You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
bigbramble

Gun sounds - how do you extract the current sounds for use?

4 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
344 posts
9,085 battles

I just got the roon and I hate the sound of the guns, I love the Prinz Eugen gun sound however. How can I extract the gun sounds from the game and then replace the Roon sounds with the Eugen ones? I have spent ages searching for how to do this, and I can see how to make mods with new sound effects but not existing ones. Help please! 

[HAERT]
Players
303 posts
7,214 battles

It's possible but from what I can see may be fairly complicated. Is it not easier to just go into training room, mute all sounds but gun sounds and use a recorder like Audacity to do that? You'll get equally high quality sounds this way as if you'd extracted them, with the bonus that you'd be able to choose the format...

[B0TS]
Players
344 posts
9,085 battles

Thanks, I tried that but I could not get Audacity to record the sounds. Has anyone collected a selection of the gun sounds yet I wonder?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,287 posts
6,159 battles

How about recording a single cannon fire with a recording device, turn that into an mp3 and then just place that sound on the roon? That seems quite simple to do

edit: I'm blind sorry, and repeated what the guy above said....try using shadowplay or something then.

Edited by domen3