Sign in to follow this  
aleksandrov2

I WAS CHEATED

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of getting new consumables in the supercontainer?

• Yes
    • No

30 comments in this topic

Players
147 posts
3,492 battles

So I am really mad right now. I got a supercontainer and my heart was filled with joy, but when I opened it I got a stupid Defensive fire mod. 1 which increases the duration of AA consumable for 30 %. 

WHAT THE HELL???? Everything else would be better, even 250 flags or credits or free xp etc. It doen't need to be premium ship, but to absolutely troll me by giving those useless new consumables in the supercontainers is just a low blow to us dedicated players. 

Wasn't enough to add those useless new consumables as a reward for ranked. The only one which is usefull is Engine boost, others are so bad that you must be crazy to install them.

Please everybody who agree with me comment bellow. At least don't give those useless consumables in supercontainers WG.

Edited by aleksandrov2

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles

Why do people keep complaining about stuff they get for free/playing the game? :facepalm:

• Cool 3

Players
147 posts
3,492 battles

Why do people keep complaining about stuff they get for free/playing the game? :facepalm:

Well as far as I know supercontainers should contain something valuable or something in great quantative. For example premium ships, lots of credits, dabloons, lots of free XP, tons of flags etc. 

My problem is that those new consumables are all completely useless (with the exception of the engine boost). Most of them occupy slots where there are many more valuable consumables to choose, therefore even if you get this new consumable from supercontainer for free, you will not be able to use it. It simply isn't worth it. So why give something so useless in supercontainers?????

Then give them in normal containers, they are not valuable this is my argument. 

Edited by aleksandrov2

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Oh look, thread number 1337 of this topic...

Yes the new upgrades are not really that great at the current state and you can be disappointed if you get them. But do you have to pay something to get them? No. So why do you complain about free stuff?

Btw, if you don't want to use them you can still sell them. The price is not that overwhelming either but it should still be more than what you get in normal containers creditwise.

Hopefully the new upgrades get their own slot on each ship so they are all viable. Even if that means they become rarer.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

I agree, not quite with the same rage, but nonetheless I think by and large those new upgrades are useless and don't come even close to any of the other possible SC rewards.

I've gotten one so far and that was possibly the least useless of them all, but I still would have preferred 250 signals.

The one I got was the Speed Boost upgrade and I'm actually using it right now on my Akizuki. Having 3min speed boost on that thing definitely helps and you only give up the 3rd slot for it.

Quality Poster
3,285 posts
8,375 battles

should contain something valuable or something in great quantative.

The thing is, while this is correct: Who decides what's valuable and what's not? Just because you don't like these upgrades doesn't make them invaluable!

Are they balanced well? I'd say no. Are they valuable? Not to me! Does WG thinks these upgrades are valuable to some players? Apparently yes!

See it as a SC that generates 625k credits.

Greetings

Players
147 posts
3,492 battles

Oh look, thread number 1337 of this topic...

Yes the new upgrades are not really that great at the current state and you can be disappointed if you get them. But do you have to pay something to get them? No. So why do you complain about free stuff?

Btw, if you don't want to use them you can still sell them. The price is not that overwhelming either but it should still be more than what you get in normal containers creditwise.

Hopefully the new upgrades get their own slot on each ship so they are all viable. Even if that means they become rarer.

That would go too. Either give these new consumables in normal containers OR leave them in supercontainers, but rework the system so that these consumables have separate slot reserved for them. 

I would be OK by either of these sollutions, but the current implementation is just stupid in my opinion. 

Edited by aleksandrov2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,765 posts
10,662 battles

I feel you, OP, but... well, I made a bit more... in-depth poll about new upgrades not so long ago:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/74205-your-opinion-on-the-new-upgrades-as-well-as-current-ways-of-obtaining-them/#topmost

I don't really think this poll you've created now is going to bring much new info on what people think about new upgrades in supercontainers (or anywhere else, really...).

