Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Capra76

Public test 0.6.2

24 comments in this topic

Players
3,653 posts
7,328 battles

Starts tomorrow: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-062/, allegedly runs until 28 March (surely this is a typo).

2 new maps and that's about it for the PT but the new SN DD line will be introduced with this patch on the live server (at a guess on 7 March).

[IDDQD]
Players
1,772 posts
16,117 battles

The most noticeable enhancement - that will also be useful for your battle performance - is the option to display ship names on the Minimap.

:great:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Alabama draws closer too but I don't know if I want to pay £35+ for a T8 remixed NC...

Players
1,008 posts

Alabama draws closer too but I don't know if I want to pay £35+ for a T8 remixed NC...

I guess if your not grinding the US BB line, its quite an attractive buy.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,599 battles

Now, for the whole time the Damage Control Party consumable is active, it will assuredly prevent new fires and flooding, and save modules from being incapacitated. No more of that frustrating "damage at the last moment" which many of you have surely experienced before! This will give you more confidence in those tense gameplay situations where just a couple hundred HP and one extra second can determine the outcome of an encounter with the enemy.

This might be the main actual change. It won't nerf anyone as far as I'm concerned, but it will absolutely save keyboards, chairs and monitors from rageinduced destruction.

Seriously, this will be a very nice change, and will probably not change anything in survivability anywhere.

Ring sounds a lot like that map they had on the PTS in the past, but never made it. Maybe they have changed it a bit? I for one was slightly disappointed the other map didn't make it, so this sounds good to me.

Edited by Unintentional_submarine
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

I guess if your not grinding the US BB line, its quite an attractive buy.

I own Missouri, Texas, Arizona and every USN BB from the New Mex up to the Monty (except for the Iowa).

There was a time where I'd have bought this straight away now but I'm not sure what it'll add to my experience now.

[AYM-W]
Players
46 posts
2,792 battles

How can they release the new Soviet destroyers without fixing the German DDs at the same time?

From the previews (Notser, Flamu, ...) it seems that at least some of them (Minsk, Kiew, ...?) will have a small stealth-fire window even without taking Concealment Expert. Despite the plans to remove stealth-fire from the game...

With German DDs being visible from the moon after firing their guns, Soviet DDs should be visible from Mars (based on relative gunpower).

As it is I will continue to boycott German DDs until they are fixed ... (works as intended? Maybe WG does not want to flood MM with DDs of two nations? :hmm:)

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

Block Quote

"The second new map in this update is "Haven", available at battle tiers VII–X. Battles in this location will take place in an archipelago of small uninhabited islands somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.  From a gameplay point of view, this map is all about co-ordinated teamwork.

The key areas are hard to capture, but numerous areas of cover provide new opportunities for winning. With sudden engagements and frequent close range encounters, players will have to elaborate on their tactics. This map presents a special challenge to Battleship players, who will have to try and find advantageous positions for effective firing."

Pretty much what I have been asking for, seems like the right way to balance high tier BBs in my opinion. Introducing cover will make it so BBs can't reach half the map with your guns and then cruisers can be "safe" from most BBs if they play right. Hopefully the islands are tall enough that you can't easily sit at a distance and lob shells over them. At the very least it will be much less painful playing T8 CAs in T10 matches on maps like these. 

I've complained a lot about BBs, but only about high tiers, tiers lower than t9 BBs are much less scary and maps less open. I think that removing BBs ability to affect 1/3 of the active part of the map from wherever they are will make them much less annoying to play against. A nerf wouldn't work and while I liked the idea of setting a limit on BBs, if every ship is limited, matches could easily become a bit too similiar.

[D_R_M]
Players
898 posts
15,643 battles

I own Missouri, Texas, Arizona and every USN BB from the New Mex up to the Monty (except for the Iowa).

But if you do not buy Alabama, you cannot boast about that anymore, so guess Satan will win again and you will buy it :)

Beta Tester
242 posts
13,088 battles

If we do assume that the Alabama is coming in the very near future following 6.2, as a my competitive team's main North Carolina player. I can certainly see the allure of the Alabama, my only concern with is that fact that its a premium most of the tournaments have limits on the number of premiums in a team. However the Alabama I think will have just enough of an advantage of the NC to make it the new preferred Tier 8 tank chiefly because of it's significantly improved torpedo protection and shorter hull length and turning circle. Yet the NC does have superior AA and more health. On a personal reflection I die to gunfire and fires far more than torpedo hits in my NC so it shall be interesting to see how they perform.

