You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Jammin411

Matchmaking Monitor Application

34 comments in this topic

Players
197 posts
555 battles

I wanted to get the word out about a new application I just created for the community. The application is to be run in parallel with WoWs and will detect when you enter into a battle. When you do the application will show you player stats for each player in that battle with highlighting to help determine player quality.

The application is early in development, but definitely fills a void. Stop by and check it out. Let me know what you want to see added or changed as well.

https://wowreplays.com/Home/MatchmakingMonitor

• Cool 5

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Fixed an issue where players with hidden stats were not showing in some circumstances. All players should now be visible regardless of their stat preferences.

This should get your app banned forever by WarGaming. If I want my stats hidden, I want them hidden. Period.

Players
197 posts
555 battles

This should get your app banned forever by WarGaming. If I want my stats hidden, I want them hidden. Period.

You mis-read this...The bug was that if your stats were hidden the app didn't show you at all...now it shows you, as a placeholder, but not your stats.  Instead of you not showing at all and the teams being unbalanced it now shows you as a placeholder, your name only, with the message that stats are hidden.  

If your stats are hidden I will NEVER show them.  That is your choice and the app and myself respect that.  

I apologize for the poor wording.  It's explaining the bug that existed, but to others without knowledge of the bug it would seem that I am circumventing.  I can assure you though, this is not the case.  :)

Players
102 posts
418 battles

Interestingly my stats are public but according to your website I don't exist. My buddy's stats are private but they show up in your application.

Players
197 posts
555 battles

Interestingly my stats are public but according to your website I don't exist. My buddy's stats are private but they show up in your application.

Some things to clarify.  The website handles stats differently than the application.  The application pulls live from WG, the website caches them in the database.  If you have never uploaded a replay or been involved in a replay then the site will not know about you.  

I would check to ensure that your "buddy" is truly private.  I have no way of pulling data that Wargaming does not expose.  I can't invent stats.  When the app launches it calls the Wargaming API found here:  https://developers.wargaming.net/reference/all/wows/ships/stats/?application_id=demo&r_realm=na

This returns the players stats or null based on the players preferences.  If they are showing in this API call then the stats are not private.

An example accountid that is hidden is:  1000089852

An example accountid that is NOT hidden is:  1005294706

You'll notice with an accountid that is hidden the data field is null and the hidden field contains the accountId.  No stats are exposed.  Play around with it for yourself using the link above.  You'll see that I do not have access to hidden stats as I've stated.  

Players
102 posts
418 battles

Is your app able to determine whether somebody's account is currently private or public? If not then the stats that the app shows could be from an account that was public at one time, but is now private, and therefore they could be days/weeks/months out of date.

Players
197 posts
555 battles

Is your app able to determine whether somebody's account is currently private or public? If not then the stats that the app shows could be from an account that was public at one time, but is now private, and therefore they could be days/weeks/months out of date.

Yes, if you look at the link I provided a few posts ago, below again for convenience.  If the stats are hidden WG hides that data completely.  data: {} == null.  With nothing inside of data the app says No Stats or Hidden instead of displaying stats.  

API I call:

https://developers.w...demo&r_realm=na

This returns the players stats or null based on the players preferences.  If they are showing in this API call then the stats are not private.

An example accountid that is hidden is:  1000089852

An example accountid that is NOT hidden is:  1005294706

Players
102 posts
418 battles

And as I said earlier, my stats are public and my buddy's are private yet his still show up in your app, irrespective of whether or not he has appeared in a replay. If what you say about the app is correct then Wargaming is exposing Private account details, which I am sure they shouldn't.

Players
197 posts
555 battles

And as I said earlier, my stats are public and my buddy's are private yet his still show up in your app, irrespective of whether or not he has appeared in a replay. If what you say about the app is correct then Wargaming is exposing Private account details, which I am sure they shouldn't.

Well, let's figure that out.  If it's my mistake I'll fix it.  If you'll send me your friends in-game name and region I'll look it up and privately post you the accountId.  Same with your details if you don't mind.  

[RALLY]
Players
309 posts
8,110 battles

Hi Jammin411

I'm interested in the motivation for doing this.  I have read/heard in the past a reluctance to do this due to the possibility of players leaving games prematurely due to the team setups and how good/bad players are.  I know you do a huge amount of work with replays etc so just curious to ask what the end goal is.

Thanks

Players
197 posts
555 battles

Hi Jammin411

I'm interested in the motivation for doing this.  I have read/heard in the past a reluctance to do this due to the possibility of players leaving games prematurely due to the team setups and how good/bad players are.  I know you do a huge amount of work with replays etc so just curious to ask what the end goal is.

Thanks

The next phase of this is to automatically upload replays to WoWReplays.com.  When a battle concludes it will give the option to upload and post to the site.  It will also give the option to take the last 4 screenshots and upload them as well.  I figured if I have an application that is already going to monitor the directory, I may as well make it more useful and have it show stats as well.  Prior to this thread, I have had a lot of people interested in this type of application.  I have received numerous emails asking for this type of app.  

