You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
roadstar

Match Making. Belfast in Rank Battles

36 comments in this topic

[SNF]
Beta Tester
14 posts
22,140 battles

Very annoyed in match making. players getting frustrated in match making of premium ship Belfast in rank battles. Due to them sitting in smoke with radar, unable to see or get near them. if they have 2 Belfast`s they just alternate there radar. I have to complain myself that it is not fair in most cases of the recent games that I have played. this print screen says it all with 2 BELFAST ships on the same team, with NON on the other. Would it not be better to put a Belfast on each side. MMs sort it out, getting well P^SSED OFF WITH MM.

PLEASE DO SOMTHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE. OR ARE YOU GOING TO COVER IT UP IN SMOKE?

shot-17.02.19_21.24.38-0691.jpg

Edited by roadstar

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

Play DD, torp the smoke?

Play BB, shoot the smoke?

I guess there is an even chance whether the Belfasts end up on your team or on the other team.

But I guess you wouldn´t be complaining if you were on the other team?

Edited by Tekacko

Players
7 posts
1,705 battles

My guess is that the enemy pensacola was Flamu. That didn't really increase your chance of winning. On top of that i don't see how you can blame the other sides belfast for the poor results from 4/7 players on your team.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

My guess is that the enemy pensacola was Flamu. That didn't really increase your chance of winning. On top of that i don't see how you can blame the other sides belfast for the poor results from 4/7 players on your team.

1. Flamu is OMNI on EU Server

2. Flamu would not bring the Pensa into a ranked game, at least not with his known accounts

@topic

MM worked fine and according to its rules

Shipclasses are mirrored

Shipnations are mirrored if possible (enough in the queue at the time)

Since Fiji and Belfast are the same ship for the MM (UK Cruiser) you got your mirror in the Fiji.

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles

2. Flamu would not bring the Pensa into a ranked game, at least not with his known accounts

*AHEM*

This is the match.

And as we can see in this video, the Belfasts were absolutely annoying, but they weren't the reason for that result.

Unsurprisingly we do see the OP rushing a large smokecloud and gets utterly demolished by the combined team.

That said though, evening out the radar and smoke cruisers would go a fair distance towards helping in general.

Edited by Unintentional_submarine
  • Cool 7

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

*AHEM*

ok

:hiding:

Had a few worse in Akatsuki, 5 Belfast vs a bunch of Yorck and Pepsi et

I would like to see a screen of this because this is not possible.

Edited by LilJumpa
  • Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

*AHEM*

This is the match.

And as we can see in this video, the Belfasts were absolutely annoying, but they weren't the reason for that result.

Unsurprisingly we do see the OP rushing a large smokecloud and gets utterly demolished by the combined team.

That said though, evening out the radar and smoke cruisers would go a fair distance towards helping in general.

Nice find

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Ranked MM is fair and balanced. :hiding:

PoqXFSS.jpg

(Had a few worse in Akatsuki, 5 Belfast vs a bunch of Yorck and Pepsi etc)

Fiji is outperforming Belfast and you are in the best destroyer .  So yes, unbalanced.

Players
136 posts
2,118 battles

I must be the odd one out here, I've barely seen the Belfast in game. When I have they usually die fast. I'd rather see the Belfast than more German BB's any day, then I'd have a reason to use the spotting plane. Or generally anything that isn't a German BB. 

Weekend Tester
477 posts
4,742 battles

Fiji is outperforming Belfast and you are in the best destroyer .  So yes, unbalanced.

By what trait? Cos belfast is outperforming fiji in average dmg and winrate in ranked games.

Edit: Infact only stat fiji does outperform belfast, is torpedo hit rate.

Edited by ajappat

[CLADS]
Players
200 posts
4,417 battles

I am sure you can back this up with some relevant stats about ranked.

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles

*AHEM*

This is the match.

Heh. OP made very good example of overhyping the Belfasts. Game goes wrong: oh, Belfasts OP! :panic_fish:

And when we look at the stats:

ruiG0R7.png

there is nothing special in Belfast win rate. It is lower than Saipan's and similar to Shiratsuyu. Only ~1% higher than "nothing special" Myoko (ARP Nachi). And also Myokos show how big are statistic errors here: WR difference between Nachi and ARP Myoko (identical ships) is the same as between Nachi and Belfast. Dragons, Ashigaras and other Myokos are well below 49% - still same ships... just different players :sceptic:

Belfasts are permanently attacked in their small smoke clouds, and rely on being smoked by "real smokers" almost as much as any other cruiser.

Even on this YT video we can see how easily a Shiratsuyu can push Belfasts out of smoke (one exited instantly, and the other which chose not to - got torped). And without smoke Belfast is just a paper, slow, big target, with "non-RN" AP, without torps and without heal.

Also even in smoke, but without spotting Belfasts are blind and useless, so this video also shows how important team play is for them.

