You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SyntheticMan

Bots/idlers in Ranked should be banned until the season is over

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
24 posts
6,751 battles

Several times I lose battles and ranks because I have total potatos try to idle their way through the game.

Please PLEASE lock them out of the ranked battles.

I get it. You can't ban people from game for the occasional idling offense, because it's "ok" for whatever reason.

But there is NO fun at all to have idlers/bots in ranked. They have no business there. Freeloaders.

It's just sooooo ******* frustrating when you try hard and you realize it's already 6 vs 7.

No fun at all. Bad bad bad bad.

PLEASE!

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Whilst I endorse the idea there remains one problem.

How is the MM supposed to identify these people?

Beta Tester
24 posts
6,751 battles

Uh, get 0 points for idling in a ranked battle, get flagged as bot, prevent said players from selecting ranked battles. Piece of cake for any amateur programmer :P

Edit: Or 0 points and 1-2 reports or whatever.

Edited by PanzerLiebe

[NLWG]
Players
124 posts
8,179 battles

And how many players have been reported by the other team because they had an awesome game and the opposition want some payback???

Beta Tester
24 posts
6,751 battles

And how many players have been reported by the other team because they had an awesome game and the opposition want some payback???

If they have 0 points, the game engine has already decided they're idlers/bots, so that doesn't really give any room for troll reports.

Like I said, combine the automatic 0 points system with reports and you know you have a bot/idler that has no right to play ranked.

...unless you've figured out a way to kill the enemies and get 0 points. Then your comment would be valid ;)

Edited by PanzerLiebe

[D-ODW]
Players
146 posts
19,963 battles

And what about btd issues internet provider fuckups?

I love it like some people dont think this trough.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

A big problem are those that play WoWs on their old Texas Instruments pocket calculators over 9600 baud modems... If you are lucky they connect 2 minutes in to the game and you can salvage some, but 4-8 minutes in to the game is the norm. I once had a guy connect at the end of the battle... wtf?! I wish WG did a CCP and upgraded the game to only work on computers that are good enough to make it launch on time, but I have a bigger chance believing in Santa and asking for a red dragon for Christmas.

Beta Tester
24 posts
6,751 battles

And what about btd issues internet provider fuckups?

I love it like some people dont think this trough.

It's ok.

I love when I should be expected to tolerate to have my gaming time ruined because someone has a bad connection.

If you can't play reliably, don't play. A single idling offense might not be bannable. It's the idiots that keep doing it that need to go.

There's a difference.

If your connection is so bad that you consistently get 0 points in ranked, then you really shouldn't be in ranked, even if you're not doing it on purpose. You can't play and you ruin it for others.

Once or twice, yeah sure, can happen to anybody. I didn't say my suggestion is exactly the rule that should be used.

Trying to give the idea the rules for ranked should be MUCH stricter than regular random potato battles.

Edited by PanzerLiebe

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

, but I have a bigger chance believing in Santa and asking for a red dragon for Christmas.

what's so bad about that?

[AAA-]
Players
663 posts
5,032 battles

Only had a few not starters but very convienient when the enemy has one they just have latency delay lag or whatever had it sometimes in the past its very frustrating for that player as well someone s ship dressed up with signal flags and a star flag or previous season flag you bet he or she wants to win as well. When they are back in they even apologize so things happen can happen to anyone. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,784 posts
10,685 battles

It's ok.

I love when I should be expected to tolerate to have my gaming time ruined because someone has a bad connection.

If you can't play reliably, don't play. A single idling offense might not be bannable. It's the idiots that keep doing it that need to go.

There's a difference.

If your connection is so bad that you consistently get 0 points in ranked, then you really shouldn't be in ranked, even if you're not doing it on purpose. You can't play and you ruin it for others.

Once or twice, yeah sure, can happen to anybody. I didn't say my suggestion is exactly the rule that should be used.

Trying to give the idea the rules for ranked should be MUCH stricter than regular random potato battles.

On the other hand, if you really get 0 points often, the first one to take the hit to stars/ranks is the person this happens to. So, basically, save for the first bunch of Ranks where it takes 2 stars to advance and every or every second rank is irrevocable... you basically can't meet idlers/bots. Since they are unable to progress anywhere near ranks 10 and better - too many stars to be gained from the last irrevocable (that too can't be reached if you just, as you stated "try to idle their way through the game". So if you meet someone who stays AFK through the Ranked match in a Rank10 and better game, you can be as sure as it gets that you didn't meet a bot/idler but a decent player who had either connection failure or game client problem that just f*cked him up. 

Basically, the problem you perceive (armies of professional AFKers) simply doesn't exist in the Ranks where it starts really counting.

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

I didn't start at the bottom rank, since last season gave a better starting rank, but at rank 10 and onwards, there are very few late loaders, and I'm not sure I've seen anyone idle for longer than a minute. I have seen one or two interpret "A" as going to the A line rather than the A cap, but that's about it.

Edited by AnotherDuck