You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fizzy_Odin

WG we want go foward star for being best in losing team..

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

It is much more harder to be best in losing team than being last on wining team so in 14 games today i lost like 8 and been first in 5 of those 8 lost, for that i didn't lose my star but i gone down with rank no matter that i carry my team but you can not carry all 6 players -- I'am average player but ATM there is a loooooot potatos and afk and I don't know what to do with my Nagato/Colorado/Myoko/Yorck/Mahan/Belfast player and a looooot of game start with negative 3 ships because in 80% of games DD smoke and than Belfast and BB and one DD stay in 1 puff of smoke waiting to be wiped form enemy Shira. ,,,, and than after you do job for 3 or more players you lose anyway and for being better than all of your players and 70% of enemy wining team you got 0..

Rank is very frustrating place to be ATM and that single upgrade to system could make it less stressful and more rewarding for trying to do best for your team...

I see a lot of abnormal MM like 1 group of rank 7 vs group of rank 10 and that giving enemy Hiyru player to get Kraken any my team Hiyru get 8 planes killed whole game  or one team Belfast will have 4 DD kills and my team will be shooting on enemy DDs from 14km away hitting every 320 shoot maybe or my team fill have Myoko and Yorck and enemy will have 2 Belfast ect..ect..  Why you can not make normal balance MM, you know that Belfast is OP for this rank so plz make MM Belfast vs Belfast same number and you got all the info of the stats of the player that all together will give you one number upon which you can make normal balanced player MM  - why don't you want make this game better ????? 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,970 posts
23,361 battles

If you win 6 games you get 6 stars and if you lose 8  and deduct 5 that you are first you lose 3 stars so you have gained 3 stars and thus you must remain on same rank or advance

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Beta Tester
229 posts
6,705 battles

Rank is indeed very frustrating.

And I think the worst spot is being number 2 on the loosing side a tight fought game.

I'm pretty sure it was never WGs intention for all off us to reach rank 1, certainly not a mediocre player like myself.

So for me most rank seasons are a struggle to get the first flag, to get a little discount on all battles, from rank 15. And then I typically forget about it until next season.

But I do like your last suggestion: seperate MM for Belfast. It IS that good a ship :)

Players
1,011 posts
10,333 battles

@OP no, no and NO.

It is enough that the system gets abused by cowards as it is, you now want to move forward for being top on losing team? no way man.

Best players on team rarely get top exp on losing team. 

Most of the time its the cowards who hang back and once lost get the last kills to get top exp. I used to think that not losing a star when top player on losing team was a good but it turns out that its not.

• Cool 8

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,069 battles

So I could just ignore my team and earn as much xp as possible so I gain a star either way?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
172 posts
5,703 battles

At least you would not loose a star that way, sad when the game pushes you away from being a team player and in to the potato meta.

Edited by warspite666

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,696 posts
7,358 battles

So you want rewards for being on the losing side?

No.

Edited by Hedgehog1963
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
244 posts
10,853 battles

Oh boy, you're still not R5. Wait till you get in teams with players which play every single game to not a lose a star. Predators with 500 games played, that don't give aything good to the team. Heroes that go alone with Shiratsuyus and Akatsukis, DD's spotting no one and smoking no one ever, Colorados sniping DD's 13km away from the middle, AS CV's that just want plane kills, Belfasts using radar for themselves...and you want to give better rewards for that? System is already broken with not losing a star rule.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Ranked doesn't start till the Premier League... I'd wager the majority of players yo yo between R5 and R6. I know I did before I understood how things worked.

[AAO]
Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

Keeping the star works well, giving the star to best player is bad idea. It encourages camping, sniping and finishing low hp players.

But how about giving 2 stars to best player in winning team?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Keeping the star works well, giving the star to best player is bad idea. It encourages camping, sniping and finishing low hp players.

But how about giving 2 stars to best player in winning team?

The scores don't always show who has been important.

Decisive spotting and killing the right ship might not get you top in score but your team has come out with the stars. I'm currently on a 10 straight win streak but I've usually finished mid table. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

The scores don't always show who has been important.

Decisive spotting and killing the right ship might not get you top in score but your team has come out with the stars. I'm currently on a 10 straight win streak but I've usually finished mid table. 

all in all you all are for trailer system and not competitive system as always in this game

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

all in all you all are for trailer system and not competitive system as always in this game

?

A player in Ranked is 1/7th of a team. Pushing your team over the line rewards with a star rather than just the risk of not losing in a loss.

The meta in Ranked is different from Random Battles...

[SHIPS]
Beta Tester
86 posts

@OP no, no and NO.

It is enough that the system gets abused by cowards as it is, you now want to move forward for being top on losing team? no way man.

So you want getting past rank 15 to remain as random as it is? Because getting into 3 good teams in a row has NOTHING to to with skill, just with luck.

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

?

A player in Ranked is 1/7th of a team. Pushing your team over the line rewards with a star rather than just the risk of not losing in a loss.

The meta in Ranked is different from Random Battles...

The meta in Ranked is , others will do hard work !!

Do you want me to show you SC from friday or yesterday - on friday I had 12 games 10 lost, 26 ships destroyed, 4 times 1st place in lost, yesterday first 2 match win and than all lost I have even take Kiev and deal 90k with him and destroy 2 full hp and 2 2/3 od DDs and it wasent enough 1st pace and high cal. and ect second again 1st in team in Kiev  all lost - in Kiev i was target for at least 4 enemy player for the whole match playing bunny - it was my intention so my team can deal dam while they shooting on me but   noooooo  they were all behind island or siting in smoke and eating torps in 1 puff smoke ( Belfast and DD ofc )..

Btw it is about rank 9

Edited by VooDooZG

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

The meta in Ranked is , others will do hard work !!

