Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Phil_McCavity

Since smoke is useless..

14 comments in this topic

Players
63 posts
2,100 battles

How about a philadelphia experiment perk. Press a button and teleport to a random place on the map? Might need a payoff like losing a quarter of your health or guns disabled for 30 seconds.. I think it would work ;) 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
430 posts

wait, smoke is useless? I was just in another thread that basically says that it's overpowered... I'm confused now

Edited by Live85

Players
527 posts

The Philadelphia experiment would teleport you roughly to the WoWS of 2047.. by which time you would be obsolete.

But smoke seems useless when I use it, unless I use it to cover my team mates. Whenever I stay in smoke with my Leningrad.. after the smoke is gone, I find my surrounded by half the red team. and.. you know how that goes.

Beta Tester
231 posts
4,456 battles

If you get Philadelphia Experiment, I get Montauk Chair !! Always knowing when and where you will teleport should work out and be totally fair ! :D

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

wait, smoke is useless? I was just in another thread that basically says that it's overpowered... I'm confused now

You see, it's Schrödinger smoke in fact, both useless and overpowered at the same time until you open the box.
  • Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,392 battles

I actually liked that movie. + for the imagination :)

• Cool 1

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

Since this topic is useless, how about a button to teleport it somewhere else?

oh god lol. I was preparing a troll comeback to OP's useless topic and then I read this response above..........A little bit of Mountain Dew went up my nose after reading it lol. (perfect response mate)

Players
1,058 posts
7,676 battles

The Philadelphia experiment would teleport you roughly to the WoWS of 2047.. by which time you would be obsolete.

But smoke seems useless when I use it, unless I use it to cover my team mates. Whenever I stay in smoke with my Leningrad.. after the smoke is gone, I find my surrounded by half the red team. and.. you know how that goes.

You are using your smoke wrong. Don't sit in smoke blind. Someone needs to spot when you're sitting in the smoke. It is not a solo play tool.
Edited by Agantas

Players
527 posts

You are using your smoke wrong. Don't sit in smoke blind. Someone needs to spot when you're sitting in the smoke. It is not a solo play tool.

That could be a partial explanation. What still makes me wonder is that iirc there have been times when other ships on my team have not been that far away, and even they have not seemed to have spotted all those red ships closing in on my position (I have been trying to cap in most cases). Of course, it is possible that those cruisers, for instance, have been hiding behind islands just waiting for my smoke to dissipate (while their DD patrols and fires torpedo salvos at my position...).

But yes, I need to be more careful with smoke in future, thanks for the tip!

Beta Tester
3,909 posts
13,851 battles

How about a philadelphia experiment perk. Press a button and teleport to a random place on the map? Might need a payoff like losing a quarter of your health or guns disabled for 30 seconds.. I think it would work ;) 

Sounds like a jolly good idea to me.

Love your name btw. Give your good friends Ben Doone, Patrick Fitzalan and Alan Fitzpatrick my regards.

Sign in to follow this