Also, being a numbers guy, I feel that more data is always better.  If you choose to not use the app that is perfectly acceptable, I by no means force it upon anyone.  It's meant to aid those who want it, and be ignored by those who don't.  Ultimately, people still look up stats manually prior and during battles.  The next logical step is to automate.  Plus, I strongly believe that technology does not make people salty or negative.  It's the anonymous wall of the internet that brings that out in us all.  

[RALLY]
Players
309 posts
8,110 battles

Thanks I really don't know how I feel about it, it certainly doesn't bother me and I would see it as a challenge in game if faced with difficult MM, its a topic that has been discussed on pod casts/forum and streaming.  I guess I am a numbers guy too but usually don't bother looking up stats on others.  If it helps populate the WOWS replays then why not.  Hopefully players will use it as motivation.

Thanks for the reply.......

Good luck

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

You mis-read this...The bug was that if your stats were hidden the app didn't show you at all...now it shows you, as a placeholder, but not your stats.  Instead of you not showing at all and the teams being unbalanced it now shows you as a placeholder, your name only, with the message that stats are hidden.  

If your stats are hidden I will NEVER show them.  That is your choice and the app and myself respect that.  

I apologize for the poor wording.  It's explaining the bug that existed, but to others without knowledge of the bug it would seem that I am circumventing.  I can assure you though, this is not the case.  :)

OK, then.

But I still think these kind of programs are more harmful than helpful. My 9000 games in WoT experience (where there's a similar tool) confirm that. And WarGaming has given us the option to hide our stats in WoWs, so it seems like they also think this way.

Edited by JapLance
  • Cool 1

Players
197 posts
555 battles

Your stats are hidden if you hide them.  That was mis-worded and has been corrected.  If you hide your stats, there is nothing anyone can do to retrieve them. :)

[BUSHI]
Players
3,035 posts
16,247 battles

Thank You very much for this App. I have used second one which showed scores on Web Browser, but yours is clearly superior visually. A few seconds and You know what playstyle should be used in current game. No more frustration when you push and nobody is helping You. At least You know with whom you should cooperate.

Edited by Odo_Toothless

Players
197 posts
555 battles

The latest version (0.0.1.1) was released today that allows you to adjust the font-size of the application.  This can be found by clicking the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and adjusting the font-size combo box.  Values are in Pixels and range from 8 to 14 with a default value of 12px.  

Details can be found here along with download links.  https://wowreplays.com/Home/MatchmakingMonitor

Edited by Jammin411
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

I wanted to get the word out about a new application I just created for the community. The application is to be run in parallel with WoWs and will detect when you enter into a battle. When you do the application will show you player stats for each player in that battle with highlighting to help determine player quality.

Is there any way to change the monitor to show players general stats instead of ship stats?
Or am I just reading those stats wrong?

[EIRE]
[EIRE]
Beta Tester
326 posts
19,187 battles

I gave it a go and they players all loaded with link to WST stats site, but it just says everybody either has no stats or they are hidden. Either is isn't working or it is less than useless.

EDIT: I logged out the game client and back in and now it displays the stats. All except two, one of them being me. I know I don't have hidden stats. I'm I doing something else wrong?

EDIT 2: OK it is working it is just certain ships (new RU DDs?) that it does not recognise. Did you ever think of doing general stats for a player too? Ship stats can be very misleading.

Edited by Shagulon

Players
197 posts
555 battles

I gave it a go and they players all loaded with link to WST stats site, but it just says everybody either has no stats or they are hidden. Either is isn't working or it is less than useless.

EDIT: I logged out the game client and back in and now it displays the stats. All except two, one of them being me. I know I don't have hidden stats. I'm I doing something else wrong?

EDIT 2: OK it is working it is just certain ships (new RU DDs?) that it does not recognise. Did you ever think of doing general stats for a player too? Ship stats can be very misleading.

Was just about to reply to you. :)

My guess is the region was incorrect or the Wargaming API was not accessible during your first attempt.

1.) When someone has never played in the ships or only has a few battles the WG API reports that they have no battles and thus no stats.  After a few battles their stats start showing up.

2.)  That has been requested and is coming in a future release.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Question -> I use wows-stats ( js.node application ) and  I wonder do all your installs use the same api key? How did you get that to work, since they all make direct queries to WG?

[AKAGI]
Players
50 posts
284 battles

I'm not using this mod since it upsets me to see how bad some people are on my team. By using the mod you can much easier predict if it will be a win or a loss. It just makes the game much more stressful and I'm not sure your own game would improve.

Players
1 post

Trying to understand why this app is not working.  I have it set the directory where the game is saved yet it does not think I am in battle.  Any thoughts?  I cant find very much technical support on this app.