart play goes a long way.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
656 posts
4,510 battles

I'll save everyone here the trouble:

40% WR

82% BB

Was just about to look it up, anyhow, lets give him a chance.

This is my first post.  I now stop playing the game because I get frustrated and angry.  What is the point of playing a game that makes you angry.  I am so tired of having walls of torpedoes from carriers and destroyers constantly coming towards me.  This game is not balanced.  It doesn't take skill to aim torpedoes. I have  a Hosho carrier that I never play, a Nagato climbing up to a Yamato, a Omaha climbing to a Des Moines, a Gneisnau, a Bismarck, and a Kurfurst.  I also have 16,000,000 in credit and 686,000 free credits and captains with 17 but nearly 18 skills, one with almost 13 skills, two with 10 skills, and one with 8.  I have not bothered renewing my premium status.  Even with all this I became so angry and frustrated that I tried to delete my account only to find that they require all kinds of personal information before they will delete it; in other words making it as difficult as possible

The balance has shifted to the destroyers.  What is the point of having Hydro when you can't even get close enough to use it.  What is the point of having a Shimakaze destroyer being able to fire 15 torpedoes at you that are impossible to avoid.  I'm also curious as to why there is a torpedoes warning a few seconds before they hit.  What is the point.

So, you say that these ships and weapons do not require skill? Have you tried playing them before? Trust me, if I actually hit anything with torpedoes in high tier games in my DD by firing at the given 'shoot here for hits' line, I laugh my pants off! On a side note, your stats are not really, erhhh... good?

I reccomend watching the following series on youtube, they might help you feel better about WoWS:

Hope this helps! ^^

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
20,414 posts
12,542 battles

If you stand before a tree and claim that it is a wall that is blocking our path, it is not the trees fault.

• Cool 19

[THROW]
[THROW]
Weekend Tester
992 posts
5,602 battles

Meanwhile I have to take a shower every time I finish a match in BB as I feel dirty. Seriously, lately I don't even have to switch shell types for DDs just AP them to hell - even with overpen I take half of their hp in a salvo.

If you adjust your course every 30s there's basically 0 chance of getting torpedoed. Your rate of fire is low for a reason (and not so you can eat while playing - which I usually do though).

• Cool 4

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,954 battles

I now stop playing the game because I get frustrated and angry.

Good decision, because players like you, who are completely resistant to learning and ignore their own incompetence, are what makes me angry and frustrated in this game. Regrettably that describes some 70% of the playerbase :(

littosun.png

• Cool 20

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

Oh look, its monday. What a fitting topic to start a new round of our favourite game!

(best thing is, he covered half of the card with a single post :D )

bbbingo.jpg

• Cool 22

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,548 posts
7,017 battles
-leave-GIF.gif

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

If you stand before a tree and claim that it is a wall that is blocking our path, it is not the trees fault.

That tree is OP and should be nerfed...:P

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,548 posts
7,017 battles

I have a solution for that right here

christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_b

• Cool 3

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Oh look, its monday. What a fitting topic to start a new round of our favourite game!

bbbingo.jpg

Im a simple person I see BBabyes bingo I press like :D

Players
453 posts

Oookay. No. I've taken a look at your stats and they're abysmal. 37% win rate in the Kurfurst and 30k average damage? I'm sorry, you have no clue how to play the ship and the attitude you're showing, blaming others over your own failings, hints at your inability to understand this.

A player who understands their ship and how it's played will not, over a significant number of games, go lower than around 47-48% win rate on it. You seem to play the Fuso well, 57 matches at 54% win rate (although that average damage makes me wonder how). But then you have the most horrible stats in the german line... it's almost as if you're consistently yolo-rushing to caps/into enemy team and get feasted on by torpedos/focus fire. If you don't live long you can't do much damage. And even german hydro isn't a license to brainlessly rush forth and damn the torpedos.

I don't know what you're doing in-game, but I can tell you that, regardless of destroyers, you're flat out not doing the damage you should be doing. In literally every ship I've looked at you should be doing twice the damage output on average than you are. And one of the main culprits I see is a bad main battery hit ratio. 20% MBHR on a battleship? That's low. Someone like me, with 60% global win rate, is sporting 30+% hit ratio for the same ships.

I'm going to give you some advice. It is up to you whether you want to listen to me or not. My signature links my stats if you want to judge me by the same token.

- Look up some youtubers like Flamu, iChaseGaming, Aerroon and see a few videos on the ships you're using. Listen to their commentaries, see how the ships are being played. And compare them to how you typically play them. Bonus for also paying attention to ship and captain builds.

