Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Murro_the_One

I just cant play this game

17 comments in this topic

Players
164 posts
2,772 battles

not because i would not understand the concept, the different classes or gamplay

i cant play it because im not able to count with every moron who plays the game with me and have no clue what is the best way how to play his ship and im not able to predict what these people do in the future (1-2 minutes)

• game starts, you and couple of ships head to one side and start skirmish just to notice you are alone or 2 there left and rest is on their run back to base behind closed island
  • or DD's who spend first minutes of battle moving to other side since they most probably dont like their original spawn, screwing whole flank by doing that
  • camping BBs is pretty common so it not even funny to mention it
  • and whole teams of sheep who must all go together is most sad thing i see

im about to hit 500 battles and i thought im getting grasp of the game but either im stupid or this game is full of morons, or both

i dont mind losing to enemy team but i cant stand morons, who cant understand what is the game about to ruin it as part of my own team.....today i got my first tier7 ship as i think i might try that tier since i didnt want tu rush it and suck....dont know how is it in ranked, but i hope less idiots and less people in teams can be good thing...

Edited by Murro_the_One
  • Cool 3

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,357 battles

• That is annyoing but then again it's your lack of awareness that's the problem here as much as the team is
  • You can't say you've never done that
  • At your tiers maps are small anyway so it doesn't matter that much
  • Let's all cry then

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

500 battles is not really a huge amount, and whilst I am no expert on these things I would suggest a little too few for T7 games.

Sometimes the things you describe can be really frustrating, and defy reason, but that is one of the things you have to learn to live with in an online game. The word 'team' hardly exists. What you have is a collection of strangers, who probably do not all speak the same lingo, expected to work as one for 20 minutes. It aint gonna happen, and never will.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
871 posts
5,588 battles

Wish I figured out what you did in less than 500 battles. Lot of reasons there why I quit this game, just ain't fun playing in teams like these anymore.

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

you burned out man. played too much warships.

(plus you somehow expected your teammates wont be total morons.. huge mistake)

i was in same situation at about 1300 battles. than i took a short 13 months break from this game. and it helped me! now i can play it again.

Edited by Pivke

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,678 posts
15,767 battles

not because i would not understand the concept, the different classes or gamplay

i cant play it because im not able to count with every moron who plays the game with me and have no clue what is the best way how to play his ship and im not able to predict what these people do in the future (1-2 minutes)

• game starts, you and couple of ships head to one side and start skirmish just to notice you are alone or 2 there left and rest is on their run back to base behind closed island
  • or DD's who spend first minutes of battle moving to other side since they most probably dont like their original spawn, screwing whole flank by doing that

im about to hit 500 battles and i thought im getting grasp of the game but either im stupid or this game is full of morons, or both

i dont mind losing to enemy team but i cant stand morons, who cant understand what is the game about to ruin it as part of my own team.....today i got my first tier7 ship as i think i might try that tier since i didnt want tu rush it and suck....dont know how is it in ranked, but i hope less idiots and less people in teams can be good thing...

Looking at your stats, you seem to be a solid player, lower tiers are either populated by newbies who are learning the ships / game or seal clubbers (ahem) making life difficult for you. best bet is to get a nice solid T6 setup going and enjoy the T6/7 meta which is by far and away the best place to be in game currently !

Players
2,814 posts
12,769 battles

best bet is to get a nice solid T6 setup going and enjoy the T6/7 meta which is by far and away the best place to be in game currently !

Hmm... interested in why you say that.

Tier 7 - no question. A lot of popular ships, and the matchmaking seems to work in your favour. Lots of people have observed this.

Tier 6 - not so sure. A lot of my favourite ships are at tier 6, so that is strongly in its favour. However since "protected matchmaking" was introduced for tier 4 I find that tiers 5 & 6 fight more against higher tiers than they do against lower tiers (the balance used to be roughly 50-50, of course).  Some people take it in their stride to fight against nominally stronger ships most of the time, but not everyone. It helps if you are a decent player since you can cope with it better. For the average player though it is . . . .  "challenging".

Paradoxically, I think that the OP would be better at Tier 7 than Tier 6, since he looks as if he could cope with being at the higher tier.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,353 posts
3,346 battles

Yeah. My gf has taken an interest in the game, not her own account yet but I am teaching her the basics and talking strategy and tactics to her and she just gets it. I think some people just install and play without even trying for one second to understand mechanics and tactics and strategy is something they do not even give a second thought. Fridays and Saturdays are the worst though, Sundays is the best of the weekend-days as the drunkards are not online much. Tuesday to Thursday are usually the days when you get teams that mostly want to play the game. Don't give up, there are good games to be found out there.
  • Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
476 posts
4,309 battles

Tier 7 - no question. A lot of popular ships, and the matchmaking seems to work in your favour. Lots of people have observed this.

Tier 6 - not so sure. A lot of my favourite ships are at tier 6, so that is strongly in its favour. However since "protected matchmaking" was introduced for tier 4 I find that tiers 5 & 6 fight more against higher tiers than they do against lower tiers (the balance used to be roughly 50-50, of course).  Some people take it in their stride to fight against nominally stronger ships most of the time, but not everyone. It helps if you are a decent player since you can cope with it better. For the average player though it is . . . .  "challenging".

Paradoxically, I think that the OP would be better at Tier 7 than Tier 6, since he looks as if he could cope with being at the higher tier.

agree with this very well written statement. I quit playing T5 because I keep getting sucked into T7 games which is a deletion waiting to happen for anything not a DD.  

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,678 posts
15,767 battles

Tier 6 even though it get +2 /-1 MM is a good place to be.... let me explain...