Beta Tester
242 posts
13,088 battles

wasnt the Alabam a Supertester Reward only ? Did i miss something ?

A non supertest version has been found, that along with all the photos of an Alabama without the specific Supertester Camo leads us to believe following the backlash they got for only giving the Supertesters a South Dakota class they've decided to release a standard premium Alabama too cash in on the desire to have a ship from that class.

Players
918 posts
8,318 battles

How can they release the new Soviet destroyers without fixing the German DDs at the same time?

From the previews (Notser, Flamu, ...) it seems that at least some of them (Minsk, Kiew, ...?) will have a small stealth-fire window even without taking Concealment Expert. Despite the plans to remove stealth-fire from the game...

With German DDs being visible from the moon after firing their guns, Soviet DDs should be visible from Mars (based on relative gunpower).

As it is I will continue to boycott German DDs until they are fixed ... (works as intended? Maybe WG does not want to flood MM with DDs of two nations? :hmm:)

I am also angry that they still haven't fixed the German DDs. Instead of fixing what is broken and already in the game they have to release more Russian DDs. Did someone say Russian bias? How dare you! :hide_turtle::hiding:
Edited by Dampfboot

[SCRUB]
Players
7,518 posts
9,742 battles

Any good guesses (or perhaps even facts) when 0.6.2 will hit the live server? Could it arrive in february already?

Because I wanted to try and grind to the Khabarovsk (with help of a bit free XP if need be) before the RU DD line splits (naturally in the hopes of getting a couple free ships, portslots and mayhaps permament camouflage/captains).

Players
3,653 posts
7,328 battles

Any good guesses (or perhaps even facts) when 0.6.2 will hit the live server? Could it arrive in february already?

Because I wanted to try and grind to the Khabarovsk (with help of a bit free XP if need be) before the RU DD line splits (naturally in the hopes of getting a couple free ships, portslots and mayhaps permament camouflage/captains).

The PT looks like it's running until the end of the month, it doesn't look like it's a very significant patch so unless PT throws up some kind of major bug (unlikely IMO) I'd guess it'll be on the first Thursday afterwards, the 7th March.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

If we do assume that the Alabama is coming in the very near future following 6.2, as a my competitive team's main North Carolina player. I can certainly see the allure of the Alabama, my only concern with is that fact that its a premium most of the tournaments have limits on the number of premiums in a team. However the Alabama I think will have just enough of an advantage of the NC to make it the new preferred Tier 8 tank chiefly because of it's significantly improved torpedo protection and shorter hull length and turning circle. Yet the NC does have superior AA and more health. On a personal reflection I die to gunfire and fires far more than torpedo hits in my NC so it shall be interesting to see how they perform.

NC has a lower citadel, the Alabama looks like a T8 Iowa so may get obliterated in a brawl. That's what the armour viewer looks like anyway.

The reviews can't be too far off...

Players
653 posts
4,460 battles

I was up for the Alabama but like Negativv I don't know what I'd want it for considering I have all US prems except Marblehead. And I've kept NC whilst I grind Iowa for Monty. If it's got anything over NC I may buy it and sell NC.

For me a high tier RN premium is getting conspicuously absent which makes me believe WG are having real issues with the tech tree.

However the mention of an Italian BB gets my potato senses all tingly.

Come on WG stop mucking about with Ru DD's and gibs us wot we wants!

The Royal Navy BB and some premiums with a bit of history from different nations.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,498 battles

Fixing German DDs mean stealthfire is removed from everyone. That is there plan. There's no fix for German DDs.

Players
593 posts
6,525 battles

When I click ''go to the public test portal'' is taking me always to main page Wargaiming.net

Done!

Edited by Sambor1966

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

When I click ''go to the public test portal'' is taking me always to main page Wargaiming.net

You need to create a separate account for the test server, there should be a link on the page you get redirected to. It's a bit confusing (I struggled with it for a few minutes last time myself)

Players
593 posts
6,525 battles

I register already. Thank you. But nów rachunkowość time when I start first tome game game is gettong frosen and I have to restart system. After first game it's pk.

Players
593 posts
6,525 battles

Sorry! Translater was on. 

When I start first game, after a minute game is getting frozen and I have to restart system. After that is fine. Somebody know what makes this problem? Should I download this game on another disc?

Sign in to follow this