- Go into Coop with the sole goal of practicing gunnery. If you're not hitting at least one shell with nearly every salvo or otherwise straddling the enemy ship consistently, you need more practice. 25% hit ratio on battleships is acceptable. Trust me, you need this. You're just a damage and xp piñata if you can't hit your enemies.

- Play the ship classes/trees that give you the hardest time (you complain about Shimas? Try playing japanese DDs). By understanding how they play you also understand how to counter them. (Yes, that's why I kick butt)

- Above all, open your mind to the infinite possibilities presented to you by realising you have the tools at your disposal to finally learn how to actually play the game and win if you reach for them.

Good luck, have fun and I hope my post gives you some food for thought to help you get over the hole you got stuck in.

• Cool 10

[KAVE]
Players
88 posts
10,291 battles

So, you say that these ships and weapons do not require skill? Have you tried playing them before? Trust me, if I actually hit anything with torpedoes in high tier games in my DD by firing at the given 'shoot here for hits' line, I laugh my pants off! On a side note, your stats are not really, erhhh... good?

I reccomend watching the following series on youtube, they might help you feel better about WoWS:

Hope this helps! ^^

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote, that I have "a Omaha climbing to a Des Moines".  I know how easy it is to hit a battleship with a destroyer and do a manual with a carrier.

I'll watch the videos, thanks.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,911 posts
9,233 battles

Yep.  Sail in a dead straight line at constant speed gets you torpedoed.  Blame the game.

• Cool 1

[KAVE]
Players
88 posts
10,291 battles

Oookay. No. I've taken a look at your stats and they're abysmal. 37% win rate in the Kurfurst and 30k average damage? I'm sorry, you have no clue how to play the ship and the attitude you're showing, blaming others over your own failings, hints at your inability to understand this.

A player who understands their ship and how it's played will not, over a significant number of games, go lower than around 47-48% win rate on it. You seem to play the Fuso well, 57 matches at 54% win rate (although that average damage makes me wonder how). But then you have the most horrible stats in the german line... it's almost as if you're consistently yolo-rushing to caps/into enemy team and get feasted on by torpedos/focus fire. If you don't live long you can't do much damage. And even german hydro isn't a license to brainlessly rush forth and damn the torpedos.

I don't know what you're doing in-game, but I can tell you that, regardless of destroyers, you're flat out not doing the damage you should be doing. In literally every ship I've looked at you should be doing twice the damage output on average than you are. And one of the main culprits I see is a bad main battery hit ratio. 20% MBHR on a battleship? That's low. Someone like me, with 60% global win rate, is sporting 30+% hit ratio for the same ships.

I'm going to give you some advice. It is up to you whether you want to listen to me or not. My signature links my stats if you want to judge me by the same token.

- Look up some youtubers like Flamu, iChaseGaming, Aerroon and see a few videos on the ships you're using. Listen to their commentaries, see how the ships are being played. And compare them to how you typically play them. Bonus for also paying attention to ship and captain builds.

- Go into Coop with the sole goal of practicing gunnery. If you're not hitting at least one shell with nearly every salvo or otherwise straddling the enemy ship consistently, you need more practice. 25% hit ratio on battleships is acceptable. Trust me, you need this. You're just a damage and xp piñata if you can't hit your enemies.

- Play the ship classes/trees that give you the hardest time (you complain about Shimas? Try playing japanese DDs). By understanding how they play you also understand how to counter them. (Yes, that's why I kick butt)

- Above all, open your mind to the infinite possibilities presented to you by realising you have the tools at your disposal to finally learn how to actually play the game and win if you reach for them.

Good luck, have fun and I hope my post gives you some food for thought to help you get over the hole you got stuck in.

It does.  I'm not here to have a go at someone.  I will take advice because I'm clearly not enjoying this game at the moment.
  • Cool 5

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote, that I have "a Omaha climbing to a Des Moines".  I know how easy it is to hit a battleship with a destroyer if he sails in a straight line and do a manual with a carrier who start turning when he see the torps.

FIFY 

And Omaha is a cruiser.

And consider playing other ship classes it will help you a lot.

I tried to teach my father how to play during this weekend, with good result except the part of trading shots with a BB in a japanese DD, watatake (tier 3) against wyoming. Its incredible how much can somebody improve with just a bit of help on basic concepts. Start turning before the TB drops the load, the meaning of each numbers when you aim and the circles on the minimap, turn a bit every 15-20 seconds, right click after firing, check minimap all the time, angle against enemy... so proud of him, he will be an amazing purple unicorn :P Btw his max tier is 5, played a couple of game on my Bis, 80k damage...those BBs are just broken.

