Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IsamuKondera

Questions regarding the Oscar Contest (Mods etc.)

5 comments in this topic

Modder, Supertester
1,235 posts
8,106 battles

I think that this might be interessting to other people as well, thats why I'm asking it here.

Is it allowed to use mods, that modify flags and other stuff like historical camo patterns, that some people create here in the Modding Section of the forum for this contest?

I'm especially asking regarding flags before i start recording and my entry gets killed because i used historical flags during my recording sessions.

Link to the contest: http://oscars2017wowsstyle.hscampaigns.com/

PS: Feel free to ask more questions. I hope that we get an answer here as soon as possible :D

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I'd like to know whether there is an additional upload besides Twitter and Instagram via the "Enter Now" tab.

Regarding the content... Is music (OST) from the soundcloud allowed, i.e. does it count as ingame material in this case (just to make sure)?

And is there a possibility to either get graphic stuff like logos and (ship) symbols from an official source or can we ... borrow them from official WG videos?

@MasaruKondera: The terms say you can use ingame material and material provided by WG. So I don't think that mods are allowed since they are user created content.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Just a bump, because IMO this thread might be important for interested people and not everything is clearly stated on the website.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Just using logic and assumption here

• Your entry must only contain in-game footage and the provided artwork

• By taking part in the contest, you accept that your video may be published and used by Wargaming.net.

Just reading these 2 rules I would say that you are only allowed to use unmodified graphics which can be found ingame.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I got some answers for my questions via the facebook site, so I'll just quote myself and add them:

I'd like to know whether there is an additional upload besides Twitter and Instagram via the "Enter Now" tab.

Yes, there is.

Regarding the content... Is music (OST) from the soundcloud allowed, i.e. does it count as ingame material in this case (just to make sure)?

Yes, the OST from the soundcloud can be used.

And is there a possibility to either get graphic stuff like logos and (ship) symbols from an official source or can we ... borrow them from official WG videos?

Some graphics are provided on the website (there is a link in the first tab) and they can be downloaded. Not quite what I, personally, was looking for. They are nice, though.

Sign in to follow this