Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Wet_Pants

Is it fake message what I read? Ranked!

20 comments in this topic

Players
288 posts

"The top experience earner don not lose a star" thats what I know, 

But its seems a fake message. Just lost a game with my first battle in S.Dragon & I was the top xp earner but I lost a star. 

How its possible WG? your programming fails in some battle? or its a bug?

WG whats going on?

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
12,258 posts
8,454 battles

Wait... Can we have a screenshot?

Cause, you know, pics or didn't happen.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,022 posts
14,062 battles

Its not eh first battle you play, but the if you are first with XP on your team ... You proabably wasnt first xp earner ...

Players
288 posts

Wait... Can we have a screenshot?

Cause, you know, pics or didn't happen.

damn i didn't make it, cause I saw the star loss within a second :( didn't had enough time to make the screen shot.

Players
1,710 posts

For me, when I have topped the list I have kept the star. One possible explanation might be, that you had another battle going on which you left early, and if you also lost that battle, you will, of course, lose the star based on previous battle results (unless you come first in two successive defeats).

Edited by Browarszky

Players
288 posts

For me, when I have topped the list I have kept the star. One possible explanation might be, that you had another battle going on which you left early, and if you also lost that battle, you will, of course, lose the star based on previous battle results (unless you come first in two successive defeats).

I switch NA & EU would this be a reason I lose a star even when I was on top XP earner?

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

I switch NA & EU would this be a reason I lose a star even when I was on top XP earner?

Nope, accounts are completely separate.

Players
294 posts

U played a match in another ship, u died, back to port, u chose S. Dragon, u went in a match, u lost but u were top XP. You lost 1 star from the previous game in which u weren't top XP and it was displayed after 2nd match has ended.

• Cool 3

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,307 posts
8,571 battles

NA and EU have good compatibility. My guess It was RU and that's why lost one star.

Players
288 posts

Nope, accounts are completely separate.

I think I would like to disagree with you (sorry). Cause I did some consumable change in NA and played after battle, I logged in to EU and my nation pick was the same as NA, but I played last battle EU with German nation and on NA I played Japan. When I logged in EU the Japan nation was active! how this possible?

Players
288 posts

U played a match in another ship, u died, back to port, u chose S. Dragon, u went in a match, u lost but u were top XP. You lost 1 star from the previous game in which u weren't top XP and it was displayed after 2nd match has ended.

No bro, please believe me, I lost a star, its not the case here I am asking if its a WG Bug?

I am 100% sure I lost a star even when I was 1st XP earner but game was lost. 

lost/win is normal. but WG should fix this kind of bug

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
20,209 battles

I think I would like to disagree with you (sorry). Cause I did some consumable change in NA and played after battle, I logged in to EU and my nation pick was the same as NA, but I played last battle EU with German nation and on NA I played Japan. When I logged in EU the Japan nation was active! how this possible?

You are obviously using the same client. If you choose one ship say whilst logged into the EU but then log out to say play NA, you will have the same ship (or nearest to it in nation) when you log into NA.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,376 posts
12,061 battles

Captain. My sincere word of advice: stop with ranked. I see you suffer by it. Believe me: it's not worth it. Please: I urge you to just go back to randoms and stop torturing yourself. IMO ranked is 1 of the most vicious and malignant missions in this game. It is IMO 100% luck based. And the luck can be influenced by excellent play. Mr Average like I am will never make R1. Winning the Jackpot is a piece of cake compared to that. Heck: it even has got nothing to do with stamina (if I play enough, eventually I will win). I finished all the ARP challenges, all the diamond/ pearl and whatever events they threw at us. Getting to R1 will simply not happen. Even if you play 24/7 in our case. Now, I don't want to insult the players who do manage to get to R1. On the contrary: I highly respect your skill and luck. My only POV: it is impossible for the "average Joe" like I am. But tell me: how often did you meet a Flint in battle?? (Again: high respect to those who did. I made it a point to give them +1 Karma just for that. Friend or foe).

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

It is IMO 100% luck based. And the luck can be influenced by excellent play.

Errrm... so which one is it?

I mean, I might be going math nazi here, but it can't be both 100% luck based AND skill-dependent. If your skill changes the outcome then, by definition, it's no longer 100% luck. 

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,376 posts
12,061 battles

Errrm... so which one is it?

I mean, I might be going math nazi here, but it can't be both 100% luck based AND skill-dependent. If your skill changes the outcome then, by definition, it's no longer 100% luck. 

OK what I mean is: no matter how well a player you are, there's always a chance factor. For the good or the bad for that matter: there's always a slight chance you can get away with charging in like a madman and shooting down 3 ships in a row. Or that you position yourself optimally, wait for the exact time to strike only to find RNG-us against you. That's what I mean you can somewhat influence the chance with skill. Like in Roleplaying games. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,363 battles

"The top experience earner don not lose a star" thats what I know (...)

Ranked rigged... I (k)new it...

Isn't you went back to port before battle ended, started new battle and result was, you lost one star in one battle and did not in other?

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,860 battles

damn i didn't make it, cause I saw the star loss within a second :( didn't had enough time to make the screen shot.

It does not make sense why you created this topic without any proof, how would you backup your claim to CS? 

Players
1,011 posts
10,347 battles

It does not make sense why you created this topic without any proof, how would you backup your claim to CS? 

it does not make sense why you comment on a topic that died a month ago.

Sign in to follow this