Edited by Migulaitor
  • Cool 2

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,954 battles

I know how easy it is to hit a battleship with a destroyer and do a manual with a carrier.

You think you know a lot more than you actually know, which is close to nothing. You are a thoroughly terrible player with no understanding of the game whatsoever, and unless you admit that sad truth to yourself and start to improve, it will forever remain so. So please stop deceiving yourself.
Edited by Kruzenstern

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote, that I have "a Omaha climbing to a Des Moines".  I know how easy it is to hit a battleship with a destroyer and do a manual with a carrier.

I'll watch the videos, thanks.

As bad as you play you don't know anything to be "easy".

I mean, seriously how delusional can you manage to get? Your average damage in your highest tier torp based DD is 3.7k.. AT FCKING TIER 6! You're not even sinking 25% of a same tier DD and you're pretending to know "how easy it is" to hit BBs with DDs? With your astonishing 3% torp hit rate?

I mean, even you being one of the most atrociously terrible players I've yet to see manage 19k in a tier 6 BB. Ie, you do 400% more damage in BBs.

And just as ridiculous is your claim to know how easy it is to land hits with a CV, given your amazing experience with 9 battles at tier 4, losing all but one of them and sinking less than half a ship per game.

Dunning-Kruger doesn't even begin to describe such utter ignorance mixed with total arrogance... tier 10 BB doing tier 3 damage and believes it's the other ships being OP instead of realising what an utter failure he is.

Players
1,721 posts
17,117 battles

It does.  I'm not here to have a go at someone.  I will take advice because I'm clearly not enjoying this game at the moment.

One more advice: You tiered up too quickly. Stay at low tiers until you get better results. It's easier to learn stuff when you don't get deleted after 3 minutes. You can start at 1 with a cruiser or DD line or both, that teaches you how to counter-play this when in a BB.

Premium time is nice and all, but it leads to people who play at a too high tier for their skill level.

• Cool 4

[NED]
Players
4,379 posts
12,066 battles

Was about to say the same thing as Ze-R. I'll try to poke through your frustration OP. Please: next time strike a gentler tone in your post. That'll help you far better than spewing acid all over the place. IMO as well you've rushed through the tiers way too fast. You nearly only have German BB experience. Who are actually not at all bad with AA. But maybe you've skipped the skills of dodging. Turning, speed changing will help you avoid more torps and even bombs. 0 torps is better than 1. 1 is better than 2 a.s.o. torps. Also: CV"s aren't that common in the higher tiers. Lately somewhat more but quite rare in my experience. If faced with a CV: try to stick together more closely to combine the AA's on the ships. You're also heavily depending on your CV skills. As a rule of thumb: if you're not bothered with planes, compliment your CV because he's doing his job. Even if you don't see it. And yes: if you have the TLC of the enemy CV who knows what he's doing and you are isolated: that's a b*tch. But still: keep doing evasives! and don't put out the fire from the bomb shower immediately! Even if you have 4 fires going (fire damage can be healed back for a very great deal): if you do: the CV will come after that and make his torp run so you'll flood to the bottom. An able CV player will always bomb first and torp later. And finally: man up. We've all been there. it's like being focussed down to the ground by the reds. Happens to all of us.

[SLOTH]
Players
3,041 posts
5,235 battles

bbbingo.jpg

why dont you ever fill this board in?

we're too lazy to do it ourself

[AMOK]
Players
17 posts
4,870 battles

I have a solution for that right here

christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_b

Best constellation ever!

Thx, guys!

[KAVE]
Players
88 posts
10,291 battles

View PostMigulaitor, on 20 February 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

FIFY 

And Omaha is a cruiser.

And consider playing other ship classes it will help you a lot.

it has torpedoes.  I have played all types a lot.  Maybe I'm just too stupid to get it.

View PostKruzenstern, on 20 February 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

You think you know a lot more than you actually know, which is close to nothing. You are a thoroughly terrible player with no understanding of the game whatsoever, and unless you admit that sad truth to yourself and start to improve, it will forever remain so. So please stop deceiving yourself.

Maybe it's a good reason to get my account deleted.

View PostAgarwaenME, on 20 February 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

As bad as you play you don't know anything to be "easy".

I mean, seriously how delusional can you manage to get? Your average damage in your highest tier torp based DD is 3.7k.. AT FCKING TIER 6! You're not even sinking 25% of a same tier DD and you're pretending to know "how easy it is" to hit BBs with DDs? With your astonishing 3% torp hit rate?

I mean, even you being one of the most atrociously terrible players I've yet to see manage 19k in a tier 6 BB. Ie, you do 400% more damage in BBs.