Do you want me to show you SC from friday or yesterday - on friday I had 12 games 10 lost, 26 ships destroyed, 4 times 1st place in lost, yesterday first 2 match win and than all lost I have even take Kiev and deal 90k with him and destroy 2 full hp and 2 2/3 od DDs and it wasent enough 1st pace and high cal. and ect second again 1st in team in Kiev  all lost - in Kiev i was target for at least 4 enemy player for the whole match playing bunny - it was my intention so my team can deal dam while they shooting on me but   noooooo  they were all behind island or siting in smoke and eating torps in 1 puff smoke ( Belfast and DD ofc )..

Btw it is about rank 9

So basically you are killing everything in a Kiev but not winning much. 

And you blame the smoke meta. Whilst I can see your point you're better off playing to the meta and actually winning than fighting against the tide.

Consistently finishing mid table isn't getting others to do the hard work, considering I'm also consistently winning too. 

Stars not xp gets you to higher ranks.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

So basically you are killing everything in a Kiev but not winning much. 

And you blame the smoke meta. Whilst I can see your point you're better off playing to the meta and actually winning than fighting against the tide.

Consistently finishing mid table isn't getting others to do the hard work, considering I'm also consistently winning too. 

Stars not xp gets you to higher ranks.

I was not talking about you in "Consistently finishing mid table isn't getting others to do the hard work" but about players at last 2 place in team the one that will sit in smoke whole time not spoting at all or the one being behind island in BB whole match maximum movement 2-3 sq whole game..

I dont have problem with smoke meta, i have problem with my team players siting all in 1 smoke and than get torped because none of DDs do spoting, and then when I take Shira so I can be spoting whole match for my teammates whole match not sitting once in smoke than my teammates didn't hit any ship at all or they shooting each on other ships so none get killed - and best thing is that before start we do all agree that we need to spot and to focus to kill one ship  but than after 3min there is all for thamselfes none teamwork what so ever...  :(

sorry for my bad english

Edited by VooDooZG

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,372 posts
6,025 battles

I think that when I lose I come top of losing team somewhere between 50-75% of the time.  It isn't that difficult.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

I was not talking about you in "Consistently finishing mid table isn't getting others to do the hard work" but about players at last 2 place in team the one that will sit in smoke whole time not spoting at all or the one being behind island in BB whole match maximum movement 2-3 sq whole game..

I dont have problem with smoke meta, i have problem with my team players siting all in 1 smoke and than get torped because none of DDs do spoting, and then when I take Shira so I can be spoting whole match for my teammates whole match not sitting once in smoke than my teammates didn't hit any ship at all or they shooting each on other ships so none get killed - and best thing is that before start we do all agree that we need to spot and to focus to kill one ship  but than after 3min there is all for thamselfes none teamwork what so ever...  :(

sorry for my bad english

No problem.

Yes , a lot of people don't understand that if everyone smokes then there are no spotters... Just have to do your best with the players who want to work, even in the Premier League you get solo noobs.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,155 posts
10,966 battles

@OP no, no and NO.

Best players on team rarely get top exp on losing team. 

Most of the time its the cowards who hang back and once lost get the last kills to get top exp. I used to think that not losing a star when top player on losing team was a good but it turns out that its not.

This, so much this. I was a fan of this change initially but the reality made me change my mind. The best part of Ranked was originally that people had to win. There was nothing to gain from playing for your own score - you just had to win or you were punished. When you died, you still rooted for your team no matter how bad the situation - you always hoped that the last remaining ally makes some miracle happen...

Now? Now if I die with decent score and the situation looks bad, I find myself rooting for the enemy so that my other allies don't get too much XP, lowering my chances of not losing a start. That alone annoys me but I can't help it - it's just that unless victory seems possible, good performance of my teammates is gonna punish me.

What's more, playing for the team without caring for your own score is sub-optimal. Not every match can be won, after all, and the lost ones? Well, you better rack up that XP! That's why we so rarely see stealthy DDs actually going for initial spotting duty, for example - instead they all race to the chosen cap to not be too far behind in XP compared to capping teammates...

The very inclusion of personal XP reward to the rank progression system ended up poisoning the game mode. It's absolutely unacceptable to take it further and let people actually advance by losing.

As a final note - the system still is fairer than the previous one (where you could gain 2 stars by advancing a Rank or 1 if within a rank, leading to situation where the same win-lose-lose-win-lose-lose-win-lose-lose-win-lose-lose streak could for one player mean -4 stars (going from 3 to "-1") while for the other - where the first victory was taking him to next Rank - the same combination of victories and defeats would mean a net 0 change because each victory followed by two defeats was bringing him back to where he started. Such a system is not fair and it's good that we got rid of it in favor of another way of star generation... but that doesn't change my opinion on "1st in losing team" approach. They should probably just make it so that every, say, 5th defeat is "pardoned" by not losing a star with limit of one "pardon" every 24-hour period (to not give too much advantage to people who just play a lot instead of playing well. That way stars would still be generated but the harmful incentive to play for yourself rather than for team would disappear.

Edited by eliastion
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Correct it by having NO Irrevocable Ranks and everyone starts at the bottom. A true Ladder :izmena:

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

I don't understand "playing for the 1st place in team"  I always play for the win, giving my best and my all to try to win, spoting, helping, killing, finishing, caping being very active, doing all to help my team thats why i dont like to play with Belfast  - and in all that I finish 1st sometimes ofc..  so why is then problem not to get rewarded for active gameplaying ( and by getting rewarded i don't think that 0 is reward ) !??

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,083 posts
9,975 battles

I would also like a click here to gain rank 1 butom...... 

But If you play an a competitive mode you have to acept that you wont always get what you want :D