Players
147 posts
3,492 battles

The thing is, while this is correct: Who decides what's valuable and what's not? Just because you don't like these upgrades doesn't make them invaluable!

Are they balanced well? I'd say no. Are they valuable? Not to me! Does WG thinks these upgrades are valuable to some players? Apparently yes!

See it as a SC that generates 625k credits.

Greetings

Untill you calculate that supercontainer with 250 damage control party is worth more then 5 000 000 credits!

Quality Poster
3,285 posts
8,375 battles

Untill you calculate that supercontainer with 250 damage control party is worth more then 5 000 000 credits!

Sure I could calculate the flag containers as well. But you're getting it for free!

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't criticise WG. But rather direct the critique at the root of the problem. The problem is not, that the unique upgrades are deemed as SC worthy, but that the upgrades itself are badly designed. I assume most of us wouldn't mind these upgrades in a SC, if they were well balanced.

Greetings

Players
147 posts
3,492 battles

Sure I could calculate the flag containers as well. But you're getting it for free!

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't criticise WG. But rather direct the critique at the root of the problem. The problem is not, that the unique upgrades are deemed as SC worthy, but that the upgrades itself are badly designed. I assume most of us wouldn't mind these upgrades in a SC, if they were well balanced.

Greetings

Well I could not agree more with you.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles

Then give them in normal containers, they are not valuable this is my argument. 

The value of the consumables is around 625k credits.... so......

Invalid_16a835_2703824.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
2,726 posts
7,362 battles

So funny how people say "its free". Its NOT free! You spend time (and money) to get a reward in IN GAME LOTTERY. Plus when you open COUNTLESS containers (try your luck) and when you finally get a "super" container your expectations are high. I agree that putting containers and missions in the game was a very good step from WG and i thanked them already. They shouldnt fear rewarding loyal players... specially with virtual stuff. Bottom line: super container rewards are too low and they are not super at all.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Afaik, testers were against and they introduced them in the game. So there was a poll and nobody liked them.

And giving them a separate slot will be even worse, so if you are lucky with containers you have an advantage during the game? Sound unfair.

The best solution: Remove them from the game and as compensation give the minimum amount you can get on a SC 5 M creds, 500 doubloons or a pack of flags, maybe 10 of each, thats will be 180.

Quality Poster
3,285 posts
8,375 battles

So funny how people say "its free". Its NOT free! You spend time (and money) to get a reward in IN GAME LOTTERY.

Yeah, you got a point there. My wording was a bit off. Let me rephrase: I now get a lottery ticket for some stuff that may or may not be good fort time (and thus money) spent, compared to earlier in this game, where I invested the same time and got nothing at all (read as: in addition to the XP and credits from each battle). So yes, you're technically correct, but we get more free stuff than before!

finally get a "super" container your expectations are high.

Maybe it's just me, but my expectations are low if I get something for free (in accordance to the definition of free given above). If I buy lottery tickets I buy them for the fun of opening lottery tickets and not because I expect any valuable rewards!

Greetings

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

my luck was good and in my SC i got 1k doubloons. :trollface:

i dont like new upgrades also, but i think that thread title is a little overreaction.

Players
557 posts
4,734 battles

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles
quoted post removed

noooo-my-eyes.gif
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,085 battles

I havent got any SC exept the one with 250 flags I got in the very first week.

...and others complain about the contents of their SC.

:yes_cap:

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

I've got two "super"continers containing silly modules within a week.

But that just means I've gaines an extra 1,2 million credits. I still would drop the "super" from their name, but that's jus my opinion. :)

Wait ... did I get two last friday?! Is 750 free XP concidered as "super"container drop because I got that and one module on Friday...

Anyhow, 100K free XP, some 60+ million credits and really nothing I want to grind makes most of the free stuff somewhat pointless. But I would love to get the Imp. :D

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts

OP, man up! Most people have been cheated on at some point in their life. No need to dwelve on past. Future looks much brighter. :trollface:

Expect chance of getting new upgrades in SC to be lowered in next patches. (shhhh, don't tell him it is not going to happen)