And just as ridiculous is your claim to know how easy it is to land hits with a CV, given your amazing experience with 9 battles at tier 4, losing all but one of them and sinking less than half a ship per game.

Dunning-Kruger doesn't even begin to describe such utter ignorance mixed with total arrogance... tier 10 BB doing tier 3 damage and believes it's the other ships being OP instead of realising what an utter failure he is.

What you don't of course know is why I have played in a certain way and why I experiment a lot.  One of the reasons for a low hit rate is that I shoot a lot at destroyer while using a battleship.  They are very difficult to hit from a distance.  Of course, I can hit them when I'm closer, but then, there are always those torpedoes coming my way.

Your post is quite nasty, there really is no need for this.

View PostZe_Reckless, on 20 February 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

One more advice: You tiered up too quickly. Stay at low tiers until you get better results. It's easier to learn stuff when you don't get deleted after 3 minutes. You can start at 1 with a cruiser or DD line or both, that teaches you how to counter-play this when in a BB.

Premium time is nice and all, but it leads to people who play at a too high tier for their skill level.

You may be right.

View PostFerry_25, on 20 February 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Was about to say the same thing as Ze-R. I'll try to poke through your frustration OP. Please: next time strike a gentler tone in your post. That'll help you far better than spewing acid all over the place. IMO as well you've rushed through the tiers way too fast. You nearly only have German BB experience. Who are actually not at all bad with AA. But maybe you've skipped the skills of dodging. Turning, speed changing will help you avoid more torps and even bombs. 0 torps is better than 1. 1 is better than 2 a.s.o. torps. Also: CV"s aren't that common in the higher tiers. Lately somewhat more but quite rare in my experience. If faced with a CV: try to stick together more closely to combine the AA's on the ships. You're also heavily depending on your CV skills. As a rule of thumb: if you're not bothered with planes, compliment your CV because he's doing his job. Even if you don't see it. And yes: if you have the TLC of the enemy CV who knows what he's doing and you are isolated: that's a b*tch. But still: keep doing evasives! and don't put out the fire from the bomb shower immediately! Even if you have 4 fires going (fire damage can be healed back for a very great deal): if you do: the CV will come after that and make his torp run so you'll flood to the bottom. An able CV player will always bomb first and torp later. And finally: man up. We've all been there. it's like being focussed down to the ground by the reds. Happens to all of us.

Actually, I wrote the post after having been taken out in 5 minutes in a few game in a row.  There is no enjoyment in that.

I will take your advice. Thanks

I tell you something I have noticed about players.  There are a lot that hide and stay away from the action.  There are a lot of cruisers that wait for like taking the kill when others have taken all the risks and reduced the HP.  There are a lot who keep ramming me and forcing me to take a path I didn't want to.  And there are a lot that say one thing, but then do another leaving you high and dry.

And frankly, I really don't understand what the win percentage tells you what a player is like.  A player is the slave to how the other players do.  I just love the way clan members are always calling everyone noobs.

I also think that as its a game, it also needs to be enjoyable.

Players
453 posts

I tell you something I have noticed about players.  There are a lot that hide and stay away from the action.  There are a lot of cruisers that wait for like taking the kill when others have taken all the risks and reduced the HP.  There are a lot who keep ramming me and forcing me to take a path I didn't want to.  And there are a lot that say one thing, but then do another leaving you high and dry.

And frankly, I really don't understand what the win percentage tells you what a player is like.  A player is the slave to how the other players do.  I just love the way clan members are always calling everyone noobs.

I also think that as its a game, it also needs to be enjoyable.

I'll take the win rate question.

Here's the thing. What is the ONE element that is common to every match you play in? That's right. You.

Whenever you play, in order to win you and your team have to perform match-winning tasks better than the other team's. These may be damage, spotting, kills, capturing bases, whatever. Anything that contributes to winning. Since it's a 12v12, each player is expected to, on average, do 1/12th of the match-winning tasks.

And this is where win rate comes into play. If you're doing exactly 1/12th, then your win rate will be about 50% or close to. If you're doing more than that, your win rate will be higher. Less than, lower. But this is a long term tendency, not a short term one, and of course it can tend higher if you get better as a player or tend lower if you get worse.

In the short term, win and loss streaks are normal regardless of how good or bad you are. I've had matches where I killed literally HALF the enemy team and STILL LOST. Likewise, I've done major potato moves, gotten deleted without doing much of anything and still won. Crap happens. :D

But in the long term, all the short term issues are ironed out and the average is somewhat reliable. My own personal benchmark is about 50 matches in a ship to make it statistically significant. Statistics theory indicates as low as 30 can be, IIRC. The same logic applies to other stats like average damage, but only win rate really encapsulates whether you're contributing to victory.