Kandly

The Oscars 2017 Contest

41 comments in this topic

Players
406 posts
556 battles

Captains,

The Oscars 2017 are just around the corner and we prepared the perfect contest for the occasion! Check it out here if you want to win some nice prizes.

ad65se2.jpg

Kandly :honoring:

Modder, Supertester
1,235 posts
8,081 battles

Well.. i ask it here again

Is it allowed to use mods, that modify flags and other stuff like historical camo patterns, that some people create here in the Modding Section of the forum for this contest?

I'm especially asking regarding flags before i start recording and my entry gets killed because i used historical flags during my recording sessions.

Would be awesome to get an answer for that.

And additional: What about extracting assets from the game like images? (Tlaking about all of those. Some of them are in flash files and so on)

Is this also allowed?

Edited by MasaruKondera

[WG-EU]
Players
486 posts
140 battles

Well.. i ask it here again

Would be awesome to get an answer for that.

And additional: What about extracting assets from the game like images? (Tlaking about all of those. Some of them are in flash files and so on)

Is this also allowed?

Yes, you can use mods as long as all entries are appropriate for an audience of all ages, not including obscene, offensive or racist imagery, or any content that would be against our rules and policies like the swastika or Japanese Imperial Flag. 

Cheers :)

[HULK]
Players
20 posts
5,969 battles

Well my vid has been double posted somehow ? Oo

Edited by BankaiZ

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

Is tonight the deadline or I can edit some? Had problems with screen fps grab yeasterday...

Let me know, txs!

Players
406 posts
556 battles

Is tonight the deadline or I can edit some? Had problems with screen fps grab yeasterday...

Let me know, txs!

The deadline's tomorrow, no worries! :)

February 26th 23:59 CET to be exact.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Do players, whose trailers did not fullfil the requirements, get a message about that?

I asked the same question in the German section and via FB but until now I have not received any answer and I'd really like to know whether I have to do some last minute changes or not.

And can you find all trailers on every section (English, German, French, ...) or only on their respective sites where they were uploaded?

Players
406 posts
556 battles

Do players, whose trailers did not fullfil the requirements, get a message about that?

I asked the same question in the German section and via FB but until now I have not received any answer and I'd really like to know whether I have to do some last minute changes or not.

And can you find all trailers on every section (English, German, French, ...) or only on their respective sites where they were uploaded?

There's no notification for content that wasn't approved yet, but if you stick to the rules and requirements it should be fine. If you're worried that your trailer doesn't follow the rules (by, let's say, featuring inappropriate language), the safest bet would be editing those risky parts out.

The entries can be found on the page that you used for submitting them, so if you submitted an entry on the German page, it won't appear on the English page.

You can also submit as many entries as you'd like, it's not against the rules. ;) "You may enter as many videos as you like, but can only win once."

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

There's no notification for content that wasn't approved yet, but if you stick to the rules and requirements it should be fine. If you're worried that your trailer doesn't follow the rules (by, let's say, featuring inappropriate language), the safest bet would be editing those risky parts out.

The entries can be found on the page that you used for submitting them, so if you submitted an entry on the German page, it won't appear on the English page.

You can also submit as many entries as you'd like, it's not against the rules. ;) "You may enter as many videos as you like, but can only win once."

Thanks for the answer. I don't think that my trailer contains anything that goes against the rules but... one never knows.

The thing is that there is nothing up at the German page so far and it is a bit unnerving if one does not know whether the trailer is OK or if the upload went wrong etc.

Players
406 posts
556 battles

Thanks for the answer. I don't think that my trailer contains anything that goes against the rules but... one never knows.

The thing is that there is nothing up at the German page so far and it is a bit unnerving if one does not know whether the trailer is OK or if the upload went wrong etc.

Aha! Found the issue. It's in English and that's why it didn't get approved on the German page.

Upload it to the English page and it should be all right. :)

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Aha! Found the issue. It's in English and that's why it didn't get approved on the German page.

Upload it to the English page and it should be all right. :)

Well, then it is clear. Thanks for checking. :)

Maybe a notification on the event page would have been a good idea since there is no word which language it can/should be. I know, German site in a way indicates German language but after all we are the EU community and the most common language should be English. :rolleyes:

Players
406 posts
556 battles

Well, then it is clear. Thanks for checking. :)

Maybe a notification on the event page would have been a good idea since there is no word which language it can/should be. I know, German site in a way indicates German language but after all we are the EU community and the most common language should be English. :rolleyes:

You're right, the info should've been there. :) I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll do now but I'll modify the English page. Maybe others are in the same situation.

• Cool 1

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

The deadline's tomorrow, no worries! :)

February 26th 23:59 CET to be exact.

Thank you Kandly,

but after solving the fps and screen grab thing, I found that I can't play some replay that I have in mind, because they don't play after the recent update... Sigh!

So I'll not make it for tonight, but if someone knows how to replay a battle played right before an update I'll be grateful for the next video contest!

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

This is a good question. It is 21:47 CET now and nowhere an information about how and where to vote although it should have started about 4 hours ago?

I don't really see a point in voting via the website since there are prices for participants AND voters. But how should WG figure out the names of those (voters) if they just leave a like? And shouldn't there be a site with every video of the EU community since they are supposed to get rated together?

Alpha Tester, Players
5,134 posts

View Postrykzet, on 27 February 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Soo, how do we vote?

Good question.

I want to vote now! Please, let's me vote.

ye i was asked him , he still not answ :P

[TCG]
Community Contributor, Beta Tester
116 posts
10,492 battles

Thank you very much for your participation. To celebrate the aftermath of Oscars 2017, we are going to give out all of the prizes left from our #WoWsOscars2017 creative contest! Also, due to a technical problem with the voting system, we are going to give out the Award of Merit Flag to anyone who signs in here

soo... whats happening? no voting? no winner?

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

Thank you very much for your participation. To celebrate the aftermath of Oscars 2017, we are going to give out all of the prizes left from our #WoWsOscars2017 creative contest! Also, due to a technical problem with the voting system, we are going to give out the Award of Merit Flag to anyone who signs in here

soo... whats happening? no voting? no winner?

What? But... We want to vote...