You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnirf

Have you changed your FreeXP usage after Missouri?

Changes in your uses of FreeXP  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Have the Missouri FreeXP thing made you change your use of FreeXP

• No the Missouri thing have not changed my habits
    • I am a little more cautions and grind more the stock hulls etc
    • I am only using freexp for the very catastrophic grinds
    • I grind everything to save FreeXP as much as possible for future ships
  2. 2. Do you have the Missouri?

• Yes
    • No but I will
    • No and I am not grinding for it
  3. 3. If you have Missouri how do you do w FreeXP in the future?

• I will save to be prepared if the Missourithing is repeated
    • No Missouri was a one time thing
    • Dont have missouri
  4. 4. If you grind for Missouri or other future release do you convert XP?

• I never convert
    • I convert only when it is an offer and then limited amounts
    • I convert when I need regardless of offer
    • I convert huge amounts so I am always prepared
  5. 5. If you do not have Missouri how will you do in the future

• Save Free XP if its a ship that I want and not use it to something else
    • Save Free XP for a ship that I want but still use it now and then
    • No change will not save FreeXP for a ship too expensive
    • Have Missouri not applicable

31 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles

One thing that has crossed my mind after the Missouriaffair with 750000 FreeXP as demand is I have started to be more cautious in usage when I grind the ships.

In various comments I at least have been given the impression that it might be other ships that might be bought this way..

Therefor whether you now grind for Missouri or have started again with a new "savings account" I am wondering if you are as generous with the FreeXP as before or if you are influenced by the Missouri affair.

Personally I am grinding far more the stock hulls even at the horrible ships and FreeXP an entire ship is not an option.

But I have lots of premium camos from the Santas boxes which eases the grind.

It is for me not a problem to buy FreeXP because I have lots of XPs that can be converted but I have so far been more inclined to spend doubloons on premium account for the indirect buff to FreeXP than to convert directly. I am curious how you others do. I have Missouri now but I want to have some for future use and to only use when really necessary not just when the grind is boring or slightly annoying, my bar has been significantly raised. I also play Anshan and Tirpitz w FreeXP camo bonus just for FreeXp increase, lots of NY Camo gives it but they will run out after some months.

I know there are several aspects so I have made 4 questions there are certainly many alternatives and variants but I see them as a point of discussion.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,135 posts

ye , i save up now more free xp , tought can buy another missouri , but prob will use some at start new lines to skip low tiers

[CATS]
Players
14,746 posts
10,882 battles

I did not change my behaviour. I used Free XP only for very serious cases of stock grind and only for a part of it. That is reason I got Missiouri without converting Free XP and I am at 100k Free XP again after 6 weeks.

But I try to use the Free XP booster more often as I have hundreds of them lying around.

Players
1,648 posts
12,122 battles

I changed my free-xp behavior after getting USS Misery: I am more carefree and tend to use free-xp for a lot of things, like instantly getting the top hull of any new ship. I feel like getting Missouri was a threshold after which saving up free-xp has lost its purpose. So I spend them quite a lot more than before.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

I've played the Missouri under 5 times since getting it and I grinded for two months lol...

It's a popular ship, be interesting to see how much money it's made for WG. I paid nothing for mine, even the free XP conversion was via doubloons I already owned via Xmas boxes.

Currently building a stockpile for the next BB line, hopefully RN.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

If you have Missouri how do you do w FreeXP in the future?

add i dont have missouri for this option, cause you cant vote without this question answered...

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Last question should have "I convert when there's an offer and did a million free XP."

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

I've played the Missouri under 5 times since getting it and I grinded for two months lol...

It's a popular ship, be interesting to see how much money it's made for WG. I paid nothing for mine, even the free XP conversion was via doubloons I already owned via Xmas boxes.

Currently building a stockpile for the next BB line, hopefully RN.

Liar.

You paid 1 credit for it.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

I used to put free in xp into ship upgrades until the Missouri challenge went live. I'm grinding it, slowly but surely. I no rush whatsoever: I see it as a sport to grind it. 479k now and oozing forward... I actually started to like grinding ships from the bottom! It makes me appreciate the upgrades that much more. Y'day won my Bismarck's B hull. Finally somewhat of an answer to airplanes!

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,985 battles

Even before the Missouri was announced I had 100k free XP so I was already very frugal with my free XP usage. Never converted to free XP before, and I won't start now, the first and only time was for getting the remaining 400k for the Missouri when there was a special on XP conversion. Even then most of the doubloons came from SCs (3k in one and 4.8k in another).

[AAA-]
Players
663 posts
5,032 battles

I have over 750k required to get it but I am waiting for more news on the anime ships if there is going to be an anime Yamato I figure it will take a tier 10 to get a tier ten and then I need the XP to free up from the Bismarck or maybe it also costs free XP to then decide if that would be a greater ships to have. I stock up on XP from now on though no more mudules early research you never know what is still to come.

Edited by SteDorff

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles

add i dont have missouri for this option, cause you cant vote without this question answered...