Of course, if a single DD without any support charges at 2 belfasts + pepsi + nagato + scharnhorst at 7km... Well. :red_button:

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
477 posts
4,742 battles

And also Myokos show how big are statistic errors here: WR difference between Nachi and Myoko (identical ships) is the same as between Nachi and Belfast. :sceptic:

People who own Nachi, play a lot more. It's also not played by many players. Both Nachi and Flint have very low sample size and very specific group of players playing them.

Edited by ajappat

Players
408 posts
4,215 battles

@topic

MM worked fine and according to its rules

Shipclasses are mirrored

Shipnations are mirrored if possible (enough in the queue at the time)

Since Fiji and Belfast are the same ship for the MM (UK Cruiser) you got your mirror in the Fiji.

he just released a video showing him doing just that:hiding:

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
957 posts
9,505 battles

You were in a Shira and could literally outspot everything all day long. You sat in smoke didnt you? He radar'd you right? I see.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

By what trait? Cos belfast is outperforming fiji in average dmg and winrate in ranked games.

Edit: Infact only stat fiji does outperform belfast, is torpedo hit rate.

Maybe I've got Randoms in mind...  Carry on.

Players
2,380 posts
15,503 battles

Nice to see myself in a screenshot :D 

:great:

There was lot's of salt from the Fiji's and Nagato in chat. Multiple Belfast's without a radar counter or massive 10km torp walls/spam can go anywhere and do anything uncontested.

Players
533 posts
2,205 battles

That enemy team were not coordinated. They needed to either sit back and make the enemy move. Or all move together. That sharn did a good charge but his team needed to move with him. Other than that wow.... hella  boring match. That guy also never stops waffling... I had to watch on mute :facepalm:

I wouldn't say Belfasts won that match. I'd say the enemy lost it.

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles

People who own Nachi, play a lot more. It's also not played by many players. Both Nachi and Flint have very low sample size and very specific group of players playing them.

This is exactly what I tried to say (here and in a similar thread earlier). Citing only average stats for a ship is not enough base to tell whether the ship herself is OP. There is much more variables in that, so for example one kind of Myoko can have WR 48.7%, and the other - identical ship - can have 52.3%. Much depends on who drives the ship, and against who. If daddy buys kid a Belfast, the kid will be bashing other kids in their nooby DDs on early Monday afternoon - sure. However in ranked, in a bit higher bracket (say, starting from rank 10), nothing of this will be possible. Even in usual randoms at a bit later hour the same Belf will more frequently meet much more skilled grownups in their T8-T9 boats.

Some YT video made by a unicum pro player who selected his best battles (frequently in a suitable division with other unicums) - is not a good example or proof of OP-ness, either.

For now, I didn't see any special advantage of Belfast in ranked. They are usually matched against other Belfasts or a similar Fiji. Much more important for the win is the player driving DD, especially if there is only 1 DD per team.

Players
108 posts
4,344 battles

And when we look at the stats:

ruiG0R7.png

there is nothing special in Belfast win rate. [...]

Yes there is. Because you have to earn ships like the Shiratsuyu, Flint and Hiryu. The fact that a premium ship accessible for everyone can outperform an ellegible OP ship only driven by veterans should say everything. 

Yes there are ways to counter Belfasts.. But it is incredibely easy to do well in this ship. => therefore OP

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles

Yes there is. Because you have to earn ships like the Shiratsuyu, Flint and Hiryu. The fact that a premium ship accessible for everyone can outperform an ellegible OP ship only driven by veterans should say everything. 

Yes there are ways to counter Belfasts.. But it is incredibely easy to do well in this ship. => therefore OP

What do you mean by "outperform"? Have higher WR? So one identical Myoko "outperforms" the other? :trollface:

"Is incredibly easy" ... against who? Some nooby suicidal T5-T6 DD or an overextended lone BB? Maybe. So what? If you don't have SUPPORT and the enemy at least a bit knows what he's doing you are useless in Belfast. 

So far you have only  4 games in Fiji out of all T7+ RN cruisers, 2 of which in a division. Try more (solo)... :sceptic:

Players
84 posts
9,216 battles

What do you mean by "outperform"? Have higher WR? So one identical Myoko "outperforms" the other? :trollface:

"Is incredibly easy" ... against who? Some nooby suicidal T5-T6 DD or an overextended lone BB? Maybe. So what? If you don't have SUPPORT and the enemy at least a bit knows what he's doing you are useless in Belfast. 

So far you have only  4 games in Fiji out of all T7+ RN cruisers, 2 of which in a division. Try more (solo)... :sceptic:

But it's logical, and yes by WR. Anyone can buy Belfast, the fact that people who worked for their T7 ships have lower WR than literally all who can buy one as soon as they download the game means the ship is on average stronger.

As for ARPs-farming Nachi took a lot more determination than Myoko, therefore I assume people that got it are more experienced/skilled.