Ships at T6 are more than able to deal with a large number of T8 enemy vessels, assuming you pick your fights with a little... umm... care.

T6 we have ample DD able to deal with higher tiered ships, Cruisers with excellent camo and guns (looking at you Leander) Buddy Holly, Spee etc etc. Battleships.... this is where the goodness begins, Mighty Fuso very hapily take on USN BB upto T8, IJN upto T8 just avoid the KM unless you want to burn them down... Bayern excellent brawler even against T8 BB, Only place where MM REALLY screw T6 in CV... but who really cares about them anyway lol.

Most of the time as bottom tier there will be maybe 1 or 2 8's a selection of 7's and another poor sucker in a 6.

So seeing 5 through 8 is not a biggie for a decent player in a 6, whereas seeing 5 to 9 in a 7 is not necesssarily as clear cut.

DD at 7 not yet able to mount concealment module, against enemy DD who can carry concealment Module, against cruisers at both 8 and 9 who have access to Radar etc also carriers carry more units as the tiers progress so more chance of being seen / nuked.

Cruisers, some of the worst cruisers in game are to be found at T7, Pepsi, Yorck, Schorrs, Myoko. There is only one stand out at T7 (looking at you Fiji)

Battleships, Nagato excellent at her tier but totally outclassed against 8/9, Colorado too slow and derpy out of her tier, Gneisenau/Scharnhorst are the exceptions here, mainly due to broken citadel mechanic and Torpedoes.

Carriers, both weak out of tier, possible exception Saipan (in the hands of a good player)

So yes, T6 is still the best place to play, good mix of newbies and clubbers, but having the tools to actually carry even as a bottom tier in many cases.

• Cool 2

Players
164 posts
3,139 battles

I 100% agree, battleships are in definite need of a buff :honoring:

Players
2,814 posts
12,769 battles

So seeing 5 through 8 is not a biggie for a decent player in a 6, whereas seeing 5 to 9 in a 7 is not necesssarily as clear cut.

Lots of good points there - and I've quoted the most significant IMHO.  I think that it agrees with the sentence that I wrote in my own post: "It helps if you are a decent player since you can cope with it better. For the average player though it is . . . .  "challenging"."

Tier 6 is a disaster area for me, personally, so it influences my opinion.  I save the main details of my games into a database so that I can get unbiased stats instead of mere "impressions", and these tell of my failures at tier 6. My win rates at the various tiers are:

Tier 4 57.0
Tier 5 51.5
Tier 6 45.2
Tier 7 50.5

Not very good at any tier, but Tier 6 is clearly a problem area for me - despite having some of my favourite ships (Budyonny, Fuso, Cleveland)

I've obviously fallen into the mistake of assuming that everyone else has the same experience that I have.  :(

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,678 posts
15,767 battles

Lots of good points there - and I've quoted the most significant IMHO.  I think that it agrees with the sentence that I wrote in my own post: "It helps if you are a decent player since you can cope with it better. For the average player though it is . . . .  "challenging"."

Tier 6 is a disaster area for me, personally, so it influences my opinion.  I save the main details of my games into a database so that I can get unbiased stats instead of mere "impressions", and these tell of my failures at tier 6. My win rates at the various tiers are:

Tier 4 57.0
Tier 5 51.5
Tier 6 45.2
Tier 7 50.5

Not very good at any tier, but Tier 6 is clearly a problem area for me - despite having some of my favourite ships (Budyonny, Fuso, Cleveland)

I've obviously fallen into the mistake of assuming that everyone else has the same experience that I have.  :(

Nelson, I seem to have the opposite experience to yours weird eh?

4%20to%207%20stats_zpsfqxsylon.jpg

6 is definitely the happy spot for me.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,593 posts
8,667 battles

Same problem here

Either i have rect games where is clear who win in 5 min after the start or campfest

"normal" game is as rare as pearl and for me is harder and harder to go for another battle, plz send cure

Beta Tester
359 posts
1,970 battles

just let your team "guide" you for the most part. 

if you play BB, try to be near your CA. tank shots for them, while they spot torps, kill planes, and burn everything.

if you play CA, try to assist your DD. kill the enemy DD and protect your DD from enemy spotters/fighters

if you play DD, you have more flexibility, though you still dont want to go into places your team cant help you

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

The meta is quite strange lately. All, ok, nearly all, matches are terminally boring. It's a complete walk over in 99% of the cases. Either on the recieving or the delivering end. I don't even bother to use flags or prem consumables anymore. In both scenario's they're utterly useless cause the xp/ credit income isn't much influenced by it. And when being in a being walked over the prem consumables will by you 5 seconds of playtime. Not going to waste them to that. Just get it over with quickly. And in the delivering matches I don't need them.

Players
79 posts
1,491 battles

I have almost 1500 battles. My premium ended on February 4th and I have not touched the game since. And as it seems I will not in the near future. The reasons are the same. The game simply is not fun. You either win or loss very fast because one of teams is full of morons. But the biggest poblem is that the game actually encourages this. Stpidity and moronity is not punished in any way. Hell it is even promoted. How else could someone with WR of 45% and 25k average damage get to tier 10? But at least you get 0 XP for afking, what a progress since WoT where even afkers are rewarded...

I can count on one hand how many balanced battles I had. And as mentioned by others, I also do not mind losing when it is after a nice battle undecided till the last minute. But these games can be count on one hand.

However this is typical for every WG title and will not change. If anything, it will get worse. This was the exact reason I left WoT. However it took me two years there, while for WoWS it has taken me two months...

Sign in to follow this