Added a fifth question as requested

Players
136 posts
2,112 battles

I've stopped throwing away free xp like it's nothing now. I'll only use it if I'm say 30 or so xp away from an upgrade. But earning it without converting is really proving a struggle. I have a bunch of free xp camo, and flags which I can use at some point. But I may use a bunch of it for stock Izumo when I make it, as I've heard stock is a bother. 

Actually owning Missouri would be nice, I only own Japanese battleships so it would be nice to have another higher tier one. I've seen her do well in games also. 

Edited by TheCoolBird

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

I would want to keep the free XP for the future, but the Missouri isn't my cup of tea. I'm saving up the free XP in case there's a ship I just NEED to have like the Enterprise or a ship which just seems like endless fun like the super-Akizuki. An Iowa, even one with radar, isn't something I'm personally willing to drop free XP on.

Edit: I HAVE changed my free XP expending habits in the time frame of the Missouri, but it's not because I needed to do so. There were just some ships that had mandatory upgrades i.e. FCS and plane upgrades for the Taiho, or some ships I am just not willing to play any longer like the Emerald.

Edited by dasCKD

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Added a fifth question as requested

you didnt need to add fifth question, you just needed to add extra answer to that question.

I will save to be prepared if the Missourithing is repeated

No Missouri was a one time thing 

I dont have Missouri

cause people that dont have missouri cant skip that question (you must answer all questions in poll to vote)

[MIRAI]
Players
591 posts
5,688 battles

and the other way around, i have missouri and can't skip the last question :P

Players
653 posts
4,424 battles

I don't own or ever will Missouri. A curious concept but one I don't require.

I have tons of premiums and my fxp goes up and down as I spend it, but is normally in the 100's of thousands.

I use it exclusively for upgrading modules. I never run a standard ship, life is too short and money isn't an issue.

I try not to cut a ship grind short. I have skipped ships but I'm aware the precursor always teaches you (normally) lessons you are going to need.

I'll normally unlock a load when the exchange rate goes to 35 -1 instead of the normal 25.

When I switched to WoW's from WoT I figured it may be a more expensive game as it lends itself to an older audience a bit more (imo).

But I would save fxp for a different ship of the same concept. Missouri just didn't do it enough for me to warrant the expense.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles

you didnt need to add fifth question, you just needed to add extra answer to that question.

cause people that dont have missouri cant skip that question (you must answer all questions in poll to vote)

Fixed

[WGP2W]
Players
746 posts
13,044 battles

I'm saving. Started prior to christmas and I'm currently at about 250k. I expect to be done with it sometimes late in summer or early fall (barring any catastrophic misclicks), so this is a long-term project... Basically, my strat is to only use papa papa whenever there is a 100%++ win bonus and then only in conjunction with +100% xp camo. That way, I get about 1k free xp on a win.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Beta Tester
229 posts
6,451 battles

only change for me, is i started using my +% free exp flags to help save up more free xp.

But not grinding for missouri, too close to the Iowa.

Maybe in the future, if a truly uniqe must-have come along. But probably not :)

Beta Tester
516 posts
4,160 battles

I don't have the Missouri (yet), and seeing as I cannot for the life of me get the Iowa to work (that damn thing is citadel city :ohmy:), I'm not in a particular hurry to get her either... Then again, none of the Tier 9+ ships I have unlocked/am close to unlocking interest me much either (Tier 7-8 is my sweetspot), so my slowly accumulating free xp hoard (currently sitting at ~300k) may eventually end up still being used to get her, if for nothing but the crazy income... which, seeing as I'm currently sitting at 100m credits is totally what I need... :trollface:

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

I have not been using my freeXP since I got Fuso so it had piled up nicely. And I'm in no hurry to get my last "grind" goal that is Yamato so I took Missouri as I had North Carolina and Iowa was on my "shopping list" so to say.

So now I can use same captain in NC and "Iowa" and still have 100K freeXP.

And some day this scrub will be sailing the mighty Yamato. Hopefully before this year's trip to the museum. :D

Players
83 posts
26,893 battles

i have Missouri.

Аnnouncement did not change my habits ... i am only using Free XP for the very catastrophic grinds.

I still save Free XP and plan to use it for training a new captain or if they  announcnent new ship like Missouri (can take only for Free XP).

I never convert XP.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Since I have no interest at all in Missouri, I haven't changed my habits with Free XP. I use it in the normal ships every time I think it's necessary (mainly to avoid 1st hulls).

Now, if another ship of my interest becomes available in the future, I don't think I'll waste a single doubloon converting XP. To be interesting to me it will have to be in a lower tier, so it's supposed to be cheaper. I'll simply try to grind the free XP.

Players
2,244 posts
14,319 battles

I have 505,328 Free XP.  I don't have nor want the Missouri; and I won't convert.

However, my habits have changed... I want to save Free XP on the off chance that in the future WG will have a ship I do want.

• Cool 1