Sign in to follow this  
Doo0ooM

Sick of cruisers firing at battleships only.

14 comments in this topic

Players
58 posts

Just had a game where an atlanta was parked behind a mountain and was shooting at battleships only

It was 4 bb + 1 cruiser + 2 dd vs 4 bb + 1 crusier + 22.

For atlanta/cruiser it's much more important to kill the dd's so that the dd's on team can kill the 4 battleships.

Atlanta did not stick to it's role/mission as indicated by objective/mission.

It's not just altanta's I see many other types of cruisers do this as well.

Worst part was that atlanta achieved highest score by just doing BB damage which was completely ineffective... since killing the bbs takes very long for an atlanta and is totally pointless... meanwhile the enemy blys wipes out 2 dds and almost a bb.

Quite sick of this cruiser behaviour especially when I play destroyer myself.

Solution:

Implement something so that players get more XP if they follow the objective and less if they do not so.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Implement something so that players get more XP if they follow the objective and less if they do not so.

Like, getting XP / credits in relation to the % of hp you remove from a target? 

:popcorn:

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

Like, getting XP / credits in relation to the % of hp you remove from a target? 

:popcorn:

That is awesome idea  , taking 5k HP from a DD could be worth more than 30k from a BB

They really should implement this

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

That is awesome idea  , taking 5k HP from a DD could be worth more than 30k from a BB

They really should implement this

I agree! Sure, it can't fix people having a mind of their own, but rewarding doing damage in relation to % of HP taken should promote what the OP wants I think.

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

they should add also rewards for spoting , spoting torepdos and  tanking damage . That would encourage players to focus on objective rather than camping behind and sniping

[-RT-]
Players
23 posts
10,463 battles

you do realize those 2 are trolling right? because that mechanic has been in the game for a LOOOONG time now.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

you do realize those 3 are trolling right? because that mechanic has been in the game for a LOOOONG time now.

You don't say :)

Everyone knows this is an old gripe for everyone, which is why these mechanics are indeed been implemented a long time ago. But as I said

Sure, it can't fix people having a mind of their own

.. so you will always have people who elect to farm high dmg numbers on BB's instead of securing a win with killing DD's. 

Players
40 posts
2,127 battles

I played a few games with the Atlanta myself,

and to be Honest with you, I'd rather go for targets that I actually have a fair chance of hitting.

If a DD pops up at my max range, just dont bother if there are better Targets to hit in range, that are less likely to evade your shots.

Keep in mind that Atlantas shells hang in the air for like up to 14 seconds on max range (around 13km) if I remember correctly,

and a DD spotted at that range will be probably not be braindead enough to keep on going straight for so long.

BBs on the other hand....

Maybe not Braindead, but slow moving, big targets, that dont evade your shells that easily.

If the DD is close enough, so that I dont have to give two screens lead in max zoom while playing a Cruiser (Over exagerating) he'll be a priority target for sure.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I played a few games with the Atlanta myself,

and to be Honest with you, I'd rather go for targets that I actually have a fair chance of hitting.

If a DD pops up at my max range, just dont bother if there are better Targets to hit in range, that are less likely to evade your shots.

Keep in mind that Atlantas shells hang in the air for like up to 14 seconds on max range (around 13km) if I remember correctly,

and a DD spotted at that range will be probably not be braindead enough to keep on going straight for so long.

BBs on the other hand....

Maybe not Braindead, but slow moving, big targets, that dont evade your shells that easily.

If the DD is close enough, so that I dont have to give two screens lead in max zoom while playing a Cruiser (Over exagerating) he'll be a priority target for sure.

OP perhaps wants you to rush the enemy DD's and kill them even if there are BB's 5km behind the DD's :hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
58 posts

I reviewed the replay yesterday of this Atlanta cruiser... he did fire at the destroyers, thought so... but then later in the game only battleships.

The atlanta did not try to finish of the blys which kinda pissed me off ! LOL.

Bye Bye Chumps ! :)

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

I reviewed the replay yesterday of this Atlanta cruiser... he did fire at the destroyers, thought so... but then later in the game only battleships.

The atlanta did not try to finish of the blys which kinda pissed me off ! LOL.

Bye Bye Chumps ! :)

OK good come back from your post, OP! Dozens of reasns for that. Mainly perhaps he just overlooked the opportunity. I know that happens to me a lot! Atlanta's armor can be quadrupled by taking cammo. Anything looking funny at it, will wreck it in 2 or 3 shots. So if he can find a place to harass BB's without getting obliterated there and then he can be a huge asset to the team. What I do see is they camp behind islands, doing nothing at all. And that kind or irritates me as well. :D

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

Given the state of the game, that's what I would do nowadays if I still even had it installed, just troll BBs with my suborbital incendiary cannons.

There's bugger all else a cruiser can do in a high tier match.

Sign in to follow this